X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulda thought of that. Here it is:

RC Flying • Home of the free give aways every few months! Like and Sub for more give-aways ;)

Comment

I need to touch up vertical stab. Decal attached to the wrong location[operator error]. Removing it also took off the paint. Anyone know the correct color? Nothing I have matches. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
        I need to touch up vertical stab. Decal attached to the wrong location[operator error]. Removing it also took off the paint. Anyone know the correct color? Nothing I have matches. Thanks
        If you have a HomeDepot (or Loews, but HomeDepot has provided better paint matching for me in the past) near you, take them as flat of a part of the plane as you can find to have them scan it in their machine. Often times they can produce a great color match in their machine within 1-2 tries. Then, a sample of paint can be purchased for incredibly cheap, maybe $2-3 for more paint than you'll ever need for touch-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

If you have a HomeDepot (or Loews, but HomeDepot has provided better paint matching for me in the past) near you, take them as flat of a part of the plane as you can find to have them scan it in their machine. Often times they can produce a great color match in their machine within 1-2 tries. Then, a sample of paint can be purchased for incredibly cheap, maybe $2-3 for more paint than you'll ever need for touch-ups.
          Have a Home Depot close by. Thanks for the info.

Comment

For anyone running the upgrade gear, are the wheels any larger diameter than stock? If so what is the diameter. I fly from grass, so any extra diameter helps. Thanks.

Comment

I hope to be ordering mine in February. I am looking to Callie for some over the top custom graphics that are going to blow you guys away. She has the photos, and is in the process of getting them ready. A friend of mine just got his, and I took a look in the box. Man, is this thing pretty!! I had to wipe the slobber off of it before I closed the box back up. I am going to get the ARF Plus, and put the Freewing 2938-2085 inrunner in it, and see if I can get to the moon. I will probably only get 2 1/2 minutes on a 4000, but that's okay, it will be a hair raising 2 minutes!! I have attached the photos of the cooler portions of the scheme for you guys to see, and once I have it, and get it done, i will share those pics as well!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160601-194201.png
Views:	909
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	56757Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160531-184333.png
Views:	921
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	56756
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok.... I just ordered the PNP.... can not wait!!!
                Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

My 6SPro will be here Monday, along with two Admiral Pro 4000s. The Toledo Stinger graphics from Callie are already here waiting. The FlightLine P-38 is on the build bench now. This one is next in the build queue.

Does anyone have the upgrade gear for the F16? I'd like to know if the upgrade gear has larger wheels or are they the same size as stock?

Comment

I have mine ready to go. Just waiting on some decent weather,30 plus wind and cold temps don't work for me.

Comment

I really would like to get the 6s as I have some 6s 5000, would this be ok for room and cg ? I would like to avoid buying 4s for one plane

Comment

FW F16 70mm V2 pro 6s is now my favorite edf. Fast but can be slowed for smooth landings. Upgraded the gear which made the the landings very smooth. If you like going vertical this is the jet.

Comment

What a sweet flying lil bird!!! I got several flights this past weekend and it was a total dream to fly!! my only gripe is the wheels... totally crappy hard and oblong.. I got some Hangar 9 wheels that were softer and looked much better. Not sure if I wanna go for the upgraded gear since they will add weight...

As it is now the power is really good!! However I may go for the 14 blade xrp fan with 2200kv motor.... it would give this plane a slight kick in the pants!!
                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Gooniac, make sure you write in to the Customer Service team to get a replacement wheel and so they can document the aberration up the chain to Freewing.

I do really like this bird. Xplaneguy flew the paint off his earlier today and put on a show for all of us every time he went up with it. Video going up tomorrow.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                              Gooniac, make sure you write in to the Customer Service team to get a replacement wheel and so they can document the aberration up the chain to Freewing.

I do really like this bird. Xplaneguy flew the paint off his earlier today and put on a show for all of us every time he went up with it. Video going up tomorrow.
                              ok will do... and I have several videos from this weekend... it flies amazing!!! Totally love this jet!!!

Comment

Wind dropped to15mph, temp got up to 50, so I did the maiden flight today. No problems, flew great. 2nd flight not so good, drifted left, nose wheel dropped of the runway and broke the nose off. The plane then became airborne definetly tail heavy. Managed to bring it around and make a smooth landing. A testament to how well this plane flies.

Comment

Here's the build!

Comment

The 6S Pro version is out of stock - that was quick. It's obviously going to be a big seller so how about a color scheme other than disappear in the sky grey? This sure would look great or the General Dynamics YF16 prototype scheme shows up exceptionally well.

Comment

Nice build vid Ryan. Thanks.

Comment

Here are my flights from this past weekend...

Comment

Thrust tube ?

Hi everyone. Mine is on the way. I have had a number of Vipers and up till now I think the best was the SAPAC. This looks like it might be even better

I have two questions:
                                          1 Is there any need for a thrust tube with the stock PRO set up ?

2 Is there enough meat around the fan area and start of the exhaust tunnel to take out some foam for an 80mm fan?

Thanks for your advice
                                          Tezact

Comment

Working...
                                          X