X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
    Good call on the covers, Twowingtij, I appreciate you posting that.

Your flight was too good to pass up, Tony! It's easy when I can just post the video straight out of the camera from start to finish and it's all good stuff. That's a lot of fun for just a couple hundred bucks.
    Sure a bargain for a true performer! It's nice to see them learn from the 90mm shortcomings and get some performance back with this one. : )

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170130_221829.jpg
Views:	802
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	60263Click image for larger version

Name:	20170130_221821.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	60262Click image for larger version

Name:	20170130_221924.jpg
Views:	801
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	60261 I got the paint and decals done last night. I will get her re-assembled tonight, and ready for a Wednesday afternoon maiden!!

Comment

Looks great, just saw it on FB this morning.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Excellent paint job and decals. That is one of my ALL TIME favorite paint schemes on the F-16.

Comment

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
            Here's a video recorded by Alpha of one of my F-16 flights at Apollo Field in Van Nuys, CA. Nice camera work Alpha!
            Don't you just love how this thing flies??? I have a small 50mm Version at home and it is a blast to fly. Lots of power but a small battery so I only get about 3 mins of gingerly throttled flying. But this plane flies and handles the same with over 4 min flight times!! I am using a 6s 30c 4000mah pack in the plane and it is a beast!! Just need one of you guys to do video for me... here is one of my flights from the weekend...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Outstanding job Kloverzero! Looking forward to snagging one of these when they are back in stock. I can't let everyone else have all the fun. ;)
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                Outstanding job Kloverzero! Looking forward to snagging one of these when they are back in stock. I can't let everyone else have all the fun. ;)
                I had to order the 4S version. I wanted the ARF Plus as I have the inrunner 70mm fan and 130A ESC for it already. Oh well, I will just have a 4S fan and 50A ESC sitting around collecting dust!! Thanks guys, I can't wait to get this bird to the field and watch jaws drop!!:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post

I had to order the 4S version. I wanted the ARF Plus as I have the inrunner 70mm fan and 130A ESC for it already. Oh well, I will just have a 4S fan and 50A ESC sitting around collecting dust!! Thanks guys, I can't wait to get this bird to the field and watch jaws drop!!:cool:
                  130 amp ESC? That's a lot of dead weight right there...

Go with the Hobbywing 80. It's almost half the weight and VERY well built ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

130 amp ESC? That's a lot of dead weight right there...

Go with the Hobbywing 80. It's almost half the weight and VERY well built ; )
                    The inrunner 2938-2085 needs at least 100A, we recommend a 125A, I have the 130A already. I had this system in my F-104 and it was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post

The inrunner 2938-2085 needs at least 100A, we recommend a 125A, I have the 130A already. I had this system in my F-104 and it was awesome.
                      What setup are you running? Sounds pretty hardcore! (Which I like haha)

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha10 View Post

What setup are you running? Sounds pretty hardcore! (Which I like haha)
                        At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

My F-104 was getting around 110mph, the F-16 has a little more girth, but should give about the same performance. Two Admiral 40C 3700mAh, 3S in series for power.

Comment

Kloverzero, that looks sweet. Great job!

Comment

Here's a video recorded by Alpha of one of my F-16 flights at Apollo Field in Van Nuys, CA. Nice camera work Alpha!
                            Nice flight Tony. Are you using the control throws recommendations in the manual? If not, what hrows high/low and expo? Looks dialed in nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post

Nice flight Tony. Are you using the control throws recommendations in the manual? If not, what hrows high/low and expo? Looks dialed in nicely.
                              Thanks Twowingtj! I just centered the control surfaces and added 30% expo all around. I'm one of those old school dinosaurs who doesn't like to use rates or mixes. This F-16 is truly a great flying model!

Comment

HET/Wemo vs Freewing Pro
                                Hi folks,
                                I have just done some tests for the Freewing Pro setup vs. a HET 1W40 powering a 70mm wemo Pro fan in an all alloy Extreme RC housing.
                                NOTE: the Extreme alloy housing did NOT have an inlet lip so you should add 15% to its thrust figs.
                                The tests were done on my test jig and not mounted in the airframe.
                                The same Hobbywing Platinum Pro 100amp ESC was used and the same 6S 60C battery was topped up between runs

HET/1W40 3300kv
                                Peak amps 99
                                Peak watts 2217
                                Ah 0.135
                                Wh 3.0
                                Thrust 1800gms +15%= 2070gms to allow for no inlet lip

Freewing Pro setup 2300kv
                                Peak amps 75
                                Peak watts 1742
                                Ah 0.107
                                Wh 2.4
                                Thrust 2160 gms

Conclusion: Freewing have done a great job matching the fan/mtr. The HET Wemo setup is pretty close for thrust but certainly an "amp hog" compared to Freewing

So its stay with the Freewing setup for me.
                                Tezact

Comment

Thanks Twowingtj! I just centered the control surfaces and added 30% expo all around. I'm one of those old school dinosaurs who doesn't like to use rates or mixes. This F-16 is truly a great flying model!
                                  Thanks Tony. Appreciate your response. Just waiting 'till spring for turn & burn!

Comment

Ready for the maiden. Although the RAAF never bought any F16s, I have dressed this one as a RAAF bird with a "stooping" falcon on the tail. I'll post some vid when it goes after some prey. Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060472.JPG
Views:	761
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	61006
                                    Tezact

Comment

That's a really slick tail flash, tezact. Is that WBPU on the aircraft and sanded down?
                                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Yeah, I cover all my foamies in 1/2 oz fibreglass cloth and then fill with WBPU. It adds hardly any weight and helps protect against minor incidents and hangar rash. I don't bother to sand it down as I like the rough weathered effect

Comment

• Nice job...Looks great!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X