You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Freewing 90mm F-16 Falcon Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I maidened my TB F16 this weekend and 6 more flights after that. What a great Jet. I used the 12 blade inrunner from the last 8s F22 I piled in and 2 4s 5000 batts and it was a beauty from the start. I set it up by the book and it worked great. Fun jet to fly. Flight times were 3:30. Flying pretty fast most of the time.

    Comment


    • HW, i did have flaparon on mine as well. I think my first step will be moving the cg back a bit, maybe it won't drop the nose so fast, as I could see this on my touchdowns. The nose hits much heavier than I like. I will beat this plane! Lol

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
        first step will be moving the cg back a bit I will beat this plane! Lol
        That's the right attitude! Kind of like breaking a mustang, one of us is going to blink first (sometimes that's me though )
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: A-10 Arctic Thunder, 90mm F18 Canadian Demo, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom, F4 Blue Angel, 1600mm Corsair & Spitfire, Olive & Silver B-24, Stinger 90, Red 80mm Avanti. Extreme Flight-Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, 62" MXS Green, 62" Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51, Apprentice.

        Comment


        • Yes, yes indeed sir!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

            From a FW 90mm F-16 owner, I have to say a very wise decision! A very good friend was thinking of getting the E-Flight F-16 and I think I was able to talk him out of it. He's flown with me with my F-16 on the 12 blade inrunner hauling an SMC 8100 mah battery around and taking off of grass, and it now looks like he's going to "one up me" and get the Thunderbird ARF but put an 8S system in it! I'm starting to hate him more every day. I truly believe the HH 80mm EDF's are underpowered, especially for grass ops.
            Well, convince me you did... My F-16 Thunderbird ARF+ has just been shipped. I wasn't sure if it was actually in stock as the open box listing does not show up via the open box listings on Motion-Rc's website, but google took me to the page directly and they still show as having two more in stock. Also got a 120amp Avian ESC and FMS 1500 12 blade EDF on order.

            Comment


            • Now I’m concerned, I bought the open box high performance pop Tbird on Saturday. Didn’t see an ARF pulse listed at all. When did you buy yours. Usually the still show it but list it out of stock.

              Gravy

              Comment


              • So you got one of the yellow ones? I was told the yellow is not just a little off white as the pictures seem to show.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                  Now I’m concerned, I bought the open box high performance pop Tbird on Saturday. Didn’t see an ARF pulse listed at all. When did you buy yours. Usually the still show it but list it out of stock.

                  Gravy
                  I was up late last night and ordered around 1am this morning. Got my shipping notification at 11:32am, not even 12 hours later. Here's the direct link to the listing: Freewing F-16C Super Scale Thunderbirds 90mm EDF Jet - ARF PLUS - (OPE [FJ30621A+(OB)] Motion RC

                  Comment


                  • Ahh, not a yellow one. Cool!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                      So you got one of the yellow ones? I was told the yellow is not just a little off white as the pictures seem to show.
                      No, it wasn't one of the yellow ones. It mentioned a replaced retract, minor dents (easy fix), reversed USAF decal (~7 bucks for decals) and loose pitot tube (~7 bucks for a nosecone) I went ahead and ordered a new spare nosecone anyways as I'm sure Hugh Wiedman or I will inevitably break off pitot tube I think I've gone through 4 on the MiG and 2 on the Gripen...

                      Comment


                      • Some of the pitot's are crazy long...


                        Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post

                        No, it wasn't one of the yellow ones. It mentioned a replaced retract, minor dents (easy fix), reversed USAF decal (~7 bucks for decals) and loose pitot tube (~7 bucks for a nosecone) I went ahead and ordered a new spare nosecone anyways as I'm sure Hugh Wiedman or I will inevitably break off pitot tube I think I've gone through 4 on the MiG and 2 on the Gripen...

                        Comment


                        • Yeah I ordered mine 6:27am may 1st, have not received shipping notice yet. My order shows paid but unfulfilled. Yes I bought a yellowish one, worst case I’ll do a full repaint and go grey. if I get it now. I hope their site don’t allow for multiple purchases of same item, and actually removes item from their inventory when paid for.
                          Mine was $517 shipped. I see one now in open box listed at $529 with same description. Only now it has a picture. When I bought it there was no picture.
                          🤔

                          Gravy

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            Some of the pitot's are crazy long...



                            And for whatever reason the material they're made of does not glue well. Pretty much everything I've tried either doesn't last more than 5 minutes or ends up melting the plastic. I've got a Prusa 3D printer on the way so I'm hoping to be able to print replacements once I get it all setup and figured out.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                              Yeah I ordered mine 6:27am may 1st, have not received shipping notice yet. My order shows paid but unfulfilled. Yes I bought a yellowish one, worst case I’ll do a full repaint and go grey. if I get it now. I hope their site don’t allow for multiple purchases of same item, and actually removes item from their inventory when paid for.
                              Mine was $517 shipped. I see one now in open box listed at $529 with same description. Only now it has a picture. When I bought it there was no picture.
                              🤔

                              Gravy
                              As far as I can tell the inventory gets removed immediately as I've seen the quantity available change as soon as my orders go through. Not sure if you did, but I paid the 10 bucks for Fedex shipping and they typically prioritize the paid shipping tiers. Fedex has been the most reliable shipper in my area for a while so I typically don't mind spending the little extra.

                              Comment


                              • Last few orders were all free shipping, but still came Fedex.

                                Gravy

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post

                                  And for whatever reason the material they're made of does not glue well. Pretty much everything I've tried either doesn't last more than 5 minutes or ends up melting the plastic. I've got a Prusa 3D printer on the way so I'm hoping to be able to print replacements once I get it all setup and figured out.
                                  Oh yeah, the fist thing on the F-16, you will snap off the pitot tube, I broke plenty of them, so I solved my problem this way, take a tiny tiny drill bit, hand drill a hole into each piece, take a sewing needle and glue it in one end, cut the rest off as needed to fit into the other end, slide them together and glue with foamtac, now it wil just bend when you bump it, bend it back in place and off you go, never broke another one after that.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                                    Last few orders were all free shipping, but still came Fedex.

                                    Gravy
                                    Oh wow, good to know. I had a couple in the past sent via usps which sat in limbo for a month so I stopped taking my chances.

                                    Comment


                                    • Got my tracking info this AM, FedEx FTW.

                                      I’ll have to see it in person to decide weather or not to repaint. For sure though the gear will get painted white like I did with my F-18.


                                      Also just to be on safe side I just ordered a spear sheet of the tbird decals. I have lots of painting to do this summer. F-14, Buddies OH-6, most likely this F-16 and finish my cobra.

                                      Gravy

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                                        Got my tracking info this AM, FedEx FTW.

                                        I’ll have to see it in person to decide weather or not to repaint. For sure though the gear will get painted white like I did with my F-18.


                                        Also just to be on safe side I just ordered a spear sheet of the tbird decals. I have lots of painting to do this summer. F-14, Buddies OH-6, most likely this F-16 and finish my cobra.

                                        Gravy
                                        Awesome! I ordered a decal sheet as well. It’s cheap enough and lord knows my OCD wouldn’t let me keep the USAF on the wrong wing 😂

                                        What paint do you use for your LG? I was thinking of painting them white and wasn’t sure what to use.

                                        Comment


                                        • Gloss white appliance spray paint. It’s an epoxy paint.

                                          Gravy

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X