X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beetlemankurt View Post

Hi all, been stalking this site for a while now and have been active over at another popular RC website too. After flying my FMS Yak 130 for a bit I purchased this fantastic jet and thought you might like to see my repaint. Can’t wait to get her flying. Still got a few bits to do on it. I look forward to being part of this great community.

Cheers Kurt.
    WELCOME!!!!! Glad you are here. No pics for me on the computer either!!! Have a great weekend!!

Comment

• Hi guys, let me know if it worked this time around.....sorry about that!

Comment

• Hey I see it! Very nice looking plane!!

Comment

Hi guys, let me know if it worked this time around.....sorry about that!
          looks SWEEEET :Cool:
          rc flyin addict

Comment

• That looks great!

Comment

• Has there been any issues with elevators coming unglued in flight? It was my 4th sortie and I was pulling out of a dive and it was pulling up easily.... until it wasn’t. It went straight into the ground. Surprisingly only the fuselage and nose cone were destroyed. Upon post crash damage all of the glue on pieces were “hardly” glued on. I put plenty of glue on the surfaces during installation but it didn’t cure holding the two surfaces together. I wish they were bolted on haha

Comment

• My elevator came off on the second flight of my first bird. Since it is not a full-flying stab, it was actually the "elevator" (control surface) that departed the horz. stab. That caused lack of control authority and a resultant 90 mph belly flop on the pavement... Tough bird, but totaled... For what it is worth.

Comment

• Awesome flying plane. I did add wing tanks and don’t fly all the time with them because the drag is very noticeable. Also one of the hardest masking/paint jobs. Callie Graphics.

Comment

• Originally posted by OsideRCflyer View Post
                    Awesome flying plane. I did add wing tanks and don’t fly all the time with them because the drag is very noticeable. Also one of the hardest masking/paint jobs. Callie Graphics.
                    Amen to the paint job.... Mine is almost done and the masking is no fun at all!!! Looks great!! !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
                      Has there been any issues with elevators coming unglued in flight? It was my 4th sortie and I was pulling out of a dive and it was pulling up easily.... until it wasn’t. It went straight into the ground. Surprisingly only the fuselage and nose cone were destroyed. Upon post crash damage all of the glue on pieces were “hardly” glued on. I put plenty of glue on the surfaces during installation but it didn’t cure holding the two surfaces together. I wish they were bolted on haha
                      I didn't properly explain the glue issue... All of the control surfaces that required glue were completely separated from the fuselage. After looking at the points where the glue had hardened on the stabs and rudder, there was barely enough glue to keep them together without moving. The added torque just pulled it out enough to kill the plane.

Comment

• Did you use the supplied contact cement or Foam Tac?

Comment

• I used the CA glue that I have used for years on foam planes. I quickly threw the plane together after I got off work one day to fly that evening so I must not have examined where the most important contact points were. Lesson learned... This was the first plane I didn't take my time building and programming and it showed.

Comment

• Roger! Hope it all goes better the next go round :Cool:

Comment

Awesome flying plane. I did add wing tanks and don’t fly all the time with them because the drag is very noticeable. Also one of the hardest masking/paint jobs. Callie Graphics.
                              Wow! That looks fantastic!...nice job and great photos to boot

Comment

• Love the paint scheme Oside! Where’d you obtain the tanks and pylons? Nice addition!

Comment

Hi guys, let me know if it worked this time around.....sorry about that!
                                  Love it!!! Great job!! :Cool::f16

Comment

Second on the tanks.... I would certainly buy a set from you if you printed them. Just for static display... Again, great job... I will go get a pic or two of mine so far... Thanks!!! Jerry

Comment

• Here is the Texas Edition in progress.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                        Here is the Texas Edition in progress.....
                                        Awesome stuff Hardway! Those are some nice crisp lines you got there. Looking forward to seeing it done and dusted .

Comment

Awesome stuff Hardway! Those are some nice crisp lines you got there. Looking forward to seeing it done and dusted .
                                          Thank you!!! I am so busy with the B-17G electric conversion, the F-16 will have to wait until the end of September!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X