X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
    About to throw this f16 in trash. Any suggestions? Like I said it flew great at first but now she is a dog. Won’t pull any verticals, speed is drastically reduced.
    No, don't do that, just troubleshoot. Do what c17lm mentioned above and in my experience, after installing new fan, i did a test run on it. What i found out after checking the fan unit, is that my fan rotor came loose. so make sure all is good.
    You also mentioned you have access to program ESC. Does your ESC logs RPMs? If so, you could pull logs from the esc to see what rpms you are running at.

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

I use the Dr. Madthrust 2960 2200kv motor for the 14 blade rotor. If you are using a 12 blade you could probably go a little higher KV but I am not sure you wanna do 3400kv. 2600kv may be good but not much higher...
      Thanks dude, and after posting my question, i red the whole thread. I found your posts where you talk about upgrading to your current setup.
      By the way, i have 3400kv installed right now because i am doing 4S setup. It pulls crazy Amps and battery gets warm.
      I am about to test and see what my flight time will look like.
      I have a feeling i will have to swap my 4S setup for 6S and that's because most of you guys on this forum have great success with 6s.

Comment

• Hello guys,
        impressive work that many of you have done with painting and afterburner etc. very nice.
        Im thinking to buy this F16 for myself for Christmas presents but I have some questions after I have reading a lot of pages here.
        1. Is it possible to lift from short grass?
        2. What are the problems that many of you have/had with the elevator?
        3. Are flaperones to be preferred?

Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk Swede! If you get the 6S Pro version, it will indeed fly from short grass. Getting the upgrade landing gear is recommended for grass ops as well. I have found that flaperons really help shorten the take off roll, but are not needed for landings. If you choose to use flaperons, you will have to have at least a 7 channel receiver so you can put each aileron on its own channel. She's really good flying plane. :Cool:

Comment

• Mine would not rotate from short grass....

maybe this time of year when the grass is dead,but when its green and thick good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by The swede View Post
              Hello guys,
              3. Are flaperones to be preferred?
              I use flaperones for take off and landing... works great in both cases. Plane handles different on landing though. Also, when flaperons are active, i use elevons as well to help with control. Works great, love this plane.

Comment

• Ok, thanks for all good answers. Because here in Sweden its hard to find a nice and big asphalt court :-)
                How mutch flaperons do you have for take off and landing?
                And is it mutch unstable when using flaperon when you use it for landing or take off?
                I'm getting more and more crazy about this plan, the more I look at it hehe. It was a long time since I read so much good about an airplane, with few cons.

Comment

Ok, thanks for all good answers. Because here in Sweden its hard to find a nice and big asphalt court :-)
                  How mutch flaperons do you have for take off and landing?
                  And is it mutch unstable when using flaperon when you use it for landing or take off?
                  I'm getting more and more crazy about this plan, the more I look at it hehe. It was a long time since I read so much good about an airplane, with few cons.
                  Swede, i am forced to fly on the road. Its a dead end road but still, i get traffic and wife is watching for cars. My usual flying space is elementary school, nice parking lot. The only problem is the light pols that i seems to be attracted to ;) So, that said, i will go back to school when i feel confident landing F-16. So far it's been rough due to winter, snow and more snow.

On flaps; i am not an expert but, i was told to use about 15 to 20 degrees. Be careful not to "blank out" your elevator with flaps down. 15 to 20 seem to work out pretty good for me, glides really nicely.

Flaperons on landing: it's not that the aircraft is "unstable" during landing, it's more like "not as responsive" and that's because your ailerons act as flaps. First time i noticed that on su-35... i wrecked the plane lol.
                  By the way, this f-16 handles very well with and without flaperons. I learned to fly it without and have few landings with flaperons but only when i felt comfortable landing it. I was also advised on this forum to use elevons when using flaperons, this makes aircraft more responsive during landing.

I don't know what your experience level with EDFs or RC in general but, i would recommend watching lots of videos on youtube about the model.
                  Gooniac33 has few vids on his youtube channel, pay attention how he lands. I learned a lot just by watching others land. Will save you time and effort in the long run.

Comment

• Sam CS, I have been flying Rc for ten years now, both warbirds and EDF. But never any EDF with landing gear. I have a few 70mm jet (4S) but it is belly landing on grass for those. Thats why I have all these quastons :-) Because I do not have much experience of that.
                    So I am very grateful for all good answers I got :-)
                    I always want to know as much as possible before I buy a new modell.
                    So thank you, and the rest of you for taking your time to answer

Comment

• Hi guys!

Has someone a link to that afterburner some of you use? I think, I must have one :-)
                      Thanks and happy new year!

Comment

• Does it work with this https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=4825
                        Or is it better with 64 mm?

Comment

• thercgeek.com

Chris has the centerburner available for inrunners and outrunners. Take a look, I have a handful in my EDF's!

Comment

• Thanks purduephigam!
                            I will definitely check this out)

Comment

Hi guys!

Has someone a link to that afterburner some of you use? I think, I must have one :-)
                              Thanks and happy new year!
                              I have this set up in several of my planes. My F-16 was the second one to use this. PM me fore more details...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Check this out my Dirty Diana. Been flying her and enjoying every minute of it..

Comment

• Great Flyer. Flies well loaded also. FFStabs on mine. Never flew it with the stock elevators.

Comment

• Damn, that is a lot of hate. Any in-air pics? Looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
                                      Damn, that is a lot of hate. Any in-air pics? Looks great!
                                      Hey,.. Nopey, no video or stills on this one. I typically fly alone with very few people around in close proximity. I've only had this one out a couple of times actually. The FFStabs perform well on this one. Cheers !!

Comment

• So I’m starting to do pretty aggressive high alphas with this plane and I’m noticing a pretty significant yaw to the left and wants to enter a flat spin. Any idea why this is going on? I am using an admiral 4500 all the way back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medicryan View Post
                                          So I’m starting to do pretty aggressive high alphas with this plane and I’m noticing a pretty significant yaw to the left and wants to enter a flat spin. Any idea why this is going on? I am using an admiral 4500 all the way back.
                                          Just a hair less elevator throw and if it is yawing any direction you need to check your actual rudder trim. The F-16 should just drop its nose and mush forward when it stalls. I have noticed that if it falls off to any side its usually rudder being dialed in and not realizing it. Rudder makes it roll a little as well so what I noticed I had done was used ailerons to trim it out by accident. I centered everything and then made sure to only use aileron instead of rudder. Now when it gets to slow it will just slowly drop its nose. But you also need to make sure that you don't have too much elevator throw. If you hold full up elevator the plane should slowly drop its nose until power is applied. If it slows add throttle and the nose will come back up.
                                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
                                          X