X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
    All order I take it it will run OK with the ESC that is with the outrunner version OK
    Yes. It uses the same 80a ESC as the outrunner.

Comment

• Hello does anyone use in all axes expo ? Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Fredardi View Post
        Hello does anyone use in all axes expo ? Thanks
        Its a matter of personal choice, I use 30% expo across the board. The best way to determine whether you have enough or not is to sit behind the plane and move the sticks as you would in flight, if any other control surface moves besides the one you are inputting, you'll need to add expo.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Expo is all a matter of preference. I personally use a lot more than most because I don't want my controls affecting each other. I set my planes up so that if I use full aileron, that movement isn't affecting the elevator and vice versa. That usually equates to about 40-50% and sometimes even higher. But as I said there is not right or wrong way.. its all what you prefer.
          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I'm also between 40-50% on my stuff too.

Comment

I start at 30% and adjust as necessary.

Mike
              \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• 30-40% has been my universal standard for years.
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I see thank you all...I will stay around 30% on all axes...Certainally not putting a 70% expo... :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

Its a matter of personal choice, I use 30% expo across the board. The best way to determine whether you have enough or not is to sit behind the plane and move the sticks as you would in flight, if any other control surface moves besides the one you are inputting, you'll need to add expo.

Grossman56
                    Thank you...What you mean across the board ...You don't use the blue board ?

Comment

Thank you...What you mean across the board ...You don't use the blue board ?
                      The blue board has nothing to do with "expo". What he means is he uses the same expo on all control surfaces, on all rates.

Comment

• I initially set the expo to 1/4 or 1/3 of whatever the dual rate setting is. If my dual rate setting is 100%, I might use 25% or 33%. If my dual rate is 75%, I usually use 25% expo. My expo's are all generally 30% ± 5%. I sometimes use more, but hardly ever less except for 3D rates. Set the dual rates first for the max throw you want. Then adjust the expo based on the feel around neutral. If it's too touchy, increase the expo. If you're having to move the stick too much around neutral, decrease the expo.

Comment

• Originally posted by txkflier View Post
                          I initially set the expo to 1/4 or 1/3 of whatever the dual rate setting is. If my dual rate setting is 100%, I might use 25% or 33%. If my dual rate is 75%, I usually use 25% expo. My expo's are all generally 30% ± 5%. I sometimes use more, but hardly ever less except for 3D rates. Set the dual rates first for the max throw you want. Then adjust the expo based on the feel around neutral. If it's too touchy, increase the expo. If you're having to move the stick too much around neutral, decrease the expo.
                          Thank you i will !

Comment

• Thinking about resurrecting my previously crashed HP F16 in buying an ARF kit. Just curious for those running the 5000 packs. I only have 2 4000 pro's and rather than pick up more 4000s figured I'd just consolidate resources. Those with the high performance version do you notice any difference between the two in characteristics or flight time? I just weighed the two and there's a difference of about 3.3 grams. Thanks in advance everyone.

Comment

• The HP should handle 5000s no problem, although not all 5000s are the same. Higher C ratings will weigh more as you probably know. You don't need a 50c + pack in a 70mm plane. I run 4600 35c and 5200 45c (probably 35+c really) without any problems. However I probably wouldn't run my HRB 5000 50c packs as they are much more heavy, I use these in my 80mm and 90mm jets.

Comment

• Point taken, and yes they are all 50c rated. I will just stick to the 4000s. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2634.jpeg
Views:	959
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	252798 Hmmmm, there should be a servo here somewhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by TangoVector View Post
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2634.jpeg
Views:	959
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	252798 Hmmmm, there should be a servo here somewhere...
                                    That's kind of a weird place to put a decal.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      That's kind of a weird place to put a decal.
                                      Yupp, but since it came like that out of the box, who am I to say it's not correct?

Comment

• Good Morning Guys,

I am contemplating a F-16 V2 HP as my next purchase.

How do they go off grass? Would she fly OK with a 6S 3300?

Many thanks,

Phil.

Comment

• Greetings everyone.... Just picked up the Freewing F-16. Not sure which version. How do I tell which one I have (4S or 6S). It came with the upgraded landing gear so i will be putting those on. Thanks in advance. John

Comment

Working...
                                          X