Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whilst I was patiently awaiting the FlightReports from a few Fellow RCGroupies, I used the time to apply the 'Corrected' Graphics to the Refueling Receptacle on the FW F-16C. Hand painted and Decal'd. FreeWing decided to simply use the same Decal for both the 90mm and 70mm F-16. In my opinion, this was a Gross application of Laziness or a Terrible case of Inattention on their part. It's all better now !!...and, I'm Over it ! Hahahaha.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190222_213208.jpg
Views:	1688
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	180877Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190222_213208_1.jpg
Views:	1712
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	180878Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190222_213306.jpg
Views:	1763
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	180879Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190222_214938.jpg
Views:	1686
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	180880

Comment

• That outta do it ! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190223_104918.jpg
Views:	1726
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	180935

Comment

• You can run flaperons from a 6 channel radio.

Left aileron in the aileron port, and the right aileron in the #6 port (generally flaps)

Select Flaperons in wing configuration.

Thats how all 5 of my F-16s are set up. 70 and 90mm

Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
        Welcome to Hobby Squawk Swede! If you get the 6S Pro version, it will indeed fly from short grass. Getting the upgrade landing gear is recommended for grass ops as well. I have found that flaperons really help shorten the take off roll, but are not needed for landings. If you choose to use flaperons, you will have to have at least a 7 channel receiver so you can put each aileron on its own channel. She's really good flying plane. :Cool:

Comment

• I just put this jet together and was wondering if anyone has ran 2 3s batteries in the is plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Yes,.. Covered it here and on more thoroughly on RCGroups // Yes, used the existing Stabs, Fused the elevators and used the Pivot and Rod assemblies from another FW Jet and added Reinforcements to stiffen everything Flies Great !! Another Guy has done it also though I'm not sure he has flown his yet. I never flew mine stock. I find those tiny little Elevators on my F-16s 'Offensive' ... and on such a large and fast Jet, for me, it simply had to be done. Cheers !!
            You say that you covered it here and more thoroughly on RC Groups. Please give me specific directions of where/how to find these. Like post numbers/page and link to RC Groups.
            Thank you.

Comment

•  

Comment

• VeryNice !! Smooth and Precise flying. Interesting also how much FLex those wings and Fixed portions of the Horizontal Stabs are exhibiting during your maneuvers !! 'GoodStuff' Cheers

Comment

• Thanks much! This mornings flight:

Comment

• Has anyone compared the performance of the inrunner version to one with a xrp 13 blade fan? And or a eflite f16. Is the performance comparable?

Comment

•  

Comment

• Dang it I need to get another one...This is a great 70mm jet.
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Morning flight

Comment

• I'm a bit confused as to how to measure the control surface throws. The manual says high rate aileron is 34mm. Where I'm confused though is whether or not that is only one direction of the throw? If so, that's full blown flap territory and I can't even get the full 34mm in one direction. So my thinking is this measurement is full up to full down, so more like 17mm per direction. Is my thinking correct?

Comment

• So the common thought on these is still positive? Looks like a very smooth and predictable flyer. Lands a bit hot without flaps but that's ok. Are most going to the suspension gear or keeping the stock gear? Haven't read this entire thread yet so please excuse my cherry picking answers :D

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
                                You can run flaperons from a 6 channel radio.

Left aileron in the aileron port, and the right aileron in the #6 port (generally flaps)

Select Flaperons in wing configuration.

Thats how all 5 of my F-16s are set up. 70 and 90mm

have you tried flaperons on this one?

Comment

•  

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post
                                    Yeah,.. I used FW F-5 80mm FFStab Pivot assemblies for mine. Other Guys have done similar stuff with the FW F/A-18E 64mm Pivots. Here's a link to that forum. Lotta good stuff over there as well. GL

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...wing-70mm-f-16
                                    Thanks dude for helping me get the right parts for the stabilizer. I was also looking at 90mm F-16 part set. Might be a little too big though.

I finished several mods
                                    Converted to 80mm 6s
                                    Horizontal Stabilizer (i took a bunch of pictures and short videos during the process to make a quick tutorial on it)
                                    Also did an FPV mod with Head Tracking.
                                    Dry weight: 1630g
                                    Sadly, thrust measured at 1716g

I love how it handles, its a rocket ship for sure. First few flights i got about 6 minutes on 4500 Admiral and about 8min on 5000. I was just cruising around, nothing special. I am sure it's a bit heavy compare to stock 70mm but, with full flaps it comes down nicely, i like it. Landing gear "upgraded" still suck. i got tired of gluing the plastic cover as i have to remove it to tweak the struts.. no more plastic covers lol. I thought about a landing gear mod but you know, maybe i should learn how to properly land the plane ;)
                                    To make the mold of rear section i used epoxy and some scrap wood. I did that before i butchered stabilizers and the fuse. Took about a week between family and work but, it was worth it. After molding was done, working on the stabs was easy and i wasn't worried about screwing around with proper angles and placement of the stabilizers. I also solidified elevator in-place by using a bit of epoxy. Those were brand new and i haven't broke the "factory seal" or i haven't flexed them. Worked out pretty good.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• FreeWing F-16 v2 70mm Converted to 80mm

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam CS View Post
                                        FreeWing F-16 v2 70mm Converted to 80mm
                                        i don't think that swapping out the stock fan for the 80mm metal housing 12 blade fan is worth the effort. I do however completely agree with using the 9 blade which I see you did. I had been wondering how it would work in the F-16 airframe and now see that you have done it. It looks to fly pretty good! Good job on the upgrade!
                                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam CS View Post
                                          FreeWing F-16 v2 70mm Converted to 80mm
                                          Very NiceWork !!! Glad I could contribute in some small way. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                          X