X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
    For a T-bird? I was going for a scale look. But after research, it looks like the electric smoke models are just not great currently. I'll have to hold off on this for now. Went ahead and grabbed the high performance 70mm F16!
    I like my F16 handles like a flying wing but faster.

Comment

• Here is my repaint of my F-16. Decals are from Callie Graphics. This version represents one of the Aggressors based at Nellis AFB, NV. This was originally a 6S setup but it wasn't as peppy as I had hoped. I purchased the 8S version of the F-4 and swapped the power plants. This thing is a blast to fly now as an 8S! I'm happy with the F-4 as a 6S too, so it was a good move in my mind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Duniec FW F-16C 90mm.jpg
Views:	1575
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	156717

Comment

• That looks top notch! You know how I feel about all your repaints, Vduniec. This is another homerun in my book.

It sounds like you executed the perfect lateral move, too, in swapping the F-16 to 8s and the F-4 to 6s. Those are my optimal setups for these two aircraft given their differences.
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
          For a T-bird? I was going for a scale look. But after research, it looks like the electric smoke models are just not great currently. I'll have to hold off on this for now. Went ahead and grabbed the high performance 70mm F16!
          YOUR JET IS AWESOME

Comment

• I just bought a TB ARF F-16 and would like some input as to a EDF unit for it. My objective is to find a unit to give the good take off speed on a geotex runway about 325 foot long with grass on the ends of it. I want to use 6s power. I have a almost new FW 12 blade 1550kv and 130amp esc set up which would be stock power. I also have looked at the FW 90mm 4068 in runner and the FMS 12 blade 1900kv out runner. The FMS unit is the lightest and the FW IR is the heaviest, with the stock in the middle. I'm assuming that the FMS edf is all composite? With the heavier weight in runner because of motor. Look I want a good flying plane, but don't care how much vertical it has, but rather good cruising scale speed at 1/2 or so power to have fun my way. I have read the threads, with some saying stock power is fine, and others saying it needs all the power it can get. I have 2 FW 70mm F-16s, one gray and one camo but wanted the 90mm TB scheme as well. So should I go stock or get one of the higher power fans? Thanks for your help.
            Rick

Comment

• Originally posted by RMatteson View Post
              I just bought a TB ARF F-16 and would like some input as to a EDF unit for it. My objective is to find the best unit to give the best take off speed on a geotex runway about 325 foot long with grass on the ends of it. I want to use 6s power. I have a almost new FW 12 blade 1550kv and 130amp eds set up which would be stock power. I also have looked at the FW 90mm 4068 in runner and the FMS 12 blade 1900kv out runner. The FMS unit is the lightest and the FW IR is the heaviest, with the stock in the middle. I'm assuming that the FMS edf is all composite? With the heavier weight in runner because of motor. Look I want a good flying plane, but don't care how much vertical it has, but rather good cruising scale speed at 1/2 or so power to have fun my way. I have read the threads, with some saying stock power is fine, and others saying it needs all the power it can get. I also want a edf that will have good thrust at partial throttle for landing. Any help you can give is great.

RICK
              I have the 64MM version and its awsome with a4S and stock 5 blade motor. yours should be fine the way you have it configured

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster
                The stock setup isn’t terrible if you use smaller batteries. Anything above a 4000mah I would use the Freewing 2210 Inrunner. It’s the version of FW EDFs. If you want your flight time to stay around stock just use less throttle. The newest FW version is roughly the same weight as the old version but creates a lot more thrust.
                could be the 12 bladed fan also

Comment

• Originally posted by RMatteson View Post
                  I just bought a TB ARF F-16 and would like some input as to a EDF unit for it. My objective is to find a unit to give the good take off speed on a geotex runway about 325 foot long with grass on the ends of it. I want to use 6s power. I have a almost new FW 12 blade 1550kv and 130amp esc set up which would be stock power. I also have looked at the FW 90mm 4068 in runner and the FMS 12 blade 1900kv out runner. The FMS unit is the lightest and the FW IR is the heaviest, with the stock in the middle. I'm assuming that the FMS edf is all composite? With the heavier weight in runner because of motor. Look I want a good flying plane, but don't care how much vertical it has, but rather good cruising scale speed at 1/2 or so power to have fun my way. I have read the threads, with some saying stock power is fine, and others saying it needs all the power it can get. I have 2 FW 70mm F-16s, one gray and one camo but wanted the 90mm TB scheme as well. So should I go stock or get one of the higher power fans? Thanks for your help.
                  Rick
                  If you spend most of your time at half throttle the FMS set up will suit you really well. You will get a significant increase in performance over the stock. Stock you need to use 3/4 power and a lot of momentum to keep this thing in the air. With the FMS it will get off the ground sooner and land slower. It will just be much lighter flying than stock. Your flight times will be a little bit over what you get with stock as well. With my F-104 I gained about a min flight time on a 5000mah pack.
                  Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I would like to upgrade mine to an 8s power system. Any recommendations besides the Freewing 8s? The Freewing fan seems pretty heavy. My 6s F-16 flies ok but I am ready for more performance and thrust...thanks!

Comment

• this is one bad a--- jet. haven't flown it yet. first jet i will be learning on. the buddy- buddy box.

Comment

• First jet you will be learning on? This sounds like a cry for help :Confused:

Comment

• maybe she will just be a hanger queen. beautiful looking jet.

Comment

• Originally posted by slingshot View Post
                            maybe she will just be a hanger queen. beautiful looking jet.
                            It was only my second jet... my first was the 80mm F-86. It wasn’t bad on the maiden until landing. The CG in the manual is way too aft in my opinion. It made it down safely but I went around more than once on approach. I watched the MotionRC Video of Pilot Ryan flying it and copied his battery location. After that it was awesome. I have never crashed mine, and it has been flown a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

It was only my second jet... my first was the 80mm F-86. It wasn’t bad on the maiden until landing. The CG in the manual is way too aft in my opinion. It made it down safely but I went around more than once on approach. I watched the MotionRC Video of Pilot Ryan flying it and copied his battery location. After that it was awesome. I have never crashed mine, and it has been flown a lot
                              I've heard anywhere from 115mm-125mm. Where did you end up at?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post

I've heard anywhere from 115mm-125mm. Where did you end up at?
                                Honestly, I can’t remember. I drew a line where the battery should be placed for my preferred CG. I have over 20 planes that are flight ready, so I had to start marking them to save myself from having to break out the CG stand all the time. I put my 5000mah lipo in the same spot as this image and it worked perfectly. The manual had the lipo about an in inch aft and it was a handful. When I moved the CG forward landing became a breeze. I use a gyro on landings and takeoffs and I use flaperons and tailerons. The tailerons are set to activate when the flap switch is set for half or full flaps.

Also, I’m using a Spektrum IX 12, so if anyone wants the file I can send it to them.

Name:	99877273-7814-42A0-8800-E15C8605F2E9.png
Views:	1421
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	173290

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

Honestly, I can’t remember. I drew a line where the battery should be placed for my preferred CG. I have over 20 planes that are flight ready, so I had to start marking them to save myself from having to break out the CG stand all the time. I put my 5000mah lipo in the same spot as this image and it worked perfectly. The manual had the lipo about an in inch aft and it was a handful. When I moved the CG forward landing became a breeze. I use a gyro on landings and takeoffs and I use flaperons and tailerons. The tailerons are set to activate when the flap switch is set for half or full flaps.

Also, I’m using a Spektrum IX 12, so if anyone wants the file I can send it to them.

Name:	99877273-7814-42A0-8800-E15C8605F2E9.png
Views:	1421
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	173290
                                  Any idea what your batt weighs? I have different brands and weights of 5000mah. thanks

Comment

• I have flown it with 4, 5, and 6000mah packs. The picture is with a 5000mah pack weighing 725g/ 25.57oz/1.6lb. The CG envelope is pretty forgiving on this plane. The lighter the lipo, the better it will fly... the 6000mah made it fly like a rock with no additional flight time.

Here is a video with the FMS fan and YeP 150. I’m using a Admiral Pro 60c 4000mah. It’s my only “crash” on this plane. It’s definitely one of the stronger Freewing jets. There are no structural weak spots prone to damage that I can find. The aluminum NLG has bent a few times. Especially after this great landing.

Comment

• I've got hundreds of flights on mine and I like the CG around 118mm, seems to be the best for landings anyway, little nose heavy but flies great, in fact I just bought another F-16 ThunderBird, also going to try out the new FW 4068-1835kv inrunner in it, love the F-16, never get tired of flying one, will always have one in my hanger, or two.

Comment

• Thanks for all the info. I picked mine up used in stock form. Waiting for a little nicer weather to put the first flight on it. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

• All this talk is giving me the itch. F16 is one of my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                                          X