X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

you can simply change the motor to the stock sized inrunner. or any other similar sized inrunner. 28-29mm motors work in that housing. The easiest is the drop in from Freewing which is a 2956 2210kv motor. But there are others that will work as well! The Cyclone 2960 2200kv motor will work in there as well! As mentioned above the 70mm FMS unit will work well also . It may require a little bit of work to fit in but only a little bit. I have flown the Freewing F-16 with the FMS 70mm fan and it worked really well! I put together one for a fellow rc pilot at my field. Worked really well! For sure didn't fell like it was going to fall from the sky...
    Awesome and fast help, Thanks gentleman,,, I ordered the Freewing 2957 2210Kv motor, Freewing 80 amp ESC and a couple of 6s 3300 mAh lipos, might kick it up 4000 mAh later. I am a bit older so the eyes don't work so great, I think I have two or three flights (slow 4s) and it sure would be easy to loose orientation so I found the Texas ANG F-16 Wears Retro Thunderbolt Warpaint (yellow highlights) I like, so get out the rattle cans and see what I can do.

I was also able to setup flaperons really easy on my DX8 and moving wires around on the receiver. Hoping for some high alpha landings but I'll need to test the flaperons at, at least three mistakes high first.

Been drooling over the Freewing F-4D Phantom II 90mm camo. Any thoughts on this bird?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slammm View Post

Awesome and fast help, Thanks gentleman,,, I ordered the Freewing 2957 2210Kv motor, Freewing 80 amp ESC and a couple of 6s 3300 mAh lipos, might kick it up 4000 mAh later. I am a bit older so the eyes don't work so great, I think I have two or three flights (slow 4s) and it sure would be easy to loose orientation so I found the Texas ANG F-16 Wears Retro Thunderbolt Warpaint (yellow highlights) I like, so get out the rattle cans and see what I can do.

I was also able to setup flaperons really easy on my DX8 and moving wires around on the receiver. Hoping for some high alpha landings but I'll need to test the flaperons at, at least three mistakes high first.

Been drooling over the Freewing F-4D Phantom II 90mm camo. Any thoughts on this bird?

good deal! Now once you get it assembled be sure to check out this playlist. It shows how I have balanced my fans. Its not the only way but for sure one of the easiest...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

good deal! Now once you get it assembled be sure to check out this playlist. It shows how I have balanced my fans. Its not the only way but for sure one of the easiest...

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...KclONM6sKKCSO0
        Nice! I understand that an out of balance fan will rob power but balancing was a mystery, looks easy enough and worth the time and effort.

Comment

• Flicker LED afterburner for F16 - I just finished this up for my F16. Love how it flickers and looks like the afterburner is firing up. No radio programming required. Plug and play. $45.

Check them out - fiftytwoeightyrc.com - lots of info on the site.

Comment

• The plastic cover that covers up the wires in the duct has falling off. My first attempt ton glue it back did it not work out so well. I was doing some run ups of the motor and saw that the fan was pulling down the front of the plastic. I am going to try again.

has anyone had luck getting this fixed? Has anyone just removed it and flown with out it?

Comment

• Hello,

just got the V2 version, 6S PRO version.
              i do am concerned about the foam hinges. Is there anybody who had bad memories about them?
              Anybody upgraded hij F16 to conventional hinges? Any pics?

Thanks for sharing,

Eric

Comment

• I flipped the plane over and started with the elevator marked I marked with a sharpie where I wanted to put pin hinges. I then used a fresh blade and cut the foam hinges down the center. Using my marked areas as a guide I made small howls along the seem that made up the foam hinge.

I glued one half of the pin hinges in the control surface and allowed it to set a bit before moving on. After it set a put a bead of foam tac glue on the seem that was the oldest foam hinge. The glued the other end of the pin hinge into the horizontal stab. The foam tac makes a nice clean gap free hinge to reinforce the pin hinges.

I repeated the process for the rudder and ailerons

Comment

• I did not take any pictures during the process. However I found this video of a guy adding a rudder to the flightline p51 850mm. It is kind of like what I did for the pin hinges. The cutting starts after the 3:30 mark.

Comment

• Can someone give me some tips on how to apply the decals that come with the model? Is the clear film on top supposed to be a transfer sheet?

Comment

• What I did was place the sticker on the model and then slowly peal back on the plastic film. The stickers tend to want to stick to clear plastic so you want to try and keep them held down with the end of something such as a popsicle stick.

After applied I like to hit the edge with some clear nail polish to hopefully keep them from peeling off.

Comment

• 5280 RC's flicker afterburner is the best I have used! It shipped in less then a day and was super easy to install. I'm going to order 2 more for my other jets! I have friends that have waited over 2 months for other products. I highly recommended checking them out.

Comment

• Originally posted by powerss800 View Post
                          5280 RC's flicker afterburner is the best I have used! It shipped in less then a day and was super easy to install. I'm going to order 2 more for my other jets! I have friends that have waited over 2 months for other products. I highly recommended checking them out.
                          Price isn't $45 as posted above. It's $60.

Comment

• Afterburner increa$e$ the rate of climb.

Comment

• I'm loving mine. Repainted the tail in honor of our Tacos. But I still had a hell of a time seeing it, so she's getting invasion stripes.

I also added an airspeed sensor and telemetry pitot tube in the nose. She's quick. I once logged 15,161 mph. Beat that Horizon!
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210501_084358_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	66.1 KB ID:	311185

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                                I also added an airspeed sensor and telemetry pitot tube in the nose. She's quick. I once logged 15,161 mph. Beat that Horizon!
                                15,161 mph?!?! You must be using new LiPos.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post

15,161 mph?!?! You must be using new LiPos.
                                  Yeah, I wish. It still amuses me no end when guys log inpressive speeds, an I show them my telemetry history. The freewing F22 so far is the speediest bird at our field. We saw it it 150mph one day using that gpS widget motion sells.

My goofball reading happens every now and then. I may have a crimp in the tube running from the pitot to the sensor. Real airspeed max is 110 to 115 going all out. Usual just cruising around is 85-90mph.

Excellent plane, just wish the low observable grey wasn't quite so low observable.

Comment

• One of the anomalies of Brexit here in the uk is the £12 admin fee charged by FEDEX to collect VAT tax on behalf of HMRC. Taking off with the F16 last week the motor cut at about 10ft in the air, no room to turn, the river looms ahead, nose dived into the grass back just before the river otherwise she would have sailed off into the sunset. Crushed the front, lost the nose, broke the canopy. Cost of new nose, canopy top (clear plastic broken ) £13.99p including vat, postage £5, Fedex fee £12 for them to pay £2.32p tax to HMRC. total £31.00p. I decided the take an alternative route costing about £2.50p in balsa. The nose went in the hot water bucket, I reached for the Gorilla glue and lightweight filler, some scrap balsa and foam bits and I have now almost finished the repair, probably faster than it would have taken to get it all sorted via Fedex. Just need to test out the electrical circuit to find out where the loose connection was as the motor sparked into life when I picked the fuselage off the ground !!!.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210501_083521[1].jpg
Views:	577
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	312123Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210501_083350[1].jpg
Views:	573
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	312125

Name:	IMG_20210506_101525[1].jpg
Views:	559
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	312124Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210509_175159[1].jpg
Views:	571
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	312126

Name:	IMG_20210509_180230[2].jpg
Views:	566
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	312127

Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

Yeah, I wish. It still amuses me no end when guys log inpressive speeds, an I show them my telemetry history. The freewing F22 so far is the speediest bird at our field. We saw it it 150mph one day using that gpS widget motion sells.

My goofball reading happens every now and then. I may have a crimp in the tube running from the pitot to the sensor. Real airspeed max is 110 to 115 going all out. Usual just cruising around is 85-90mph.

Excellent plane, just wish the low observable grey wasn't quite so low observable.
                                      Which size F22 and what are they running in it?

Comment

• Excellent work Paul!

Comment

• Originally posted by StratoJoe View Post

Which size F22 and what are they running in it?
                                          The 90mm. I'm pretty sure it is stock.

Comment

Working...
                                          X