Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome aboard!!! DL72. Glad you are here!!! :Cool:

Comment

• I am so loving this bird!!! The high alpha with this plane are like none other!! My flights from last weekend....

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Just threw 2 hinges in each of my elevators (hoping that's enough) after some initial flight issues. Can't wait to get this dialed in!

Comment

• Just finished installing rc geeks centerburner and thought I’’d share my experience for anyone in my situation. Quick history though, I bought this last week on impulse, and being my first edf, if I had done a little research first I would have bought the 6s professional instead of the one on sale. After a quick email to Chris at rc geek I purchased the centerburner. 3 days later it’s in my mailbox. I soon realized it wasn’t going to fit as Chris didn’t realize I had the out runner. He was kind enough to offer to return my money, but I’’m stubborn, so I made it work instead of spending even more to get the Inrunner. (3) 2-56 pushrods, some swivel ball links, and a dremel later I made a working solution. It’s a little rough, but works great and the picture should be self explanatory. Next time I’ll just buy the version with the Inrunner.

Comment

• I admire your ingenuity, Dlink72. One suggestion though would be to test the setup thoroughly on the ground before flying it, including both evaluating the thrust to verify the inevitable decrease is acceptable and your mounting solution is solid. If the burner becomes misaligned for any reason during flight, it could vector the thrust abnormally and result in a potentially damaging flight condition.

Good luck!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks for the advice and well noted. I tried to take all of those into consideration. The ball links made it simple to line up the burner as if it were installed as originally designed. My only concern is that the 3D printed material won’t hold up to the vibration over time since it isn’t supported by the fan unit. When the weather improves I’ll do some testing. Either way I’m optimistic it will work. To be honest, I wanted to put the Inrunner in its place but it’s out of stock and I’m impatient :)

Comment

• FW F-16 V2 70mm
                This is a 4S setup, a bit under powered but, it will be enough for someone to learn jets. I wrecked my first EDF jet SU-35. So i decided to pick up something that will be easier to fly.
                I made few mods to the model. Made vents above ESC to get max air flow. Upgraded landing gear. CG is 90mm+, if going by the book. It might be around 100mm or so. Flies really nice, i love this plane. Added FPV system; RunCam Split and 600mw VTX. I will provide stats in a video when i get a chance to fly again, waiting to warm up a bit, we had a sudden cold-snap here up north.
                I have another video with maiden flight, take-offs and landings... will post a link shortly
                That's my setup, totally enjoy this EDF, can't wait to fly it FPV. And yes, i will be converting this to 6S at a later date.

Sam

Comment

• “I wrecked my first EDF jet SU-35. So i decided to pick up something that will be easier to fly”

I crashed 2 SU-35s on takeoff from grass. Once you figure out the control surface throws, CG and turn OFF thrust vectoring it instantly became a favorite

Comment

• Upgraded the 4S system for the 6S pro 2150kv. Also added the Nerf whistles. Hope to try it out tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by paul45120 View Post
                      Upgraded the 4S system for the 6S pro 2150kv. Also added the Nerf whistles. Hope to try it out tomorrow.
                      Did you just order the 2150?? I will give you one if you can return it. I have 6 or 8 laying around

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

Did you just order the 2150?? I will give you one if you can return it. I have 6 or 8 laying around
                        Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. I ordered the whole assembly. The fan and the housing we’re getting a little ragged anyway.

Comment

• I meant the whole thing. Motor, fan and housing

Comment

• Crashed mine today, model is destroyed. Lost orientation due to model being too far out. Underestimated wind gust. Wife filmed from the ground with her cell but, nothing good really. Battery - destroyed, FrSky RX - destroyed. Haven't checked the camera. Something was beeping when i came up on it.I was happy i found it, really wanted to see the HD footage.
                            Here is the HD FPV footage from on-board recording.Took about 1.5 hours to find the model, came back all soaked and wet.
                            Last edited by Sam CS; Nov 12, 2018, 10:10 PM. Reason: link didn't work

Comment

•  

Comment

• Bummer ! Grey sky's sure didn't help I'm sure

Comment

• Visibility is the reason I went non scale and painted the wing tips and top of vertical florescent orange. Now my old eyes can see it.

Comment

• I wonder, how would it handle 6s 5000 battery... Will it be too heavy? Maybe use a combo of 2300kv EDF with 6s 5000... anyone tried this before?
                                    I was running 4s 5000 Admiral Pro 60C on 2850KV motor and it felt significantly under powered, plus adding fpv equipment to the total weight of the plane.
                                    Dont get me wrong though, I think 4s with 2850kv motor will do just fine for a new EDF pilot... just can't add any more weight to it lol. I had few close calls on my first flights, watching my brand new plane barely clear the tree line and slowly gaining altitude.

So, i am definitely getting another one for sure and was thinking about following setup i can experiment with, please let me know what you think
                                    1. go with 6s 5000 and 2300kv motor. Will it gain performance with 6s 5000 Admiral, or will it be heavy and i will end up having same issues as i did with 4s?
                                    or
                                    2. go with 4s but, use something like 3000 to 3500kv motor... Will have to get 100+Amp ESC but, i think it might just give a bit more thrust than the "stock" 4s 2850kv motor.

What do you guys think?

Comment

• I have flown with 6s 5000’s, it’s not fun. The elevator loses a lot of effectiveness because the poor support of the horizontal stab. Also, you need to add hinges and hinge tape or the elevator will rip off and smoke your plane. Happened to me on the second flight. I have a bunch of unused 70mm 6s complete EDFs as well as 8 ESCs that come with them. If you want a set PM me and I’ll sell them to you for not much at all. They are 2150kV 12 blade with 60 amp ESCs

Comment

• I just looked at motion. The 6s version (grey$ is on sale for $199 with an 80a ESC and the same EDF that I mentioned in my previous comment

Comment

• yes I know, I have them too. My first wrecked EDF, SU-35... now I just accumulate parts lol

So I was looking at FreeWing 3000kv motor for 4s setup. That should give me a bit more kick and still have the ability to use the 4s 5k admiral

Comment

Working...
                                          X