X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pilot.Vrf201 View Post
    Quick question for the masses, how is the 8s version on grass?

My field is short grass, but not very flat. :Scared:

Thanks!
    I fly it off grass - the 8s has enough thrust for fairly short takeoff distance.

Comment

Thanks Paulz!

Comment

New FW 1390kV Upgrade: I had a chance to fly the Yak today after upgrading from the stock 8S to the new FW 8S EDF. This new unit is 30g lighter and has a bit more thrust and efficiency.

Results: The Yak flies a bit more confident and now makes nice turns at half throttle. The more efficient EDF allowed me to extend flight times by 30 seconds.

Overall not earth shattering but I think still worth the upgrade. This plane has a very draggy fuselage and it is worth adding thrust whenever possible.

Comment

Freewing Yak 130 90mm LED / Tiptank 3DPUP

With my Yak 130 I have separated the implied weapons pylons at the wing tips. With a 5mm brass tube I drilled the cable passage to the aileron servo so that I could bring the two required cables through. The wing ends with LED`s have the shape of the wing inside, so that the part can be glued without problems. The cover I have printed from HD glass, should not be Matching filament at hand can also be formed with the stamp made by me the glass itself. As a lighting circuit I use Aurora LCU EVO2. If I have time again I will make the weapon pylon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiZBAqpQgfo

Comment

Shook the dust off this gorgeous hangar queen and had her out for a few 8S flights today. Man, I forgot how impressive this one looks, and even better, sounds in the air!

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora View Post
              Shook the dust off this gorgeous hangar queen and had her out for a few 8S flights today. Man, I forgot how impressive this one looks, and even better, sounds in the air!

Man that looks nice, I just did the same thing this morning, dusted off the old Yak and got a flight in on my last battery, love the sound, best sounding EDF out there, you would think it had a turbine in it.

Comment

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Man that looks nice, I just did the same thing this morning, dusted off the old Yak and got a flight in on my last battery, love the sound, best sounding EDF out there, you would think it had a turbine in it.
                It DEFINITELY sounds all the business when in the air. The sound of the efflux is incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                  The sound of the efflux is incredible!
                  I take Zantac for that.

Comment

What? Discontinued? MRC please do not stop making/selling parts for this jet, this continues to be my favorite and I have a lot of time & money in this one...

Comment

Hello, how many amps does the original 8 S setup by Freewing need?

Comment

And back out for more flights today!

Comment

I don’t know why but I’m super excited for this jet to get here. Anyone have a nose gear brace?

Comment

Has anybody had problems with the gear cycling? Have tested each operation individually, doors & gear, with servo tester, all work okay. All connected, mains stay up. On occasions will work as advertised. Checked voltages, wiring etc. I think it is an intermittent fault in the module. Have checked Motion, spare modules are no longer made. It is interesting that James (Motion) did a video on the "E" module and indicated it would be replaced by the "D" (which is in mine). Looks like the only fix is remove doors and plug gear straight into rx. Anybody have any thoughts? Would really like to have it operating as per standard. Alpha, perhaps you may be able to put some light on the problem, being on sight. Freewing have ignored emails I have sent. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by M1110 View Post
                              Has anybody had problems with the gear cycling? Have tested each operation individually, doors & gear, with servo tester, all work okay. All connected, mains stay up. On occasions will work as advertised. Checked voltages, wiring etc. I think it is an intermittent fault in the module. Have checked Motion, spare modules are no longer made. It is interesting that James (Motion) did a video on the "E" module and indicated it would be replaced by the "D" (which is in mine). Looks like the only fix is remove doors and plug gear straight into rx. Anybody have any thoughts? Would really like to have it operating as per standard. Alpha, perhaps you may be able to put some light on the problem, being on sight. Freewing have ignored emails I have sent. Thanks.
                              I looked at rc-castle.com, which is my go to when motion rc is out of something. But alas no replacement blue board...

Comment

Thanks Phantom, I've checked most sources, the module doesn't seem to be available any where.

Comment

I miss mine so badly , i WISH ALPHA can see this message to ask him if in any corner of the were house there is a yak , with or without power system.
                                  Everyone have a fav jet, mine was the yak and still does . Long story short , mine had the first blue box installed and had issue from the beginning. Crush with no controls . In this day’s i’m still using the same reciver and battery on my f-18 and so the radio.
                                  I never call Motion, I didn’t have a video and the jet was going out of production. Got a old used one, rough condition from previous owner. Got 20ish fly on it and sold it. To many dents and glue , i like my girls in tip top condition but i miss her very very much !
                                  I’ll pay full price Alpha...if spirit move your soul

Comment

And here she was ....
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Sweet Yak!
                                      They show the Yak out of stock, I wonder if they will.carry it again in the future or if it's truly discontinued. Maybe if you enter your info in the "Notify Me" prompt?

Comment

Just few day’s ago at the field i was talking of the yak 90mm with few other pilots.. got attention very quickly and many of us was wishing to get it again or few for the first time , the response was overwhelming and crowd got bigger . we have the same question and only 1 wish, maybe in the future will be available again , so we need to wait .
                                        i’m glad i’m not the only one !!
                                        we all agreed, about 9 of us , all newer jets are made in a better way, light weight and fly longer , but don’t have the same “ eye candy “ as the yak or T-45 and so on ..
                                        words to the wind, i know, just sharing the field experience.
                                        little note, most of us had in the past the 8S version .
                                        What a great jet !

Comment

• Agree and the Yak-130 is a perfect candidate for a remake in a twin 80mm or a single 120mm EDF configuration. It would fly great as a bigger model!

Comment

Working...
                                          X