X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by purduephigam View Post
    All this talk is giving me the itch. F16 is one of my favorites.
    If you don't have one already, get one, they fly great. I enjoy flying the F-16 better than any of my other EDF jets, those slow high alpha passes with the gear down are so scale looking and then adding power and pull the gear up are a thing of beauty, those high alpha landings are great to, they do take practice but once you get them down it becomes so easy to do.

So you want one yet?:):)

Comment

• I have the 70mm and haven't quite mastered the high alpha. Figured I'd on that one a little bit. F-16 will def be the next purchase unless there is a sexy scale military edf released between now and summer.

Comment

• Mulling it over and looking for excuses/justification to purchase. Do people enjoy the stock setup, or recommend the upgraded inrunner? I love the scale military version but seem to be more tempted by the Thunderbird scheme. Either way, just wanted to get everyone's thought on the power setup.

Comment

Mulling it over and looking for excuses/justification to purchase. Do people enjoy the stock setup, or recommend the upgraded inrunner? I love the scale military version but seem to be more tempted by the Thunderbird scheme. Either way, just wanted to get everyone's thought on the power setup.
          I highly recommend getting Arf+ and putting in the FMS 90mm fan and the YEP 150A ESC. It lightens the airplane significantly, while also providing increased thrust, and longer flight time.

Comment

Mulling it over and looking for excuses/justification to purchase. Do people enjoy the stock setup, or recommend the upgraded inrunner? I love the scale military version but seem to be more tempted by the Thunderbird scheme. Either way, just wanted to get everyone's thought on the power setup.
            Did you watch the link I posted of the FMS/YeP combo? It’s awesome! My YouTube channel has the video of the maiden as well. The difference in takeoff roll is incredible
            Last edited by C17loadmaster; Jan 25, 2019, 11:25 PM. Reason: I was driving...

Comment

• I order the new Freewing 6s fan that has higher kv for my F-16. Has anyone used this one yet?

- Rotor Blade Material : Nylon Composite With Fiber- Outer Diameter: 93mm- Length: 107mm- Weight: 530g- Rotor: 90mm , 12 Blade Normal- Spinner: Aluminium Spinner- Motor:: 4068 1835Kv Inrunner Motor (Installed)- Working Voltage: 6s  22.2v- Static Thrust:

I hope this will give it a lot more thrust while keeping the weight same as stock 6s.

Sorry for the RC Castle link but MRC does not have a picture yet...

Comment

• Yep, just got one and it is awesome, little longer flight times, more thrust, and a drop in fit, well worth the money for an upgrade to the F-16. I already have the 4068-1680kv in mine, and pulled it out to put this new unit in, I think it's even better than the 1680kv, way better than stock, but it is heavy and will require nose weight or moving things around to get your battery more to the front, I just added a little lead weight in the nose, flies awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                  Yep, just got one and it is awesome, little longer flight times, more thrust, and a drop in fit, well worth the money for an upgrade to the F-16. I already have the 4068-1680kv in mine, and pulled it out to put this new unit in, I think it's even better than the 1680kv, way better than stock, but it is heavy and will require nose weight or moving things around to get your battery more to the front, I just added a little lead weight in the nose, flies awesome.
                  Excellent, thank you. Good to know it works well. This plane stock needs a lot more power to land it nicely in high alpha.

Comment

Yep, just got one and it is awesome, little longer flight times, more thrust, and a drop in fit, well worth the money for an upgrade to the F-16. I already have the 4068-1680kv in mine, and pulled it out to put this new unit in, I think it's even better than the 1680kv, way better than stock, but it is heavy and will require nose weight or moving things around to get your battery more to the front, I just added a little lead weight in the nose, flies awesome.
                    One more question - did you use the same stock 130A ESC? Is the current draw of this faster motor similar?

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post

One more question - did you use the same stock 130A ESC? Is the current draw of this faster motor similar?
                      Yes, I'm using the stock ESC. I don't measure current, watts and all that but it seems to be fine so far, nothing is hot or anything and I fly it really hard, one thing I did notice with this 1835kv, I can fly it hard and it still has more battery left at the end compared to the 1680kv, the fan blades are totally different and the spinner, overall performance is better, I'm happy with it and might even buy a couple more to replace the 1680kv motors.

Comment

• I sold ALL of the older generation fans I had and bought those the week they were released. I have yet to use the 12 blade though... one is in a F-15 that had the 1680 in it. I’m wondering if the 12 blade is a better fit for the F-22, just because nobody has talked about using it. All of my attention is wrapped up in that plane right now haha

I have the FMS in my F-16 and will keep that setup. RC Geek posted a video of his buddy flying his F-16 with the same exact control setup (flaperons and taileron mix for landing) and my same fan/motor and ESC.

Comment

• I tried the FMS in my F-15 and wasn't impressed with it so I stayed with the 1680, but this new 1835 went into my other F-16 and I love it, overall a better performer, I wonder if anyone is going to try 1835kv with new 12 blade fan in the F-22, I know I would if I was to buy one, which I don't plan on it, to ugly for my taste but others are enjoying it and I might talk myself into buying the ARF kit so I can try the new 12 blade 1835 in it.........:).

Comment

• ​ ​​Basically the same exact plane as mine... except I made decals and matched the paint to have mine replicate the real Wisconsin tail
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	22DAB262-2860-4FF4-B1CA-0AB34D76B0B3.png
Views:	1031
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	176164

Comment

I tried the FMS in my F-15 and wasn't impressed with it so I stayed with the 1680, but this new 1835 went into my other F-16 and I love it, overall a better performer, I wonder if anyone is going to try 1835kv with new 12 blade fan in the F-22, I know I would if I was to buy one, which I don't plan on it, to ugly for my taste but others are enjoying it and I might talk myself into buying the ARF kit so I can try the new 12 blade 1835 in it.........:).
                              I will try it out eventually. The 9 blade that’s in my F-22 currently is pretty good. I bought the 8s version and pulled it out before the maiden. I’m going to try them all and stick with what I prefer in each of the 90mm’s I have. I have an unflown F-104 with the old 90mm stock outrunner.... that motor needs to be put on eBay

Comment

I tried the FMS in my F-15 and wasn't impressed with it so I stayed with the 1680, but this new 1835 went into my other F-16 and I love it, overall a better performer, I wonder if anyone is going to try 1835kv with new 12 blade fan in the F-22, I know I would if I was to buy one, which I don't plan on it, to ugly for my taste but others are enjoying it and I might talk myself into buying the ARF kit so I can try the new 12 blade 1835 in it.........:).
                                The F-22 is awesome! it’s definitely a lot easier to fly than the F-16. Feels much lighter, but its fast too. I got it up to 115mph on the 2nd flight. Like the F-16, Its a very tough model too. There are no weak spots I could find, like a lot of other models

Comment

• Well, we have alot of rain here in Ca. so I didn't get a chance to compare both F-16's, the grey one has the FW 1680kv and the T-Bird has the new 1835kv, both with 12 blade fans but the new 1835kv has a new designed fan and spinner, where the 1680kv has the old syle fan and small chrome spinner, going to fly them back to back and see which one performs best when I get chance, maybe Sunday if the rain stops, here they are snuggled together.

Comment

Well, we have alot of rain here in Ca. so I didn't get a chance to compare both F-16's, the grey one has the FW 1680kv and the T-Bird has the new 1835kv, both with 12 blade fans but the new 1835kv has a new designed fan and spinner, where the 1680kv has the old syle fan and small chrome spinner, going to fly them back to back and see which one performs best when I get chance, maybe Sunday if the rain stops, here they are snuggled together.
                                    That will be a perfect comparison. I am waiting for the new fan to arrive and will be upgrading!

Comment

• My repaint of a 90mm Freewing F-16. Done up in the 64th Aggressor Squadron at Nellis AFB, NV. Flys great with the Inrunner!!Click image for larger version

Name:	F2CCF75F-2BAF-4CE0-8EDD-3CB7366CE6CF.jpeg
Views:	848
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	183927

Comment

• That looks awesome, they do fly much better with the inrunner.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by RCPilot66 View Post
                                          My repaint of a 90mm Freewing F-16. Done up in the 64th Aggressor Squadron at Nellis AFB, NV. Flys great with the Inrunner!!Click image for larger version

Name:	F2CCF75F-2BAF-4CE0-8EDD-3CB7366CE6CF.jpeg
Views:	848
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	183927
                                          Looking good Jerry!

Comment

Working...
                                          X