X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Just a hair less elevator throw and if it is yawing any direction you need to check your actual rudder trim. The F-16 should just drop its nose and mush forward when it stalls. I have noticed that if it falls off to any side its usually rudder being dialed in and not realizing it. Rudder makes it roll a little as well so what I noticed I had done was used ailerons to trim it out by accident. I centered everything and then made sure to only use aileron instead of rudder. Now when it gets to slow it will just slowly drop its nose. But you also need to make sure that you don't have too much elevator throw. If you hold full up elevator the plane should slowly drop its nose until power is applied. If it slows add throttle and the nose will come back up.
    I noticed the same thing on mine, but I have an A3-L gyro in her too.... When the gyro is on, that behavior (yaw) is gone.... What do you think Gooni?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

I noticed the same thing on mine, but I have an A3-L gyro in her too.... When the gyro is on, that behavior (yaw) is gone.... What do you think gooni?
      its gotta be either of both of what I mentioned. I have a lemon RX gyro in mine and it works really good. But it won't get rid of the trim stuff like the A3L will which is a better gyro all around.
      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Roger that! I guess you can call it "cheating", but I really enjoy having the A3-L or the Freewing gyro in the birds... It just makes flying more fun. I can concentrate on flying fast and low and not be correcting for wing wobble and wind and all that fun stuff we had to do back in the day!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
          Roger that! I guess you can call it "cheating", but I really enjoy having the A3-L or the Freewing gyro in the birds... It just makes flying more fun. I can concentrate on flying fast and low and not be correcting for wing wobble and wind and all that fun stuff we had to do back in the day!! :Cool:
          In no way cheating. The real ones neeeeeeed a computer to fly... no harm in you having one in a model.
          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• TRUE!!! Never thought of that, but it is very true!!! Well, I feel so much better about myself I am going to have a tequila shot, salt and lime!!! LOL:Silly::Drinks::Drinks::Drinks:

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Just a hair less elevator throw and if it is yawing any direction you need to check your actual rudder trim. The F-16 should just drop its nose and mush forward when it stalls. I have noticed that if it falls off to any side its usually rudder being dialed in and not realizing it. Rudder makes it roll a little as well so what I noticed I had done was used ailerons to trim it out by accident. I centered everything and then made sure to only use aileron instead of rudder. Now when it gets to slow it will just slowly drop its nose. But you also need to make sure that you don't have too much elevator throw. If you hold full up elevator the plane should slowly drop its nose until power is applied. If it slows add throttle and the nose will come back up.
              I’ll have to try less elevator throw. I haven’t been using the rudder at all, but maybe I need to. Or heck maybe I’m just trying to get the nose too high and I’m just exceeding its capabilities. I’ve never used gyros in anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                Great Flyer. Flies well loaded also. FFStabs on mine. Never flew it with the stock elevators.
                May I inquire on how did you convert the elevator to full flying stab? This is the main reason why I still haven't purchased a Freewing V2 F-16 yet. Did you use spare parts from another Freewing model to do the mod?

Comment

• Originally posted by Flanker271 View Post

May I inquire on how did you convert the elevator to full flying stab? This is the main reason why I still haven't purchased a Freewing V2 F-16 yet. Did you use spare parts from another Freewing model to do the mod?
                  Yes,.. Covered it here and on more thoroughly on RCGroups // Yes, used the existing Stabs, Fused the elevators and used the Pivot and Rod assemblies from another FW Jet and added Reinforcements to stiffen everything Flies Great !! Another Guy has done it also though I'm not sure he has flown his yet. I never flew mine stock. I find those tiny little Elevators on my F-16s 'Offensive' ... and on such a large and fast Jet, for me, it simply had to be done. Cheers !!

Comment

Yes,.. Covered it here and on more thoroughly on RCGroups // Yes, used the existing Stabs, Fused the elevators and used the Pivot and Rod assemblies from another FW Jet and added Reinforcements to stiffen everything Flies Great !! Another Guy has done it also though I'm not sure he has flown his yet. I never flew mine stock. I find those tiny little Elevators on my F-16s 'Offensive' ... and on such a large and fast Jet, for me, it simply had to be done. Cheers !!

Good on you! Why anyone would fly this thing with those hideous elevators is beyond me. I’ll have to find your mod.

Cheers,

Greg

Comment

• Originally posted by ggetzoff View Post

Good on you! Why anyone would fly this thing with those hideous elevators is beyond me. I’ll have to find your mod.

Cheers,

Greg
                      I find that Most Guyz don't really care about things like this. In fact, Some don't even bother to paint the Blacked-Out Servos on their stuff , Or cover their wheels and tires up under the belly !! This one comes with PressFoam hinges on everything too which makes me a bit uncomfortable !! And then there's a Guy like me who will not fly them until some of this stuff is corrected. I am just not programmed that way I guess. And I'm Ok with that. Cheers and GL if you decide to get in on this one. She's a Sweet Flyer.

Comment

I find that Most Guyz don't really care about things like this. In fact, Some don't even bother to paint the Blacked-Out Servos on their stuff , Or cover their wheels and tires up under the belly !! This one comes with PressFoam hinges on everything too which makes me a bit uncomfortable !! And then there's a Guy like me who will not fly them until some of this stuff is corrected. I am just not programmed that way I guess. And I'm Ok with that. Cheers and GL if you decide to get in on this one. She's a Sweet Flyer.
                        Bobaroo,

Thanks for the kind words.

To me, the Freewing air is a good template to start with. This is a hobby, and after 30 years of building and flying RC, this is just what it is to me: do something unique. Plus, they've already done most of the work for you.

Cheers,

Greg

Comment

Great Flyer. Flies well loaded also. FFStabs on mine. Never flew it with the stock elevators.
                          Nice job! That's how the LX F-16 full flying stabs are setup.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me if the control surface movements listed in the instructions are correct? I have set the servo linkages to what was suggested on the build video but at 100% I can just barely get the low rate movements, aileron 22mm and 19mm on the elevator. I still have room on the arms to get more through, although I doubt enough to get to the high rate. What is working for you guys?

Thanks
                            Sam

Comment

• Originally posted by Slammm View Post
                              Can anyone tell me if the control surface movements listed in the instructions are correct? I have set the servo linkages to what was suggested on the build video but at 100% I can just barely get the low rate movements, aileron 22mm and 19mm on the elevator. I still have room on the arms to get more through, although I doubt enough to get to the high rate. What is working for you guys?

Thanks
                              Sam
                              It sounds like you're trying to get too much performance out of that bird. those MM settings are fine for what the motor can produce. If you want more out of the bird, upgrade the ESC & motor. Just enjoy the flight, there's only so much a stock bird can do. climate, all kinds of considerations. Cheers!

Comment

• Hi all, need some help please. Is anyone able to please post a pic of their ‘troublefree’ receiver and satellite placement in this bird?
                                Previously when I’ve flown, the range check was ok, not 100 percent glitch free at 30m out with reduced transmitter power, but pretty darn close. I fly close by given its off a sports field anyway.

To try and improve things a bit, I moved my satellite before going out today and seem to have made things worse! At this point, when at at 45 degree angle or thereabouts from behind the aircraft, I can’t get a glitch free signal at any more than 25m........pretty frustrating. I made the hard but wise decision not to fly it this morning until I know it’s all sweet. I’d appreciate any pics of anyone using the same receiver and sat pictured to help shortcut the amount of shifting and retrying needed if possible. Transmitter voltage was fine and my other plane range checked fine. Receiver is Admiral 6ch with satellite. No gyro. Although it’s hard to see in the pic, the aerials are set up for correct polarity.
                                In regards to the satellite, one aerial shoots out to the right hand side and one is straight up in the air. Perhaps it’ll simply come down to a bit more testing out different receiver locations/trial and error?

On the plus side, we’ve had opposite problem to other parts of the globe here over the last month and a half or so with the highest temperatures seen for decades....made for some cool pics where our normally green sports field is now looking more desert like!.....and my Eflite Pitts Special 850mm got a short workout this morning instead which was fun.

Thanks for the help and suggestions all, much appreciated. Im sure I should be able to get better radio reception than what I’ve been getting.

Kurt

Click image for larger version  Name:	21F653D1-6B77-4292-B742-87D29E908156.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	94.2 KB ID:	179511

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Beetlemankurt View Post
                                  Hi all, need some help please. Is anyone able to please post a pic of their ‘troublefree’ receiver and satellite placement in this bird?
                                  Previously when I’ve flown, the range check was ok, not 100 percent glitch free at 30m out with reduced transmitter power, but pretty darn close. I fly close by given its off a sports field anyway.

To try and improve things a bit, I moved my satellite before going out today and seem to have made things worse! At this point, when at at 45 degree angle or thereabouts from behind the aircraft, I can’t get a glitch free signal at any more than 25m........pretty frustrating. I made the hard but wise decision not to fly it this morning until I know it’s all sweet. I’d appreciate any pics of anyone using the same receiver and sat pictured to help shortcut the amount of shifting and retrying needed if possible. Transmitter voltage was fine and my other plane range checked fine. Receiver is Admiral 6ch with satellite. No gyro. Although it’s hard to see in the pic, the aerials are set up for correct polarity.
                                  In regards to the satellite, one aerial shoots out to the right hand side and one is straight up in the air. Perhaps it’ll simply come down to a bit more testing out different receiver locations/trial and error?

On the plus side, we’ve had opposite problem to other parts of the globe here over the last month and a half or so with the highest temperatures seen for decades....made for some cool pics where our normally green sports field is now looking more desert like!.....and my Eflite Pitts Special 850mm got a short workout this morning instead which was fun.

Thanks for the help and suggestions all, much appreciated. Im sure I should be able to get better radio reception than what I’ve been getting.

Kurt

Click image for larger version Name:	21F653D1-6B77-4292-B742-87D29E908156.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	94.2 KB ID:	179511

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190216_124657.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	179528 only I use diversity sats, so it gives me 3 antennas
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks Rcjunkey, much appreciated. I’ll swap my set up around to replicate how you’ve got it and hopefully this will resolve the issues.....itching to fly this bird again.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Beetlemankurt View Post
                                      Thanks Rcjunkey, much appreciated. I’ll swap my set up around to replicate how you’ve got it and hopefully this will resolve the issues.....itching to fly this bird again.....
                                      set-ups are basically identical except for just a few millimeters of space I would look into that receiver being weak.
                                      with power down range check I can get way past the minimum range.

Comment

Boba, can elaborate on your elevator mod a little please?
                                        What freewing model did you use the parts from and you mentioned there is a forum on this mod somewhere... is that right? Mind throwing down a link please?

Sam

Comment

• Yeah,.. I used FW F-5 80mm FFStab Pivot assemblies for mine. Other Guys have done similar stuff with the FW F/A-18E 64mm Pivots. Here's a link to that forum. Lotta good stuff over there as well. GL

Comment

Working...
                                          X