Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is my F-16N rendition. Did a number of mods to the plane and they're detailed in F-16 Mod thread in RCG.

Comment

• Very cool, clean looking... :Cool:
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• swapped out my fan today. took a closer look at the stock one and was pretty disappointed. The fan looked horrible!!! really bad molding and the quality was just bad. It had started to make funny sounds and I see why now.. The housing was the same as a Cyclone 70mm that I had left over so I put the xrp 14 blade and Dr. Madthrust 2200kv inrunner in there. Dropped right in after I did some balancing. Will test it out tomorrow. With a near dead battery the plane had more power than the 12 blade did with a fully charged pack. Test flight tomorrow....
        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Morning flights

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
            swapped out my fan today. took a closer look at the stock one and was pretty disappointed. The fan looked horrible!!! really bad molding and the quality was just bad. It had started to make funny sounds and I see why now.. The housing was the same as a Cyclone 70mm that I had left over so I put the xrp 14 blade and Dr. Madthrust 2200kv inrunner in there. Dropped right in after I did some balancing. Will test it out tomorrow. With a near dead battery the plane had more power than the 12 blade did with a fully charged pack. Test flight tomorrow....
            Wow...You have the 2300kv Pro Version? I'm pulling mine for a XRP13/HET 2w-30 combo tonight to compare.

It should be lighter and hopefully more powerful... Not to mention glass smooth with better sound!

Comment

• I swapped out the fan and am happy with the results!! XRP 14 blade rotor in a Cyclone housing which is the same dimensions as the stock Freewing fan. Take a look

I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• gooniac33, nice flights but I have to tell you I might chop off a foot to have that million mile runway and open terrain to fly at. :Drooling:
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Gooniac is the F-16 easier to tip on landing than the 70mm F-104 or are they about the same?

Comment

• I just got notified that the F-16 v2 is available again for order. I've got it on order now and can't wait to get it in the air. I've been very impressed with the plane everytime I see it fly at the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by urrl View Post
                      Gooniac is the F-16 easier to tip on landing than the 70mm F-104 or are they about the same?
                      I'd assume the F-104 is slightly easier to tip due to the shorter wing.

Comment

• Originally posted by urrl View Post
                        Gooniac is the F-16 easier to tip on landing than the 70mm F-104 or are they about the same?
                        It is super tippy!!!! I purposely let it go straight into the wind on landings because one cross wind landing and it tipped right away with barely a breeze. My buddy was flying the f-104 the same day and had a much easier time than I did....

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                          I swapped out the fan and am happy with the results!! XRP 14 blade rotor in a Cyclone housing which is the same dimensions as the stock Freewing fan. Take a look
                          Nice flights and it appears the new power setup is preforming nicely. Looks like you are getting 3.5 to 4 minute flight time. What size battery are you running?

Comment

• Originally posted by Laserdude View Post

Nice flights and it appears the new power setup is preforming nicely. Looks like you are getting 3.5 to 4 minute flight time. What size battery are you running?
                            My battery of choice is the 6s 30c 4000mah pack. I used the 40c on occasion but I like the 30c since they are lighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by tezact View Post
                              HET/Wemo vs Freewing Pro
                              Hi folks,
                              I have just done some tests for the Freewing Pro setup vs. a HET 1W40 powering a 70mm wemo Pro fan in an all alloy Extreme RC housing.
                              NOTE: the Extreme alloy housing did NOT have an inlet lip so you should add 15% to its thrust figs.
                              The tests were done on my test jig and not mounted in the airframe.
                              The same Hobbywing Platinum Pro 100amp ESC was used and the same 6S 60C battery was topped up between runs

HET/1W40 3300kv
                              Peak amps 99
                              Peak watts 2217
                              Ah 0.135
                              Wh 3.0
                              Thrust 1800gms +15%= 2070gms to allow for no inlet lip

Freewing Pro setup 2300kv
                              Peak amps 75
                              Peak watts 1742
                              Ah 0.107
                              Wh 2.4
                              Thrust 2160 gms

Conclusion: Freewing have done a great job matching the fan/mtr. The HET Wemo setup is pretty close for thrust but certainly an "amp hog" compared to Freewing

So its stay with the Freewing setup for me.
                              Tezact
                              I bought one of those SKY RC GPS loggers and recorded a top speed of 177kph (109mph) this am.
                              Not too shabby for a 70mm setup

Comment

• Nice information, texact, thanks for posting. I have found the SkyRC GPS logger to be accurate to within 2mph, which is impressive for its form factor, feature set, and price. It's a neat device and while it's on the slightly large size, it records a range of data from speed to altitude, etc. I keep forgetting how to set it, though, so if you get one, keep the instruction manual handy! I get about five hours of recording time, which is lots of data when evaluating prototype aircraft here at Motion RC Skunkworks ;)

I take it this is the device you're talking about?

SkyRC GPS Speed Meter - SK-500024 Do you find yourself wondering how fast or how high your RC aircraft can fly? Wonder no longer with SkyRC's GPS Speed Meter. The popularity of GPS devices inspired SkyRC to design this handy telemetry-driven gadget that comes in around 40g. The Speed Meter is the result of SkyRC’s ongo
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I have the 4S Falcon and it's my first edf ever. In fact I'm not putting it together so I won't be tempted trying to fly it! I've been reading here about this 70mm and more so the 90mm regarding getting the CG right and difficult handling, hard to land. I'm also hearing them getting praise, once you figured the CG!
                                  Here is my evaluation having only taxied it across the living room floor, unglued vertical bobbling. Let me know if I'm all wet. :Silly:
                                  Beautifully designed and so light, with a 3700mah. The technology blows my mind. My only experience with a foam r/c was my Midwest Attacker with a OS 45 FSR. The youngsters can google that. Very primitive by today's offerings! But it flew great!
                                  Bad handling F-16? I blame the wing wash out, or lack there of. That's one of the characteristics that has always stood out to me on the F-16 and F-15 and most modern jets, a lot of wash out.
                                  Mine has little. I've not put my incidence meter on it (I've not found where I put it years ago :Confused:) and I know it's a small wing, but I think on the full size Viper the wing tip missile has a definite nose-down attitude, but on mine they look parallel to the fuselage centerline. The wing twist is also very obvious when you see that contrail that forms off the wing tips, gives me chills!
                                  So is it possible to add washout to epo wings?

Comment

• Comment

• Just the other day I watched my buddy take the end of his warped B-17 wing tip and apply a hand held heat gun to it, reshaped it and let it cool so it was flat again. I suspect the opposite could be achieved just as easily. Apply a towel to the foam before applying heat to reduce the chance of bubbling the cells. Good luck!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hi Boots, Adding washout to the wing itself *could* be done, but having designed this aircraft, I would personally recommend that you don't. If you're after the visual appeal of the downward angled pylons, I would recommend removing and regluing the pylons at the scale angle of incidence. This would achieve the visual scale effect on the ground and when flying by to a lesser degree. With a plane this small, and moving this quickly, your eye won't perceive the "twist" in the wing itself (partly because the thickness of the foam trailing edge is greater than the total twist's change over the wingspan's distance) and you'd be changing how the model was already designed to fly. Which, by many accounts, is really nicely. 'Not that I"m biased. Ha! :D

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• This is one of the better flying jets I have. Nice speed, will fly pretty slow, and easy to land.

Comment

Working...
                                          X