First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

I've been happy with Tamyia X11 Chrome Silver...Not a perfect match, but I don't think people have noticed my touch up with it.
      I'll give it a try. Thanks

Comment

• It was my first jet, and I feel like it was a great choice. Very easy flier, and landings are a breeze. I still fly mine all the time. I just painted mine a solid gloss silver. I haven’t figured out the livery yet...

Comment

• Originally posted by C17loadmaster View Post
          It was my first jet, and I feel like it was a great choice. Very easy flier, and landings are a breeze. I still fly mine all the time. I just painted mine a solid gloss silver. I haven’t figured out the livery yet...
          I was going to grab a high performance variant and do a USAF Skyblazers scheme on it

Comment

• Thanks for the recommendations guys. I'm leaning toward the Freewing 80mm Inrunner. Notice that some in this thread mention changing to slightly larger wheels, but no info on what fits without carving up the plane

Comment

• Originally posted by Vextren View Post

I was going to grab a high performance variant and do a USAF Skyblazers scheme on it
              Callie has the graphics for the Skyblazers. I used them to finish mine.

Attached Files

Comment

• Waconut Callie does? I have been checking there but I do not see it listed.

Comment

• Elbee
                  Elbee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  VT, I think Callie does a good job of 'protecting' an individual customers requests for "custom designs". It could be that Waconut's livery was considered custom or if she's just so busy, that updating her website isn't a priority right now. In any event, I am sure if you tell her what you want and which airframe you have, she will accommodate you. Best, LB

Waconut Callie does? I have been checking there but I do not see it listed.
                Best bet is to just email Callie and request the same exact graphics. Maybe use Waconut scheme as a reference..

Comment

Waconut Callie does? I have been checking there but I do not see it listed.
                  ElbeeBeeg are correct. She has the graphics on file. I contacted her and she said she already had them on file but not listed on her site. She does not include the stripes. I had her do those for me as well so if you want the stripes be sure to request those as well.
                  Good Luck and enjoy the plane.
                  Anthony

Comment

• Waconut Ahhh I see, i am going to do it a bit down the line. I am getting the SU35 next for sure, I appreciate yall pitching in the information!

Comment

• I know this is the F-86 site, but I’ll ask anyway.

Freewing F-86 verses T-33 - if you had a choice, which would you choose as your first (and only) jet?

Comment

• Hey TOA, I don't own either one; however, I am going to buy the F-86 next only because I think it is both definitive and pivotal of an era in jet aviation for the US Air Force. I have no clue which flies better or is easier to fly as a first and only EDF, but the reviews for the upgraded version look promising. Best, LB
                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
                          I know this is the F-86 site, but I’ll ask anyway.

Freewing F-86 verses T-33 - if you had a choice, which would you choose as your first (and only) jet?
                          I am no expert and far from it. I bought the F-86 over the T-33 just because I like the looks of the F-86 better. From the reading I have done and the video’s I have watched they both appear to be decent entry to mid level jets. I have yet to fly a EDF jet but I now own 5 and all are Freewing. I have the F-86, A-10, F-4, F-18 and Avanti. I decided to buy the Avanti to fly before the military jets.
                          I don’t know what your experience level is in R/C so it is up for you to decide. I would buy whichever one captures your interest the most. I will say the F-86 is a pretty basic jet no bells and whistles. I did buy the latest upgraded version and it seems to have plenty of power.

Comment

That's a tough choice, both fly very well. That's a buy them both sort of deal. :)

Comment

This is a most definitely buy them both answer. If the question was a first and (not only) jet, the F-86 hands down. Both fly incredible, but the F-86 has more forgiving flight and stall characteristics over the T-33. It's also more forgiving in a minor crash, and can fly much slower, so if you're a newbie, and if this is your first jet then....I'd suggest the F-86.

However if this question was a one and only jet, then the T-33. Due to it's higher performance, still amazing flight characteristics, scale fidelity, and power setups efficiency. Although an easy jet too fly, it's no where near as easy or forgiving in flight or while landing as the F-86. Properly balanced, the F-86 will literally land itself.

Both are excellently priced, compared to other simular edf jets, so to me this is a noooooo brainer. Buy both, cut your teeth on the F-86, and then show off your airshow skills with the T-33.

P.S. I have both and love both, I've had the F-86 since 2015, I've got I've got more flights on her than any other bird in my hangar!

Comment

• TheoldALFER,

One more thing... if you think you can just buy a modern EDF, fly it, and not buy another.... you must be Superman! I know I couldn't, once that EDF jet smile gets painted across your face, you'll be hooked.... you've been forewarned my friend...

Comment

• Thanks guys for your answers.

Phantom, surely I am not Superman! I realize that sometimes it’s hard to resist the “itch” for purchasing “just one more“ for the fleet. That’s probably why I have two E-Flight P-39’s and two Freewing F7F Tigercats... and a B-17, B-24, F8F, U-2, Aeronca Champ...
                                  Will you get the idea.
                                  Love this Hobby (obsession )

Comment

Thanks guys for your answers.

Phantom, surely I am not Superman! I realize that sometimes it’s hard to resist the “itch” for purchasing “just one more“ for the fleet. That’s probably why I have two E-Flight P-39’s and two Freewing F7F Tigercats... and a B-17, B-24, F8F, U-2, Aeronca Champ...
                                    Will you get the idea.
                                    Love this Hobby (obsession )

TheoldALFER,
                                    If you are surely set on just getting one, atleast for now, then get the T-33. If you're screaming around with a couple of F7F Kittens then you've definitely got the skills for EDF's, and don't need the cut your teeth on the F-86.

Comment

• Sold my 2016 era F-86 last year and have always regretted it, was certainly my go to EDF for casual flying. Am flying six of the larger F/W jets including the T-33 and was looking at the new Arrows Mig but for the same price I could not pass up getting a new F-86 so she arrives today ! This one is going to be in the attached RCAF livery for which Callie has been chosen. As much as the T-33 is a very honest flyer the sheer relaxed way you can haul the F-86 around without her biting you Click image for larger version  Name:	RCAF F865.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.6 KB ID:	257144 has never been beaten.

Comment

• Alpha

Can I use any other freewing retract types as a drop-in alternative for F-86 nose and main gears. The main gears are wobbly and the nose gear collapses with less than perfect landings specially on the grass. Can I use the retracts used in T33 or Stinger 90 or any other freeing retracts in F-86? Are the dimensions and bolt patterns of freewing retracts the same? The only thing I do not like about F-86 is its landing gear.

Thanks,

Hassan

Comment

Working...
                                        X