Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What, wait... you have friends? :) Yes another great day.

Comment

• Originally posted by vduniec View Post
      It was a Freewing and Flightline kind of day.The F-16 has the Freewing F-4's 8S power system in it. Now it flies like how an F-16 is supposed to. Used my friends pitot-static system and recorded 135.4 mph!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1690.JPG
Views:	1345
Size:	273.3 KB
ID:	204171Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1691.JPG
Views:	1267
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	204172
      Dang your hands look like mine. :Thinking:

Comment

• Ha! they are my hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
          Ha! they are my hands.
          No way! I've got to come fly with you sometime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

No way! I've got to come fly with you sometime soon.

I considered cropping them out but didn’t want to be accused of photoshopping the results.

Come join us some time! We have a great facility with a paved runway, a large covered area and a solar powered charging station provided by the county park system.
            Last edited by vduniec; Jul 3, 2019, 08:31 PM. Reason: Auto-correct error.

Comment

• After flying the stock colors for a while, I finally decided to switch over to the WI 115th FW Tail. Love how it looks on the F-16!

Comment

• That does look nice !

Comment

• A few more photos from this evening

Comment

• I love that tail too! Makes the plane look awesome. I painted my nose cone a darker shade and used acetone on a Q-tip to remove the different command emblem and replaced it with the Outstanding Unit Award like the actual aircraft.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Somewhere along the way I have lost my subscription to this thread so I have re-subscribed...It's been several years since I had this jet. Love the size and scale appeal but never liked how heavy she was and flew stock. I have satisfied my large scale F-16 itch with the HSD 105mm F-16 in recent years, but she too, is a chunky monkey. However, having no idea when or if Freewing will be coming out with a New Gen 90mm F-16, I thought I would revisit this model, especially after seeing Jeff's (of Jeff's Custom RC on YouTube) fabulous job of converting his to the Arctic Camo (video below)...Now I want one again, and paint it up the same!

So before I sink my teeth through 20 pages I was hoping I could get the quick and dirty Upgrade/Mod Cheat Sheet...

I assume I will need to put a new power system in it. Looking for a great solution. Something that can help offset the AUW with the appropriate thrust to weight ratio. Looking forward to any and all information!

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1378
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	207692

My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I'm with svengali Aros, going to need some guidance. Was planning on getting the F18 BA for my next project, but love my F4 Blue Angel so much it doesn't seem neceessary to have another BA (and I think the F4 looks more iconic and the F18 may need a few wrinkles worked out) and this F16 Viper caught my fancy. Not the EDF expert like most of you, only have 2 F4's and a Stinger 90, so I know this might be a leap.

Gather from previous posts that the upgraded FW 4068-1835 KV inrunner is worth it. My only concern is do I even need flaperons. Never used or set them up before so I would be venturing into uncharted waters. Get the notion that a small amount is all that is needed as the ailerons run the length of the wing and I would no doubt be losing some aileron control if deflection is extreme (what, no Aros max flaps like the Corsair).

Am planning to use the Ar636 like all my other planes with rate gains in the 30's for fly around and 70-80 for take off and landing (what I use on the F4 and Stinger with no occillation). My different flight modes for rate gains are always my flap switch, which is fine with this, but there wont be any flaps I guess unless I program the flap/elevator flaperon there. Would I do it through the flap system menu or do it through a mix menu (told you I know about flaperons). BTW, using a DX6.

Thinking of doing the Lone Star livery (cause you know I have to have some color). Any help would be appreciated, but don't expect cashjust some
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I tried out the stock 1550kv, and the 1680 Inrunner, before settling on the FMS 1900kV Outrunner. The weight loss makes all the difference in this plane. It takes off in half the distance, and lands beautifully with the CG a bit further forward than the manual lists. I’m sure you already know, but the FMS fan needs a bigger ESC. I used the YEP150A in it without any issues. I have the same setup waiting to go into an F-15, but after purchasing I have read that it doesn’t perform as well. I will find out for myself sooner or later... I will be able to remove the lead from the nose too

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
                            I tried out the stock 1550kv, and the 1680 Inrunner, before settling on the FMS 1900kV Outrunner. The weight loss makes all the difference in this plane. It takes off in half the distance, and lands beautifully with the CG a bit further forward than the manual lists. I’m sure you already know, but the FMS fan needs a bigger ESC. I used the YEP150A in it without any issues. I have the same setup waiting to go into an F-15, but after purchasing I have read that it doesn’t perform as well. I will find out for myself sooner or later... I will be able to remove the lead from the nose too
                            The FMS set up works wonderful! If you have a stock esc you just need to change timing to low and the amp draw is in the 105amp range which is more than good enough for the 130amp stock unit. I have been running this in my F-104 for a couple years now and it transformed the plane! It shifted the CG slightly forward since it is so much lighter than stock and with the lighter weight the take offs and landings are much better. The F-15 and F-16 are great candidates for this fan and will really enhance how they fly! They may be only slightly faster but their efficiency will shoot through the roof and you will be able to get the plane to climb at a reasonable angle while only at half throttle. You could never do that with the stock unit... Batteries will be happier and esc will run better as well.
                            Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                              Somewhere along the way I have lost my subscription to this thread so I have re-subscribed...It's been several years since I had this jet. Love the size and scale appeal but never liked how heavy she was and flew stock. I have satisfied my large scale F-16 itch with the HSD 105mm F-16 in recent years, but she too, is a chunky monkey. However, having no idea when or if Freewing will be coming out with a New Gen 90mm F-16, I thought I would revisit this model, especially after seeing Jeff's (of Jeff's Custom RC on YouTube) fabulous job of converting his to the Arctic Camo (video below)...Now I want one again, and paint it up the same!

So before I sink my teeth through 20 pages I was hoping I could get the quick and dirty Upgrade/Mod Cheat Sheet...

I assume I will need to put a new power system in it. Looking for a great solution. Something that can help offset the AUW with the appropriate thrust to weight ratio. Looking forward to any and all information!

Thanks!
                              See what I wrote above...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Oh, good to know about keeping the stock 130a an option. I had read previously that I guy fried his after the FMS swap, but in reality you never really know exactly what has been done to peoples planes and parts when they get on here to discuss.

Have you used the FMS in the F-15? I have 4 options for 6s, one being the FMS unit, the FW 9 blade 1750kv, 12b 1650kv outrunner, and it currently has the HET 1680 installed. I might as well sell the 1750... I purchased it the day it released in China, which was quite a while before it was available at motion. It’s never been flown

Comment

Oh, good to know about keeping the stock 130a an option. I had read previously that I guy fried his after the FMS swap, but in reality you never really know exactly what has been done to peoples planes and parts when they get on here to discuss.

Have you used the FMS in the F-15? I have 4 options for 6s, one being the FMS unit, the FW 9 blade 1750kv, 12b 1650kv outrunner, and it currently has the HET 1680 installed. I might as well sell the 1750... I purchased it the day it released in China, which was quite a while before it was available at motion. It’s never been flown
                                  I was told the stock FW 130 ESC will only last a few flights with the FMS system, so be careful if you use the FMS unit, I also tried the FMS 1900 in my F-15, it didn't impress me so I pulled it out and put in a FW 1835kv, now it rocks, I'm changing all my 90mm jets to the FW 1835kv unit, so far the Yak 130, F-15, F-16, and both of my new F-18, love the sound, so smooth with a woosh.

Comment

• I want a 90 F-16 so bad but grass field. Wish Freewing would updated it using the same technology as the A-10/F-22,etc.
                                    Planes
                                    -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                    -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                                      I want a 90 F-16 so bad but grass field. Wish Freewing would updated it using the same technology as the A-10/F-22,etc.
                                      All I fly off of is grass

Comment

All I fly off of is grass
                                        what's the roll out like? How short?
                                        Planes
                                        -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                        -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• With the FMS fan it’s maybe 100 feet on level ground. Shorter than the F-22 when it had the 6s setup

Comment

Working...
                                          X