ID:	258371Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4523.jpg
Views:	1116
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	258369Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4522.jpg
Views:	1091
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	258370 My rendition of the 334th Fighter Squadron "Fighting Eagles" F-86. My Father was flying the F-86 in Korea when I was 1yr. old (1953)

Comment

• Originally posted by Amjet View Post
      My rendition of the 334th Fighter Squadron "Fighting Eagles" F-86. My Father was flying the F-86 in Korea when I was 1yr. old (1953)
      AJ, Great work on your Sabre, Sir. I thank your father, you, and your family for his service. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• my f86 has been flown 100's of times,,,probably my first or second edf...landed the other day and one flap would not come up it just shuddered and was stuck like it had a broken tooth on the servo gear,, ordered two digital metal gear servos from motion and installed them today ,, anyone know where I can pick up some silver tape to cover up the wires? hardest part of the repair is putting the wing wires into the fuse plugs,,,why did they make them so damn short lol

Comment

My rendition of the 334th Fighter Squadron "Fighting Eagles" F-86. My Father was flying the F-86 in Korea when I was 1yr. old (1953)
          Amjet, Did you get your 334th FG Markings from Callie Graphics? Best, LB
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4425.JPG
Views:	1051
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	259586
            Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Amjet, Did you get your 334th FG Markings from Callie Graphics? Best, LB
            I found them by googling 334th Fighter Squadron. Then I made my own waterslide decals. Thank you for your kind words on post 702.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4425.JPG
Views:	1051
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	259586

I found them by googling 334th Fighter Squadron. Then I made my own waterslide decals. Thank you for your kind words on post 702.
              AJ, Thank you. Yes, I am using that site for some of my research. Reading and browsing their site convinced me all the more to do either Jabara's or McConnell's Sabre. Again, excellent work on your tribute Sabre. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Need some info from all you tec wizards .I have a F86 with the 3530-1680 outrunner 80mm motor installed (the basic model ) I also have or did have a FMS hawk with a 3270-1930 inrunner 80mm motor .Alas the FMS Hawk is no more .So I thought I would install the Fms Hawk's inrunner motor into the F86 and take out the F86 outrunner motor .Question if I install the FMS 3270-1930 inrunner into my F86 Sabre and take out the outrunner motor will I get more power from installing the FMS Hawk inrunner motor into my F86 ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                  Need some info from all you tec wizards .I have a F86 with the 3530-1680 outrunner 80mm motor installed (the basic model ) I also have or did have a FMS hawk with a 3270-1930 inrunner 80mm motor .Alas the FMS Hawk is no more .So I thought I would install the Fms Hawk's inrunner motor into the F86 and take out the F86 outrunner motor .Question if I install the FMS 3270-1930 inrunner into my F86 Sabre and take out the outrunner motor will I get more power from installing the FMS Hawk inrunner motor into my F86 ?
                  My guess is yes, but technically I don't know 😁

If you have a watt meter you can find out yourself.
                  I threw in the FMS 80mm 12 blade 3280-2100kv in my F-86 and was rewarded with more power and longer flight times.

So if you are using the FMS inrunner and the FMS fan, I think you can expect similar results. If you are adapting the FMS inrunner to the FW fan, your guess as good as mine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                    my f86 has been flown 100's of times,,,probably my first or second edf...landed the other day and one flap would not come up it just shuddered and was stuck like it had a broken tooth on the servo gear,, ordered two digital metal gear servos from motion and installed them today ,, anyone know where I can pick up some silver tape to cover up the wires? hardest part of the repair is putting the wing wires into the fuse plugs,,,why did they make them so damn short lol
                    Amazon aluminum colored vynil is the best quick patch up covering. Actually, didn’t you wrap your plane in clear vynil? If so, then you know the benefits.

On the flap servos, they are not the best... I have had them go bad every single time any sort of impact occurs. Like gear coming unglued... they’re 9g and plastic geared, meant to move the largest flight surface on the plane. I finally just used spares metal gear 17g servos from cannibalized 90mm Jets. I also swapped all control linkage to the ball link connections to eliminate the slop that had developed over time.

Oracal 651 Glossy Permanent Vinyl 12 Inch x 6 Feet - Metallic Silver Grey https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY17NOG..._NHo-EbH8D6K3J

Comment

• I never wrapped. My f86. But very impressed by whoever did.

Comment

• c17 got that vynal today, tore off old scotch tape etc, because u cut the roll of tape to size the bottom of the wing looks almost new thanks for the tip

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                          I finally got mine together. It is wrapped with Oracal 751 vinyl film and lettered with decals from Callie. With a little luck I'll maiden this weekend.
                          Sorry Ron... I looked back and found the post I was referencing. Time flies! Almost two years ago when I stole the idea from wvrailfan. I had used it before on a small scale, but now i use vinyl on almost every plane I repair or give a makeover.

You can use an iron, preferably a monocote iron, on LOW HEAT to get rid of all the imperfections. It covers holes, servo lead channels, and about anything you want covered. When the iron heats it the vinyl tightens up like a drum. You can paint it however you like afterwards...

Comment

• Here is some examples of what I was trying to explain... the first pic is of a F-15 I am almost done refinishing. The second pic is a wrecked wing, but it shows the open areas that are easily covered.

Then that's my F-22 I crashed flying when it was too dark. The only park I had to buy was nose gear doors. One of them broke. The entire top of the stab now is covered in vinyl. Also, you can see where I repaired the forward section of the bottom that elevator. It's much stronger than before...

Here is the crash

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5620.jpg
Views:	852
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	262965Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5621.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	262966Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2853.JPG
Views:	817
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	262970Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5617.JPG
Views:	796
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	262969Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5618.JPG
Views:	847
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	262968Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5619.JPG
Views:	812
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	262967

Comment

• Hey guys.... I had the first version of the F-86 and just got the new HP version.... anyone noticed any change of battery placement to get CG correct. I’m using the Admiral 4000s 60C and seem to be tail heavy, wondering if I’m measuring wrong because the first version you had to slam the battery back???

Comment

• Just bought my #2 as I couldn't live without her in my hanger ! My packs are sitting way back over the ESC just as they were in #1. I noted that strangely this model flies worse nose heavy than it does a little tail heavy. The "tail sit" test still works !

Comment

• A quick edit of one my pal's F-86 flights this AM. He really flies this one nicely IMO. What a great sounding EDF jet! :cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                                    A quick edit of one my pal's F-86 flights this AM. He really flies this one nicely IMO. What a great sounding EDF jet! :cool:

Very well done all around.

Comment

• Very cool jon!!

Comment

• those landings were perfect!

Comment

• Some mods i made to my sabre ..scale nose strut and larger tire...larger main tires...reshaped exhaust exit..re shaped stabs (tips...and reduced in chord)
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X