Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering is everyone setting up flaperons or does it land good enough with out them. Maidan flight coming up soon just wondering what to expect!

Comment

• Originally posted by Okmedic View Post
      Just wondering is everyone setting up flaperons or does it land good enough with out them. Maidan flight coming up soon just wondering what to expect!
      Welcome! I personally have setup for flaperons, and bypassed the blue box with a dedicated Y-harness for the elevators.

If you are landing on tarmac, the plane doesn't bleed speed very well and can run off the runway so land in with a decent flare to bleed speed. My Pitot tube didn't last long :)

Suko on RCGroups shared his flaperon settings and these work well for me. Here is the picture for reference for the flap settings.

I have 11 flights on this bird so far and all have been with stock 90mm CG. It required a good amount of elevator trim but is very stable. I am slowly shifting the CG back as I notice the plane had trouble with loops and split-s maneuvers.

Comment

• Great thank you so much that really helps and I don’t really have a lot of land in space so I will definitely take your Advice

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk Okmedic! Have a great weekend...

Comment

• Thank you very much I love all the information on here extremely helpful

Comment

• These Freewing jets fly so good!

Comment

• FYI...

We are now offering a High Performance version of this cool jet...
                • NEW! High performance 12-blade EDF with 2957-2210kV In-Runner Motor
                • NEW! Upgraded shock-absorbing struts

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• awesome, need to do somthing, my stock motor took a dump at around 10 flights :(

Comment

• Anyone have any luck flying 5000s in this 6s version? Very tempted, but not enough to get new 4000s.

Comment

• all ready have that upgrade aros...still can only get it off short grass a day or two after mowing....why did freewing not put flaps on this jet

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                        all ready have that upgrade aros...still can only get it off short grass a day or two after mowing....why did freewing not put flaps on this jet
                        Do you have enough channels for flapperons? They work good

Comment

• +1 on the flaperons. Makes a big difference for grass ops. They shortened my take-off roll by about 1/3. Grass does need to be pretty short though.

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                            Anyone have any luck flying 5000s in this 6s version? Very tempted, but not enough to get new 4000s.
                            A friend is flying his a 5000ma , no problem there.

Mike
                            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Have the 2210kv installed with low timing. RTF. Have flapperons progrogrammed and even added a spoiler setting. . On a three-way switch I have flaps up, take-off flaps and then spoilers.. Once it's down on the ground I can switch to spoilers with a down elevator mix. We'll see. Like experimenting. Hope to fly this weekend
                              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• guess its flaperons for me...Ill try to set them up today even though I can fly it off the fresh mowed grass for a day or two

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                                  Anyone have any luck flying 5000s in this 6s version? Very tempted, but not enough to get new 4000s.
                                  Ive flown this one in mine, 6200..

Power your RC hobbies with Compact Battery Packs from ZIPPY batteries. Buy RC batteries online at HobbyKing for the lowest prices. Fast international shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                                    FYI...

We are now offering a High Performance version of this cool jet...
                                    • NEW! High performance 12-blade EDF with 2957-2210kV In-Runner Motor
                                    • NEW! Upgraded shock-absorbing struts

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Thanks Aros,

Is there any vid posted, how is the wing loading, does the gear handle grass well ? Thanks !
                                    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Sorry no video just yet...Will post in this thread when I get it in my hands and publish. Wing loading is on par with the original...Struts can handle (manicured) grass just fine...
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• sweet, love inrunners for edf, thanks Aros
                                        rc flyin addict

Comment

• with the 2210 and a vid from my phone it sounds a lot like a turban but when I repost it the turban sound seems to get a little swishy but still it has a ton of power
                                          my question is how much deflection does every one use on take off for flaperons? I have suko's settings but not sure which setting to use off crappy grass

Comment

Working...
                                          X