X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
    Hey all. I am having a bad day with my f16. I got this baby up in the air back in January and only put on a dozen flights. It was put in hanger and a few others saw the bulk of the summer flying. I took the f16 out today for a few flights and right away had an issue on take off. She really struggled to get off ground. It flew like we were dragging a 20lb blowing ball behind it. Even my buddy said oh boy that’s not good. I managed to get her down but the nose gear didn’t deploy. So after charging up and running through esc I set timing to high and tried again. No difference. She is a pig now. About to throw this f16 in trash. Any suggestions? Like I said it flew great at first but now she is a dog. Won’t pull any verticals, speed is drastically reduced.

This is an old post but I had the same problem with my HP V2 F16. Ended up buying a new ARF and swapping electronics and now flies great. Any ideas?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200823_164552[1].jpg
Views:	1039
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	270298Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200823_164530[1].jpg
Views:	972
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	270299Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200823_164358[1].jpg
Views:	1005
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	270300
      Timing normally works on low setting, try going back to low, then calibrate the throttle lever/esc again.. I had fun after trashing the fuselage due to brain failure and some blue box channels did not work so I scrapped the blue box and just used Y leads, retracts etc now work fine. fan works fine
      ( FMS70mm 6s 12 blade pro) I fly off grass and put in a flap /aileron mix, 1/4 inch take off, 1/2 inch landing. I took the opportunity for a bit of a repaint at the same time as per photos attached

Comment

• Here is a picture of my battery support for my 4000mah batteries. It is glued in the "roof" and I use different depron pieces to get a snug fit depending on the battery. Word of caution: Nothing but the shape of the depron-piece is stopping it from end up in the fan. Realised that just in time

Click image for larger version

Name:	F16battsupport.jpg
Views:	970
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	278778

Comment

• So I've read thru this thread and I see that some guys are adding tail weight to get CG correct. What CG are you guys flying at? By the manual 90mm, further forward, further rearward? The batteries I have currently are the Turnigy graphene 4000mah 65C, weighs in at 733g...Pushed all the way back, I'm still nose heavy. I'm trying to not purchase more batteries and really can't afford them right now. Will the extra weight be detrimental to the jet flying? If you added tail weight, where did you put it? Cheers!
          Attached Files

Comment

• How to fly high alpha on this Freewing F16 70mm?

I just finished assembling my F-16. I keep hearing people talking about high alpha landing. Although I know what it is, I don't know how to setup the model to do it and how actually fly it. Can anyone give me some clues on this topic? Thank you!

Comment

• long-love-r.c I would suggest trawling through you tube then practice a lot on a flight simulator. Keep the plane light, my 3300 6s batteries weigh 510gms, use the aftermost cg and if you can mix ailerons with flaps 6mm take off flaps 12mm landing flaps. On final approach use full flaps, slow it down enough to point the nose up( not too high ) and the plane should start to sink with a nose up attitude as you reduce power to about 1/4 throttle, you then have to use the throttle to adjust the rate of descent and keep the nose up or let it drop as appropriate with minor adjustments of throttle and elevator in combination to maintain the angle, you should then be landing on the mains with the front wheel about 3 inches in the air. Suggest do 3 dummy approaches at high level first so that you can get the high alpha angle and sink rate into your memory bank before attempting the landing. Good luck !!!

Comment

• Range tested and just needs a few adjustments to nose gear before the maiden.

Name:	PXL_20201231_185521626.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	292359

Name:	PXL_20201231_185521626.jpg
Views:	729
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	292358

Comment

• Just got the upgrade F16, and want to add nav lights. Any recommendations ?

Comment

• Aros ,
                    Good to see some peeps from the PNW on here! I recently bought the Arctic Camo 6s and am gonna be looking for some places to fly this Spring after ski season ends and I get some flights in on a sim and a trainer. I put some time into glassing and repainting the F16, so gonna take some tone before I take it out for a maiden. Would love to connect for pointers and tips! I’m located in Seattle

Cheers! OmeyDaHomey

Comment

• Yo fellow PacNW'erner! OmeyDaHomey feel free to contact me anytime! I'll be active flying again here when the weather shifts to Spring/Summer...Good luck, this is a fun jet!
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• OmeyDaHomey Did you glass it with polyurethane?

Comment

• How much weight did the glassing add?

Comment

• SanExup and Mizer67,
                            I used Deluxe Materials EZE-Kote and their carbon fiber tissue to “glass” the top of the body and tail/rudder. Used their lightweight FG cloth to do the wings and stabs.

I also did a thin layer of their Foam Armor on parts of the the underside.

Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks OmeyDaHomey It looks smooth!

Comment

• Thanks SanExup !!
                                I’ll post some more updates/pics moving forward.

🥃💥🥃!
                                OmeyDaHomey

Comment

• Looks great. Still curious about how much weight it added.

Comment

• I haven't searched this thread yet but I hope someone can make a recommendation. Here is what I just submitted to support. I have the Freewing 4s F-16 that I would like to upgrade. I currently have the 2849-2850KV (4s) outrunner motor and want to go with the 3048-2150KV (6s) upgrade but that motor is out of stock. Is there an alternative motor you can recommend? or do you have any idea when the 3048-2150 will be back in stock? It's the 70mm version.

Comment

• Slammm I don't have personal experience with it but some people have used an FMS inrunner in it. If you search Freewing F16 70mm Fms inrunner you will get hits on Rcgroups site that discuss it.

Or you could also order the Freewing from rc-castle, though you will pay for shipping.

- High Performance 70mm EDF.- Motor Already Installed In Factory.- Already Soldered With 4.0mm Gold-Plate Connector.- Suitable With Most 70mm EDF Jet In The Market.   

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                        Slammm I don't have personal experience with it but some people have used an FMS inrunner in it. If you search Freewing F16 70mm Fms inrunner you will get hits on Rcgroups site that discuss it.

Or you could also order the Freewing from rc-castle, though you will pay for shipping.

https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=7558
                                        Thanks! The 4s version feels like it going to fall out of the sky anytime!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slammm View Post

Thanks! The 4s version feels like it going to fall out of the sky anytime!
                                          you can simply change the motor to the stock sized inrunner. or any other similar sized inrunner. 28-29mm motors work in that housing. The easiest is the drop in from Freewing which is a 2956 2210kv motor. But there are others that will work as well! The Cyclone 2960 2200kv motor will work in there as well! As mentioned above the 70mm FMS unit will work well also . It may require a little bit of work to fit in but only a little bit. I have flown the Freewing F-16 with the FMS 70mm fan and it worked really well! I put together one for a fellow rc pilot at my field. Worked really well! For sure didn't fell like it was going to fall from the sky...
                                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
                                          X