Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s pretty impressive. That’s got to be a sight to see.

Comment

• Just shows how you can get GPS to read whatever you want...

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
        Excellent work Paul!
        Needs must when the devil drives

Comment

• Hi all, I just got my V2 HP today and am planning on putting my Ar636 on it. However, I don't know how I can upload the model onto the receiver from the IOS app.
          For some reason, I never got a hang of using the IOS app interface for the Ar636. If you could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Also what other recommendations do you guys have on setup? Flaperons? by pass the blue box and go directly to Ar636?
          Any reason to keep the bluebox?

Comment

• Yes flaperons, you'll need Y's and extensions to go direct, no reason not to.

Comment

• I have flaperons, and I notice a bit of adverse yaw when the "flaps" are down so I have a small amount of aileron -> rudder mix to correct for that. The mix is only active when flaps are down.

Comment

• Are you guys using two flap positions? Any chance you remember the millimeters off nuetral you've settled on?

Flap deflection I meant. I'm on a long work stretch, 30 days straight. I think I've hit a wall.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                  Are you guys using two flap positions? Any chance you remember the millimeters off nuetral you've settled on?

Flap deflection I meant. I'm on a long work stretch, 30 days straight. I think I've hit a wall.
                  6mm take off 12mm landing flaps for me

Comment

• You are talking flaperons right?

Comment

• I am happy to see a few flap questions as I am working on my flaperons.
                      I need to check my flap positions and see what I am getting for deflections as I have been using angles instead mm. I also use some up elevator as it cause some nose down.

I think I might also add in some ailerons to rudder mix as recommended.

Comment

• Thanks guys! Yes, flaperons. I'll play with adding elevator.

Comment

• I finally got mine out of storage and will be getting it cleaned up and ready for a new fan unit, get it primered and then make it the VFC-13 Top Gun bird with the Callie Graphics stuff I have had here forever!!
                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I

Comment

• It has good sized wheels so it'll be okay. I remember you waffling on other airplane decisions too...

Comment

• What is the largest size 6S one can fit into the Arctic Camo high performance version?

Comment

• Originally posted by derrickt View Post
                                  What is the largest size 6S one can fit into the Arctic Camo high performance version?
                                  Different battery makes, different sizes. Different c rating different sizes. Too heavy bad cg. Light is faster over shorter time. Decide how you want to fly, measure the battery bay then shop around. I find 3300mah 6s 35c ok for 3.5 to 4 mins. I doubt anything over 4000mah will fit . Never been keen on flying bricks, saw someone towing a brick along the ground at a kite flying competition. He did not win

Comment

• I use between 3500 and 5200. I have Power Hobby 5000 100C that weigh 575g and work well. I do fly off pavement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                      I use between 3500 and 5200. I have Power Hobby 5000 100C that weigh 575g and work well. I do fly off pavement.
                                      That power hobby 5000 is pretty light for a 5000, my 5000s are around 800gms. Looks like I will have to see if I can get a 4000 around 500gms which is what my current 3300s weigh. ..Just checked Power hobby, not available in uk, would cost around £200 with import duties etc so I will have to pass on that one Evan.

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

Different battery makes, different sizes. Different c rating different sizes. Too heavy bad cg. Light is faster over shorter time. Decide how you want to fly, measure the battery bay then shop around. I find 3300mah 6s 35c ok for 3.5 to 4 mins. I doubt anything over 4000mah will fit . Never been keen on flying bricks, saw someone towing a brick along the ground at a kite flying competition. He did not win
                                        I can fit a 4500, but it flies better on a lighter 4000.

I find there's a diminishing return in putting bigger packs - you need more throttle to haul the extra weight through maneuvers so you don't get as much extra flying time as you might expect, along with the "flying brick" effect..

Comment

• I don’t know your sources but I also like coddar various sources, not too expensive and relatively light weight. I did buy a lot of Hobby Star but they changed. Heavier and more expensive for the same pack compared to earlier ones.

I like to use lighter weight packs with typically more capacity buy lower actual C. And I like to buy inexpensive and high quantities.

Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post

That power hobby 5000 is pretty light for a 5000, my 5000s are around 800gms. Looks like I will have to see if I can get a 4000 around 500gms which is what my current 3300s weigh. ..Just checked Power hobby, not available in uk, would cost around £200 with import duties etc so I will have to pass on that one Evan.

Comment

Working...
                                          X