X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
    Gloss white appliance spray paint. It’s an epoxy paint.

Gravy
    Great idea. Should be durable. Thanks!

Comment

• Well, I've had two of the T-Birds and yes they do yellow, my first one was really bad because I exposed it to the sun several times then coated it with gloss clear sealer, the second one I did before it was exposed to the sun and it held up nicely, and the yellow is ugly believe me, you will be doing a repaint on it I bet.

Comment

• Yeah if o keep it a Tbird it will have to be gloss bright white. So after a few shack down flight I’ll decide what to do.
        I have a few paint jobs in front of it anyway😉.
        Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
          Well, I've had two of the T-Birds and yes they do yellow, my first one was really bad because I exposed it to the sun several times then coated it with gloss clear sealer, the second one I did before it was exposed to the sun and it held up nicely, and the yellow is ugly believe me, you will be doing a repaint on it I bet.
          If you clear gloss coat (or any other sheen) these birds with the min-wax or spar urethane, you must use the exterior type with UV blockers, as the interior or regular type definitely will yellow in the sun. On darker colors, not as noticeable, but on a white TB, very fugly!
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

If you clear gloss coat (or any other sheen) these birds with the min-wax or spar urethane, you must use the exterior type with UV blockers, as the interior or regular type definitely will yellow in the sun. On darker colors, not as noticeable, but on a white TB, very fugly!
            Yeah I learned after the first one, get them coated ASAP......

Comment

• Anyone know why the F-16 90mm is not show on the motion site. Not to purchase new of backordered. Just one open box.

Comment

• I found both grey and Tbird just by searching under jets.

Gravy
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary S. View Post
                  Anyone know why the F-16 90mm is not show on the motion site. Not to purchase new of backordered. Just one open box.
                  You may have the filter set for "in stock only".
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

You may have the filter set for "in stock only".
                    That was it Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary S. View Post

That was it Thanks!
                      I set my filter for "Ones I Can Afford". But All the pages are blank for me!
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

I set my filter for "Ones I Can Afford". But All the pages are blank for me!
                        they have a filter for that? Don’t let my wife see it.

Gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                          I don't know why but I keep having major issues landing my f16, I can land every other jet I have without a problem, but this one, I just can't figure out I feel like I'm coming in too fast or something, I just can't figure it out. It's embarrassing honestly. Only other thing I can think is the narrow undercarriage on the grass field. It keeps tipping on its side when the nose gear contacts. To be fair to the plane the grass was way tall as the guy who normally mows couldn't because it has been raining for 4 days straight til about 5am this morning. Some parts of the grass was almost 6 inches high. So that is probably the major contributing factor. It was one of those I really want to fly even though I shouldn't moment. Winds were also gusting to 15mph. But the good news is she did get down in a flyable condition, so I just shutdown flying for the day all together
                          The F-16, pretty much in any size, doesn't land how you think it will. I have had 50mm, 64mm, 70mm and now the 90mm version... (there will be an 80mm in there soon soon thanks to Eflite/FMS) Every single one of those planes do the exact same thing on landings!! If you try to land them like a regular warbird or any other plane for that matter it will go whizzing by you at high speed and bounce like crazy or tip and make you look like a complete novice! Just land the plane how it wants to and things will be fine. You need to get the plane in a high alpha attitude, hold it there with the elevator, use ailerons to control roll and then use throttle to control your sink rate. Its usually best not to flare it also... just fly it to the ground and it will be fine. Another thing I have done is just spend an entire battery working the landing pattern. Leave the gear down and just get used to what it does in landing configuration. Starting up pretty high and then working my way down to the actual landing itself. Learning to land this plane actually helped me with the F-104 as well since it lands the same...
                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• So I wonder how the Freewing High Performance 90mm F16 compares to the new Eflite 80mm F 16
                            Could be interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by Tigerman View Post
                              So I wonder how the Freewing High Performance 90mm F16 compares to the new Eflite 80mm F 16
                              Could be interesting. I never flown either but my vote goes to the Eflite 80mm F16 now Motion RC have increased there prices by 10%. Bearing in mind the £580 for the Eflite comes with an £80 receive and the Freewing 90mm F 16 will almost cost the same without any receiver
                              I am also interested in the 80mm Eflite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tigerman View Post
                                So I wonder how the Freewing High Performance 90mm F16 compares to the new Eflite 80mm F 16
                                Could be interesting. I never flown either but my vote goes to the Eflite 80mm F16 now Motion RC have increased there prices by 10%. Bearing in mind the £580 for the Eflite comes with an £80 receive and the Freewing 90mm F 16 will almost cost the same without any receiver
                                Just take a look at RC Informers grass take-offs and that should tell you what you need to know. Both the E-Flite F-16 and the MRC F-16 are almost the exact same weight, yet the E-Flight has a smaller wing area and a few inches shorter. Oh, and an 80 mm fan vs the 90 mm fan. Maybe I'm missing something, but guess I'm spoiled with my MRC F-16 with the 12 blade inrunner. 100' for take-off ON GRASS, and that's with a heavy 8100 mah battery giving me 5 minutes of flight time and flying with all the ordinance. It's not as great as an 8S, but for a 6S it's pretty special, with outstanding vertical even with a brick for a battery. This is the only airframe that flies just as well with an 8100 mah battery and a lighter 6000 mah. Rich had to finally go to a 5000 mah battery to get the E-Flite up. But that's just me, if someone would send me one for free to try out, no problemo, it will be the best EDF I've ever flown!
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

The F-16, pretty much in any size, doesn't land how you think it will. I have had 50mm, 64mm, 70mm and now the 90mm version... (there will be an 80mm in there soon soon thanks to Eflite/FMS) Every single one of those planes do the exact same thing on landings!! If you try to land them like a regular warbird or any other plane for that matter it will go whizzing by you at high speed and bounce like crazy or tip and make you look like a complete novice! Just land the plane how it wants to and things will be fine. You need to get the plane in a high alpha attitude, hold it there with the elevator, use ailerons to control roll and then use throttle to control your sink rate. Its usually best not to flare it also... just fly it to the ground and it will be fine. Another thing I have done is just spend an entire battery working the landing pattern. Leave the gear down and just get used to what it does in landing configuration. Starting up pretty high and then working my way down to the actual landing itself. Learning to land this plane actually helped me with the F-104 as well since it lands the same...
                                  That makes sense, I had actually thought about flying it in landing configuration that time, but my ego took command and overruled sense. next tr out, and also maiden of the 104 will be done this way to figure out what they want on landing

Comment

• With the F-104 my only caution is getting it too slow on approach. Both the flaps and airbrakes work well and can slow you down quickly. If you use them you will need more throttle than other planes to stay flying. It flies surprisingly well otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

That makes sense, I had actually thought about flying it in landing configuration that time, but my ego took command and overruled sense. next tr out, and also maiden of the 104 will be done this way to figure out what they want on landing
                                      its all good been there done that... Just set up a flight to do landing practice only and you should be good. the key to it is not getting on the elevator too much. Let it's weight and the throttle do the work for you. Once you get used to what it will do you will see when you can feed in more elevator to flare or aerobrake etc... it take practice though!

I think that the new F-104 will be easier to fly with the new 9 blade set up being so much lighter than the original which helps with CG and overall weight. Same thing apply to that one as well. Just always be ready on the throttle and don't let it get too slow.
                                      Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I put the 3748-1750kV outrunner 9B in mine and it is a great improvement.

Comment

• Probably just use the airbrakes when I touch down, at least at first. My f86, I use them on final now, would have been pretty cool if they could have added them to the f16, but do understand why it wasn't done, being a clam shell operation and all.

Comment

Working...
                                          X