Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunset sortie. This is the best performing EDF yet! Great job MotionRC and Freewing! https://youtu.be/5rL3tO1w7JA

Comment

• Here's a few pics of my Freewing V2 F-16. Thanks to callie graphics, who's 1/12 scale graphics really completed this jet. Waiting on mother nature to maiden this ship here in NorthEast NJ.

Comment

• Nice Cutter. You'll be able to see that one a cloudy day. I've heard that Spring is just around the corner, but here in NY we're not seeing any signs yet either.

Comment

• Thanks for the positive "PROPS" twowingtj!!!

Comment

• So how well does it take off on grass?

Comment

• This thing would never fly off of the grass at my field lol

It'd have to be golf course or VERY nicely manicured short grass to do it IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by hotdogx View Post
                So how well does it take off on grass?
                Welcome to Hobby Squawk hotdogx! I fly at a full scale private airport with a close cut grass runway. It's not golf coarse quality by any means. When I got mine, I was originally getting the 4S version. I had an IM conversation with Alpha and a phone conversation with Martin at Motion RC about my grass field concerns. Alpha felt that the 4S would be OK because we kept it cut pretty short. When I talked with Martin, I mentioned that our runway was a little bumpy in spots but not real bad. Martin thought that the 6S Pro with the gear upgrade would be the best choice.

The wheels are small. The nose is 1 1/2" and the mains are 2". The gear upgrade has nice balanced suspension on the mains and the nose has trailing link. Both do a good job of smoothing things out a bit. The 6S Pro definately has the power for sure. I haven't been able to maiden yet due to weather, but I feel very confident that it will be fine at my flying site. You know the conditions at your field best to determine if it will work for where you fly. It's really a great looking bird too.

Comment

• Well, I got the bird, and I got it all done up, with thanks to Callie!! Flying on the Freewing 2085kv inrunner on a pair of 3700 3S batteries, she is a rocket!! Scheme is the 2011 NATO Tiger Meet Belgian AF.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170130_221829.jpg Views:	2 Size:	66.8 KB ID:	68230Click image for larger version  Name:	20170131_202434.jpg Views:	1 Size:	61.6 KB ID:	68231Click image for larger version  Name:	20170131_203218.jpg Views:	1 Size:	29.2 KB ID:	68232Click image for larger version  Name:	20170131_202420.jpg Views:	1 Size:	65.0 KB ID:	68233

Comment

• Kloverzero,
                    Tiger graphics look really good. How in the world did you get them all precisely positioned before sticking them down? I'd be worried that I might have to re-position and the paint might pull off.

Also, Folks, thanks for the inputs on the grass T/O.

Comment

• Nice job Kloverzero. She looks great!

Comment

• [QUOTE=hotdogx;n68237]Kloverzero,
                        Tiger graphics look really good. How in the world did you get them all precisely positioned before sticking them down? I'd be worried that I might have to re-position and the paint might pull off.

From Callie's sheet, I cut each decal out right at the edge of the colored part. You then peel back about an inch of the image, and fold the bottom paper back. Keeping the exposed sticky raised, you position the entire decal how you want it, then stick the exposed half an inch. It is then a simple matter of pulling the backing off beneath the set decal, and smoothing it out as you go. Once you have all of the backing off, you remove the cover paper and it is good to go!!!!

Comment

• The best way for me is to pull the backing completely off and dust the back of the decal, and airframe with windex. Then, when you place the decal on the plane, you can slide it around until you get it in the position you want. You can then squeegee the windex out with a yellow plastic spreader wrapped in a paper towel. works every time !

Comment

• +1 scooter genie. My method as well esp on large graphics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kloverzero View Post
                              Well, I got the bird, and I got it all done up, with thanks to Callie!! Flying on the Freewing 2085kv inrunner on a pair of 3700 3S batteries, she is a rocket!! Scheme is the 2011 NATO Tiger Meet Belgian AF.
                              Well done on the Tiger Meet scheme!! I will say having mine in the ING Retro sheme with orange tail feathers and invasion stripes makes the plane easy to see and it looks good. I had no idea she could do that level of graphics for these planes. Maybe my dream of the Tigermeet Mirage 2000 isn't out of reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by swps View Post

Well done on the Tiger Meet scheme!! I will say having mine in the ING Retro sheme with orange tail feathers and invasion stripes makes the plane easy to see and it looks good. I had no idea she could do that level of graphics for these planes. Maybe my dream of the Tigermeet Mirage 2000 isn't out of reach.
                                If you can send her good quality photos, Callie can print anything. I just had her do the 65th anniversary F-15 from the Oregon ANG. Came out fantastic!! This is my Freewing 90mm Eagle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170305_201209.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.7 KB ID:	68430Click image for larger version  Name:	20170305_201216.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.2 KB ID:	68431Click image for larger version  Name:	20170305_201237.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.6 KB ID:	68432

Comment

• MERICA! That's pretty sweet man!

Comment

• Thanks Alpha10!! You guys come on out to Joe Nall Week, and see these babies in action!!

Comment

• Wow! Great looking Eagle there!

Comment

• F-15 looks fantastic Mike! I was thinking if I ever grab another 90mm F-15 that I was going to do that same livery.

Well I joined the FW F-16C 70MM V-2 party. Fashionably late. Got her today and had her put together, CG'd, throws and taxi tested all on my lunch break. Dainty girl compared to my HSD 105MM F-16 but I like the less stressful size and weight just to go up the street to the school and have some fun with her. Going to maiden after work, hopefully everything goes as planned. Will be painting her up in the WA Arctic Aggressor livery, same as my HSD version.

Click image for larger version

Name:	premaiden1.jpg
Views:	1174
Size:	612.5 KB
ID:	69707
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Sweet! Good luck! I ended up about 5mm aft of the CG and it's spot on. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X