X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing 64mm EDF F-22 Raptor Thread

Welcome to the official message thread for the 64mm Freewing F-22 Raptor. Please post any questions or comments for our community. Also, we would love to see your photos and videos of this fun to fly, modern military fighter.

Having difficulty getting CG with 4s battery. With battery all the way back, still taiil heavy. Using Admiral 4s 2200. Does anyone have suggestions?

Comment

Re: Freewing F-22 4S

If it's all the way back & still tail heavy, either move it forward or add weight to the nose, eg larger (heaver) lipo. Or both.

Oh, one other thing to check -- don't know how this particular bird is done, but be sure you're balancing inverted if the wing position calls for it. Generally, that's done with warbird types (low & some mid-winged planes). Should be specified in the manual.

Comment

I said tail heavy, but meant nose heavy. Thinking will have to remove foam or add tail weight, which i really dont want to do. This is the recommended battery for this plane and i am balancing upside down.

Comment

<i>"...meant nose heavy" </i>
          Well that's a bird of a completely different cruller. <smiley image="smiley_grin.gif"/>

Comment

Yea, I have emailed Alpha at MRC and he was going to look into for me. Know he is pretty busy and just thought I would reach out this way. My mind was thinking one thing and typing another, thats what happens to us old 21 year USAF vets.. ha.. <smiley image="anim_confused.gif"/>

Comment

Yeah, happens to us old Marines too. Don't worry, it only gets worse with time. *LMAO*

One plus tho....the farther rearward you can attach the weight, the less it takes.
              Didn't know Archimedes personally, but I did read his book. <smiley image="smiley_wink.gif"/>

Comment

RE: Freewing F-22 4S

Hi Ken. I'm setting up an F 22 also with the admiral 2500, 50c pro and am having the same prob. I found with that bat it's taking about 3oz right at the end of the verticle stabilizers. This give a slow nose drop, which is what I feel good with on a new bird. For the maiden I will probably r t v the weight on at first, then recess the fuse, cement the weight in and paint if all goes good. If not, make adjustments. Being on top between the stabs, it's not too noticeable. If you come up with some ideas, let me know. Oh ya that brain thing happens to us Army infantry guys too, LOL.

Comment

I'll always look at carving foam to move the battery first... No big deal to carve a bit of foam.

I carved a completely different battery location into an Art-Tech F-18, moving the battery from in front of the nose-gear to behind it. That modification and a couple other "little" changes and I ended up same RTF weight with a 2000 mah 3S as the OEM 900 mah 3S and corrected the CG.

I hate adding "dead lead" ballast if I can do anything to avoid it.

And I look up reviews to see if the instructions actually give the right CG location (which some makers are better at than others)

Inadequate pics of the model on the MotionRC website to say exactly what carving might work on this model... But these EPO models almost always have plenty of foam that can be carved out.
                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Ken,

I Have this plane and have my battery all the way back in the bay. Make sure you have your receiver out of the battery bay and put it forward of the nose gear with some extensions and you can put the battery back another 1/2 inch which makes the difference for my plane. I also added some FOD screens on the two intakes and made two cheater holes on the sides to make up for any air restriction from the front screens. I epoxied them down from the outside edges and painted that edge white where the screen is.

The plane flies great and I repainted mine with a red and white Swiss color scheme. Now I can see the damn thing on cloudy days.

Nick

Comment

Do you have a picture of your "Swiss F-22", Nick? I've never seen one in red and white colors, I'm sure visibility is great for you!
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Here is a picture of my new color scheme.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks neat, easily visible in the sky, I'm sure! I wonder if these Swiss decals would fit. Probably a little on the larger side, but they might complete the Swiss look nicely:

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-80mm-f-5e-decal-sheet-swiss/
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Nick1956
                            Here is a picture of my new color scheme.
                            Looks good!

Comment

Thanks Alpha
                              They will be perfect

Comment

I haven't flown mine in a while due to a faulty esc. I got it swapped out on saturday and then flew for it on sunday!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

just brought a f22 3cell, started doing some testing before flight and it just stopped working, dunno if it's the battery or not. I go full power and it wont do anything. ordered a new battery to see it that was the problem.

Comment

I am considering buying the Freewing F-22 Raptor high performance 4S 64mm. I find it of interest because it would utilize a number of the batteries I have on hand. Have any of you used 3S batteries in the 4S version? I do have several 4S in the 2200mAh size, but it would be nice to get some extra time in the air when at the field with a good 3S. Any ideas or concerns? Thanks

Comment

I tried it with a 3s and there was barely enough power to get it off the ground. Peace.

Comment

I am puffing batteries, after about the 7th flight. Timer set for 3 mins.. using the orange pro pack admiral 22004s 60c.. I'm wondering what I could do to use 5s packs

Comment

Working...
                                        X