Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 70mm F-16C Falcon V2 Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing 70mm F-16C Falcon V2 Thread

This is the official message thread for the new version 2 Freewing 70mm F-16. Please post your photos, videos, flight reviews, and any questions you have about this new airplane.

It's official, the Freewing 70mm F-16 V2 is on its way and expected to arrive in mid/late December! We kept quiet on this for while we prepared the videos and made absolutely certain the containers were close to delivery.

The F-16C “Fighting Falcon” is a single-engine multirole fighter aircraft originally developed for the United States Air Force (USAF). Designed as an air superiority day fighter, the aircraft evolved into a successful all-weather multirole platform. The F-16C features an internal M61 Vulcan cannon and multiple locations for mounting weapons and other mission equipment. Operating in nearly 30 countries to this day, the F-16 has distinguished its place in aviation history.

Freewing has modeled this brilliant aircraft in EPO foam with a 70mm electric ducted fan (EDF) power system. With a 1306mm length and 878mm wingspan, this 1/12 scale flying replica including many exciting features! An accurate scale outline with sharp surface details and panel lines make this model stand out at your airfield. Removable main wings and a magnetic nose cone make transport very convenient. The cockpit battery bay cover is secured with a sliding latch to prevent separation during flight, and the entire aircraft is reinforced with strategic placement of carbon tubes to withstand vigorous flying maneuvers. A control board helps to consolidate all the wiring for a clean battery bay. For pilots who want an extra “scale” touch, an optional ordnance set is sold separately, containing two AIM-9 Sidewinders and two AIM-7 Sparrow missiles.

The Freewing 70mm F-16C V2 features electric retractable landing gear for lower drag and better scale appearance during flight. This versatile jet is offered in two different powerplant options: 4s Standard, and 6s Professional. These power systems achieve a maximum speed of 78mph and 103mph, respectively. The aircraft is designed for stability, strong vertical climbing performance, and short takeoff distance. The aircraft can also maintain a high alpha of 30 degrees to demonstrate its superior low speed stability. The 4s Standard version is suitable for beginning intermediate pilots and above skill levels. We recommend the 6s Pro version for skilled intermediate or advanced pilots with experience flying at least two EDFs.

We are proud to feature this exciting aircraft in the modern three tone gray US Air Force base colors, and three decal sets are included inside the box for you to choose from to customize your model from various actual Air Force squadrons. Visit www.callie-graphics.com to purchase other optional decal sets for this model.

Click here to see more about the 4s Standard version:

Freewing 4S-Standard F-16 Falcon 70mm V2 EDF Jet - (Plug-N-Play) - PNP - FJ21113P The F-16C “Fighting Falcon” is a single-engine multirole fighter aircraft originally developed for the United States Air Force (USAF). Designed as an air superiority day fighter, the aircraft evolved into a successful all-weather multirol

Click here to see more about the 6s Pro version:

At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Check out the flight video by Captain Mike and Pilot Ryan showcasing the 6s Pro version in action:

The Freewing 70mm F-16C V2 features electric retractable landing gear for lower drag and better scale appearance during flight. This versatile jet is offered...

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Stoked to get one and rip up the sky! :)

Comment

Yeah we can't let Ryan have all the fun! This is more than just a V2 of the older Freewing F-16. We gave it a complete makeover in terms of its proportions, outline, and stand-off scale effect, in addition to the 12B fan, retracts, and different power systems. This thing is a ripper, too. 100mph on 6s. Beware those narrow landing gear, though, guys. This is my newest Chop And Drop flyer... float it in for landing nice and slow and let the power bleed off before turning.

Comment

This is AWESOME! However, your weapon package info is wrong. Those are HARMs, not Sidewinders.

Comment

The horizontal flying stab was removed and replaced with an elevator. The flying stab has been working well on FW jets all the way back to it's inception with the A-6. Modeling the real when it works makes good sense. Curious as to the rationale on that design change.
            Also see that the thrust vectoring was removed too. I personally think that was a good design change decision because of it being gimmicky and can't believe that TV is supported by the majority. Thrust vectoring should really be on the birds that really had it like the F-22 and SU-35 for example.
            Also, any plans down the road for a V3 update of the F/A-18 without Thrust Vectoring? The TV is the sole reason I won't buy it and it could possibly knock the price point back by $50 also. Look forward to your comments and insight Alpha.
            Best regards,
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
              Also, any plans down the road for a V3 update of the F/A-18 without Thrust Vectoring? The TV is the sole reason I won't buy it and it could possibly knock the price point back by $50 also. Look forward to your comments and insight Alpha.
              Best regards,
              I've been hoping for that too for a long time and even if it's some time away, I'd still like for it to happen but sooner than later. I personally can't stand the look of the current F-18 90mm EDF jet they have now. I'm hoping they had a sale to flush them out and never get them again....just so they can design a new one. LOL

Comment

I have a bunch of 6s 3300 lipos. Will they work in the pro version?

Comment

Anyone know if the 4S would be comparable to the FW F-18/F-22? I will be removing the gear and hand launching. I have the Rochobby F-16 and the quality just isnt up to par with the FW jets I have.

Comment

Ks.jetflyer, you should be able to CG with your 6s 3000. I tested 6s 2650 up to 6s 4000. The 6s 4000 is the largest battery that can still hit the CG balance point. The smaller battery is pushed forward.

Ekibiogami, the 4s setup, especially if you remove gear and the lower fins and hand launch, will actually be a recognizably more powerful than the Freewing 64mm F-18 and 64mm F-22 4s jets. The F-16 uses a 12 blade impeller and larger 70mm EDF so you'll have more thrust and more of a "whoosh" sound. I love my Freewing 64mm F-18 but this 70mm F-16 can fly circles around it.

Comment

Pre-Order is up! Our container of Freewing 70mm F-16 V2 PNPs, in both 4s and 6s setups, is anticipated to arrive in just over a week. Reserve yours now before the holidays at the links below:

4s Power:
                      Freewing 4S-Standard F-16 Falcon 70mm V2 EDF Jet - (Plug-N-Play) - PNP - FJ21113P The F-16C “Fighting Falcon” is a single-engine multirole fighter aircraft originally developed for the United States Air Force (USAF). Designed as an air superiority day fighter, the aircraft evolved into a successful all-weather multirol

6s Power:
                      At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                        Ks.jetflyer, you should be able to CG with your 6s 3000. I tested 6s 2650 up to 6s 4000. The 6s 4000 is the largest battery that can still hit the CG balance point. The smaller battery is pushed forward.

Ekibiogami, the 4s setup, especially if you remove gear and the lower fins and hand launch, will actually be a recognizably more powerful than the Freewing 64mm F-18 and 64mm F-22 4s jets. The F-16 uses a 12 blade impeller and larger 70mm EDF so you'll have more thrust and more of a "whoosh" sound. I love my Freewing 64mm F-18 but this 70mm F-16 can fly circles around it.
                        Thanks for the quick response. Not sure if I can throw enough money at my screen at this point for all the juicy EDFs coming. This will be my next bird. I forgot about the amount of thrust you lose on a bifurcated exhaust on the 18 and 22. Sounds fun.

Comment

Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                          Stoked to get one and rip up the sky! :)
                          I think you'll really like it Tony! We call it a V2 but it's brand new all around. These new 70mm edfs are a world apart from their early predecessors.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, have my pre-order in.

Comment

oh man...I cant I cant I cant... maybe a New Years gift for myself lol
                              www.TSHobbies.com
                              Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Has MRC considered accepting reverse mortgages? You guys are killing me, I thought I was down to one on my wish list ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

I think you'll really like it Tony! We call it a V2 but it's brand new all around. These new 70mm edfs are a world apart from their early predecessors.
                                  I'm glad you pointed that out. This "V2" is in fact an entirely new mold with new components everywhere. New foam, new retracts, new servos, new layout, new scale outline, new construction, etc. We had to add "V2" otherwise we'd have four Freewing 70mm F-16 PNPs, two of which were the same mold, and across which there were three color schemes, and two battery size ranges. Ha!

I tend to think of the "V1" and "V2" as separate almost entirely. I'll own both eventually.

Comment

any chance of this one being done in Tbird scheme?
                                    www.TSHobbies.com
                                    Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

Great news Ryan! Flight vid looks impressive. Looking forward to getting her in the wind. :)

Comment

Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                                        any chance of this one being done in Tbird scheme?
                                        Hi TSHobbies, we're starting out with the gray for now, since it allows us to stay diverse and showcase other squadrons that we haven't depicted yet in our lineup. Whether customers, family of, or friends of, many of our liveries connect to people who are connected to Motion RC. The Thunderbird scheme is available in the 90mm F-16 as you know, so with the 70mm F-16 we chose to introduce new unit markings.

Not to be left out, we also worked with Callie at www.Callie-Graphics.com to create a wider range of decal options if pilots want to model an aircraft other than the three decal sets included in the PNP box. She's gradually adding more to her website, linked below. The Thunderbird decals are on the final list she sent me, so I'd imagine she'll list those on her website soon.

http://callie-graphics.com/search.ph...&submit=Search

I plan to depict the 64th Aggressor Squadron scheme with mine! Callie's decals will finish it off nicely.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X