Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1835KV upgrade! I upgraded my F-16 from the stock edf to the new FW 6S 1835KV EDF. What a difference! The model came to life and the thrust to weight ratio is perfect. I was thinking of going to 8S but I am glad I did not - the 6S setup is lighter and this plane does not need any more wing loading.

I had to add 30g of weight in the nose and move the battery forward as far as it would go. The new FW inrunner is 107g heavier than the old outrunner. I highly recommend this upgrade and the EDF unit is a drop-in replacement with no foam cutting needed.

Comment

• Good to hear! I bet you could move the blue box and move your battery forward to get rid of the added counterweight. I want to know how the newer outrunner compared to the older version. I have one in a F-15 but I haven’t flown it with that fan yet

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
        Good to hear! I bet you could move the blue box and move your battery forward to get rid of the added counterweight. I want to know how the newer outrunner compared to the older version. I have one in a F-15 but I haven’t flown it with that fan yet
        You can't move the battery any further even if you moved the distro board. The canopy will not close then and you would have to cut out the pilot - you need him to fly the plane ;-). The extra 30g is not much and the setup flies great.

Comment

• Ventral fins: Does anyone know where to get ventral fins for for the FW 90mm F-16? MRC only shows fins for the 70mm although they look suspiciously identical to the ones on the 90mm. I broke one of mine off during a slightly too high angle of attack during landing :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by PaulZ View Post
            Ventral fins: Does anyone know where to get ventral fins for for the FW 90mm F-16? MRC only shows fins for the 70mm although they look suspiciously identical to the ones on the 90mm. I broke one of mine off during a slightly too high angle of attack during landing :-)
            I can send a pic with measurements if you would like. Then you can make new ones easily

Or... I have a spare 70mm fin laying around. I will compare them in a few hours

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post

I can send a pic with measurements if you would like. Then you can make new ones easily

Or... I have a spare 70mm fin laying around. I will compare them in a few hours
              Ok, thanks that would be helpful. I have one and can make the other one but thought I could buy them...being lazy

Comment

• ​ Sorry! I haven’t been on here again until now

Comment

• Man, this thing flat humbled me. Got my first three flights on it, must say it flies great. It is stock and I was surprised how well it preformed. I just have to learn how to land it. Three flights, three arrivals. 15mph wind with gusts might have been some of the problem. I have a lot of flights on the 70mm version with no landing issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ks.jetflyer View Post
                    Man, this thing flat humbled me. Got my first three flights on it, must say it flies great. It is stock and I was surprised how well it preformed. I just have to learn how to land it. Three flights, three arrivals. 15mph wind with gusts might have been some of the problem. I have a lot of flights on the 70mm version with no landing issues.

So where you running your CG? That plays a big part on landing this jet properly. I have over a hundred flights on mine and nose heavy is the way to go, if to far aft it becomes hard to land.

Comment

• :Cool:What Corsair said!

My first 2 flights the thing catapulted straight up off the runway on takeoff and floated way long on both landings. I had it at the “book CG” and it was way off. I moved the battery way forward and it performed great. I don’t have the CG listed, but here’s a picture of where you should place your battery. I found it best to keep the size between 4000-5000 mah. Any heavier and it’s too high of a wing load, you get the same flight time, and it flys very heavy. Just my experience...

Click image for larger version  Name:	D0E1D4E9-B997-40C6-8015-CC2797342301.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	49.2 KB ID:	187484

Comment

• First flight cg was 118mm then 115mm for the last two. I'm flying with 5000mah. By your pic my batt is 1/2" to3/4" aft.

Comment

• Does anyone have the Eflite F-16? Curious how it flies compare to the 90mm. I have a F-22 that I'm still getting use to, love the F-22. Grass ok?
                          Planes
                          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                            Does anyone have the Eflite F-16? Curious how it flies compare to the 90mm. I have a F-22 that I'm still getting use to, love the F-22. Grass ok?
                            Yeah, it’s fine. I fly off a golf course though.... I haven’t read about anyone having issues with it. The lighter you get the weight the better!

Comment

• Great machine!

I bought the ARF+Servos option and converted it to turbine power with a Kingtech K30G.

Bit of work in it but she flies great, and sounds superb.

Here is the maiden flight video -

I am already planning my next Freewing turbine conversion ;)

Comment

• Flaperons? Elevons? Could you all please comment on best way to setup the F-16 if you want to use flaps? I currently have it setup with Flaperons only and at full flap deflection I loose most roll control which makes it harder during strong wind landings. Should I go with Elevons only instead?...or does Elevon + Flaperon work well on this model? Thanks!

Comment

• I answered in the other thread but let me say a little flap goes a long way on this plane due to the full length ailerons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    I answered in the other thread but let me say a little flap goes a long way on this plane due to the full length ailerons.
                                    Yes, I noticed the same that it slows down and lands well with half flaps. I may just reduce the flap deflection and use full ailieron rates during landing to solve to roll rate issue.

Comment

• Flaperons with tailerons mixed. Tailerons come off with flaps up. My flaperons are max deflection and it flies like a champ.

Comment

• Is the 4068-1635KV inrunner a direct Plug & Play bolt-in with the stock Fan and ESC ?

Thanks,
                                        RJ

Comment

• It was a Freewing and Flightline kind of day.The F-16 has the Freewing F-4's 8S power system in it. Now it flies like how an F-16 is supposed to. Used my friends pitot-static system and recorded 135.4 mph!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1690.JPG
Views:	1347
Size:	273.3 KB
ID:	204171Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1691.JPG
Views:	1270
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	204172

Comment

Working...
                                          X