X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCPilotguy View Post
    Greetings everyone.... Just picked up the Freewing F-16. Not sure which version. How do I tell which one I have (4S or 6S). It came with the upgraded landing gear so i will be putting those on. Thanks in advance. John
    The giveaway will be the ESC. What size is it? Then go to MotionRC and look up all the various F-16s and find the one with the size of ESC yours has. Now look at the rest of the specs to see what battery it uses. The other thing to look for is the kv of the motor but you'd have to take it apart to see the markings on the side of the motor. When you say "picked up", didn't it come with a manual or the original box?

Comment

• Sorry I meant to add it's the 70mm version. I acquired it second hand. It's been assembled but never flown. It came with a manual but the manual has all three variations in it. No box. I will see if I can locate any markings on the ESC or the motor. Thanks!!

Comment

Sorry I meant to add it's the 70mm version. I acquired it second hand. It's been assembled but never flown. It came with a manual but the manual has all three variations in it. No box. I will see if I can locate any markings on the ESC or the motor. Thanks!!
        I assumed it was the "70mm" version since this is the 70mm V-16 thread. Whether it's the 4s or 6s version, your ESC and motor will tell.

Comment

• It is the 6S version...Woo Hoo!!!

But why did they cut off the cover of the ESC???

Now to find a battery....What is everyone using?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6052.jpg
Views:	1122
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	257225Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6057.jpg
Views:	1070
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	257226Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6053.jpg
Views:	1038
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	257228
          Attached Files

Comment

• Hello to everyone...How many expo you use with Spektrum on the ailerons ? Thanks

Comment

• On high rate 40%

Comment

• Originally posted by Necroscope View Post
                On high rate 40%
                ok thanks actually i use 30%...Because mine wich a fly with a 4000 mah almost all the way back and still bit nose heavy, as i use aileron it is not very steady if i go left i have to correct a bit to the right not staying in position on turns...

Comment

• I maidened my F-16 yesterday, what a great bit of kit.

I fly with a Turnigy 3300 6S pack balanced at 90mm. It has an AR636 RX running the E-Flite 70mm F-16 map.

Takes off from grass easily, does high alpha easily, has a great turn of speed. I need to drop the gain on the gyro slightly as there is some oscillation.

All in all, very happy. She looks great in the air and sounds awesome!

Comment

It is the 6S version...Woo Hoo!!!

But why did they cut off the cover of the ESC???

Now to find a battery....What is everyone using?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6052.jpg
Views:	1122
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	257225Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6057.jpg
Views:	1070
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	257226Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6053.jpg
Views:	1038
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	257228
                    Hi RCPilotguy, the cover of the ESC is sometimes cut out because of heat. That is what I was told from MRC, had the same with my MiG21 and F-5 Tiger. So no need to worry!

Comment

• Hi all can I get away with putting 3060 1900 kv motor in this jet? The motor came out of an fms yak 130

Comment

• Proud to say I just got mine this last week and I am nearly ready for her maiden flight. I spent the extra money and got the "pro" version to cut down on what I would need to do to boost its performance. And went so far as to buy the upgraded retractable landing gear, making steering on grass much easier as I heard it. Will post a pic when finished and details as to how she flew after her the 1st flight.

-Matt

Comment

• The stock outrunner in the FW is 3048 2150. If it is mountable you are going to a motor with more than 10% less kV. Why?

Originally posted by 13dyna View Post
                          Hi all can I get away with putting 3060 1900 kv motor in this jet? The motor came out of an fms yak 130

Comment

• I'm 80% sold on spending more and going with the 90mm F4 phantom (Im sure some of you will have seen me posting recently on those threads).

However - I'm just assessing all options - this really isn't a grass flier is it? Fairly well kept grass where I fly. And 4500mah 6S look a bit big?

Comment

• 3D printable spare parts available on my cults3d page:

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game...16-ventral-fin
                              https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game...-16-pitot-tube

Comment

• I tried grass ops from a newly cut, damp runway. Only able to takeoff once, wonder why...

Comment

• Is there any flaperon elevator mixing?

Comment

• Have not tried that yet. It was a little bit on the extreme side when the photo was taken. Have flown approx ten flights on that field, it worked later when it had dried up

Comment

• Has anybody tried putting brakes on this thing. All my landings seem to roll off the edge of our 300 foot runway.
                                      Here is a video of the maiden. F-16 starts at the 2:00 minute mark.

This is John's maiden flights of his Corsair and F16.

Comment

• RCPilotguy It "appears" you're coming in fairly hot for starters. Your touchdown seems closer to mid-runway than just beyond the threshold. You might try extending your downwind leg and when on final don't be afraid to dead stick to drop altitude momentarily (once you clear the tree line of course) and then give just enough power to keep her above stall speed with a gentle nose high attitude. This should allow for slower landings closer to the threshold. Just my thoughts.
                                        My YouTube RC videos:
                                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Yeah that was the maiden flight. I tend to come in a little hotter on those....Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X