X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    I put the 3748-1750kV outrunner 9B in mine and it is a great improvement.
    yeah my buddy did that as well. I want the inrunner though because its got even more punch....
    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• So has anyone been able to compare the 2 F 16 yet to see which one comes out on top ( Eflite 80mm /Freewing 90 mm). I expect it will come down to personnel preference. Think which ever one you buy will be a winner. I am waiting on some more reports on the Eflite 80mm before I decide. All I know is I want a 80mm/90mm F 16 soon, 😊

Comment

• I need to get a better run with my 90mm. I know it has more speed in it, I just haven't got a decent pass with it yet.

Comment

• Tigerman, No one unbiased has the EFLite.

Comment

• H Guys,

Are there any Mods needed on the Freewing F16 90mm for grass runways like I've seen you have to do on the F14 ?

cheers 👍

Comment

• It should be fine as is, mine flew off the grass quite well

Comment

• If the f16 flys as well as the eflite phantom does, it should be an excellent plane as well. Only downside to eflite is they love to quickly discontinue planes within minutes after they release them.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                  Only downside to eflite is they love to quickly discontinue planes within minutes after they release them.
                  Boy isn't that the truth. "E-flite: Not Discontinued Yet? Give It A Minute."

My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Protos View Post
                    H Guys,

Are there any Mods needed on the Freewing F16 90mm for grass runways like I've seen you have to do on the F14 ?

cheers 👍
                    Fly mine off grass and you don't really need any modifications. With that said, there are a couple that may help it on grass if you are so inclined. First off, I'm using the 12 blade inrunner instead of the 9 blade it comes with, which may give it a little extra push on the take-off run (but again, not a requirement). Secondly, I programmed flaperons (others have used spoilerons instead) to shorten the take-off run. The manual even gives you a wiring setup if you decide to do flaperons and all that is required is a 6 channel RX. One last thing I did was changed the stock nose wheel from a 1 3/4" (I think) to a Hangar Nine 2" Pro Lite wheel. Required just a bit of grinding on the strut for it to rotate freely and a modification of the nose gear door. You can do without all of these and it will get off just fine. However, with these modifications mine get's off in less than 100 feet and I'm using an 8100 mah SMC battery weighing about 920 gr, so the mods for me were a bit helpful.
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Thanks for the Information Hugh. Hopefully I might get round to the test flight today then , I'll see what happens with the Gripen first, I was so excited to pull off a successful landing on the first flight I forgot to steer it on the run out and fell off the edge of the runway 😣 she's all fixed now though and ready for round two 👍

Comment

• Hey Hugh, Im interested in you using the SMC battery and your GC and flight times. I just pressed the button and got one of the blemished ones in the ARF+ version and will repaint to thr YF-16 scheme. Mine will have a Schubie with a 1680kv motor, raffle prize.......from last years Jet Jam. I bought two of those SMC when he first offered so to try in the A10 but now it looks like they have a second ride to fit in. I went with the 1680 as a mild 6s and if i wanted to go 8s, no changes would be needed in the power system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tigerman View Post
                          So has anyone been able to compare the 2 F 16 yet to see which one comes out on top ( Eflite 80mm /Freewing 90 mm). I expect it will come down to personnel preference. Think which ever one you buy will be a winner. I am waiting on some more reports on the Eflite 80mm before I decide. All I know is I want a 80mm/90mm F 16 soon, 😊
                          I plan to get it as well. I have the 90mm F-16 and actually love the plane! Its an older model though so it will be hard to compare it to the new Eflite because of all the improvements that have come about over time. When the new Eflite comes out I will have 3 F-16s... 70mm Freewing, 80mm Eflite and then the 90mm Freewing. I have also had 50mm versions and the 64mm versions as well...
                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Get 'em while they're hot!

Click image for larger version

Name:	800.jpg
Views:	805
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	314113
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what other model shares the same wing spares as this model? Motion Doesn’t seem to have them for sell under their spare parts section.

Comment

• Well, been a while since I put one together that I didn’t realize until a few days ago that the front wing spare is 2 small ones. Still find it odd that motion doesn’t sell these separately.

Comment

• I'm thinking I might just end up gluing my nosecone to the f16. I lost mine in a blackmore, never to be seen again. Just glad I got an extra

Comment

• Well I just went ahead and glued it on. Just feels too loose to me

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                                      Well I just went ahead and glued it on. Just feels too loose to me
                                      Maybe a little late, but I've also found several of my aircraft that either the nose cone or canopy hatches just didn't "grab" on tight enough for my liking. The magnets they use are not very strong, so I went to K&J Magnetics (kjmagnetics.com) and ordered all kinds of their "rare earth" (whatever the hell that is) magnets in various shapes and sizes and replaced/added them where needed. All I did was "inlay" them in on both sides, epoxy them in, and now they hold like crazy. Worked great on the nose sections of the B-24 after adding the extra weight of a gunner and servo, as before, any slight bump landing the thing would fall off. On the F-16, since I made like 5 different nose cones to go with 4 different tails, added them to the body of the fuselage and into each nose cone. On the K&J website it lists the "strength" of each so you can pick the ones you need. Compared to the stock magnets, it's night and day.
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Yeah I had already glued it on. It's all good though

Comment

• What I found to be the problem on most of my EDF jets, the magnets were installed backwards, my one A-4 was really bad, it had two installed backwards on the avionics hump, lucky I caught it before I lost it in flight, I've had 5 of the F-16's and even though they seem loose, I never lost one, looks like you took care of the problem anyway...

Comment

Working...
                                          X