X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swo3stitch View Post
    That's why I asked the ?. Seemed rather redundant to have two gyros. Almost all my a/c run the 600SP and it does a good job. Only reason I referred to the A3-L as a "flight controller" is that's what's on the front of it. Appreciate the feedback.
    It's not only redundant, but can have disastrous consequences. It's dangerous to have a gyro controlled signal going into another gyro device that will impart a second gyro control. I think HE uses a bit of "poetic license" when they call it a flight controller but most people know what it means.

Comment

• Grass OPS

Flew my F86 yesterday 20 sep 2021, grass as short as possible on a warm day.
      Flew great and a joy to fly, without and with tanks installed.

Today 21 sep 2021 evening around 17Hr, used my heavier RHINO lipo just came into the air.
      A bit later dawn is already coming in and not able to take off any more.
      I had my FW T33 with me also, so flew with it, no issues getting airborne.

Well what the difference between models, the T33 has bigger main wheels (68mm to 50mm and I already used 56mm wheels I had lying around).
      So for grass ops I think I will need to install the bigger main wheels of the T33 on my F86......

Grts Hans

ps I installed mesh in my front gear, I noticed A lot of air is sucked in there, loose grass is fallen out when I stop my motor

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7230.JPG
Views:	719
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	325201Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7229.JPG
Views:	817
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	325200

Comment

• Elbee
        Elbee commented
        Editing a comment
        TB, Great report. Good lookin' Sabre Best, LB

• I recently acquired the 80mm version where the nose gear and area was torn out.
      I purchased the plastic parts kit as well as the retract and strut units.
      I'm trying to see what the forward part of the gear door attaches to. The diagram in the instructions shows the pins fit into a plastic bracket which I don't have. Was this part of the fuselage or maybe a different version nose gear mount? Could someone post a picture of their gear door. Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

• You're missing a piece.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3967.JPG
Views:	686
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	326501

Comment

• Originally posted by vortex00 View Post
          I recently acquired the 80mm version where the nose gear and area was torn out.
          I purchased the plastic parts kit as well as the retract and strut units.
          I'm trying to see what the forward part of the gear door attaches to. The diagram in the instructions shows the pins fit into a plastic bracket which I don't have. Was this part of the fuselage or maybe a different version nose gear mount? Could someone post a picture of their gear door. Thanks
          That nose gear mount looks to be 3d printed, that's why it's different

Comment

• And looks like a large chunk of foam is cut away as well

Comment

• Ok, that's what I needed. I am missing a piece. Surprised it was not included in the plastic parts bag. I will see what I can do for a workaround to attach the doors.
              yes, I trimmed the damaged foam away to replace it all.
              Thanks all

Comment

• I'm loving my F-86...just installed the 1835kv in-runner for a little more power...Plane flies very good with he stock power , but.......... Aside from wanting a LARGER '86, the only thing I would like to do is install slightly larger wheels. I fly off grass and even though it's kept like a golf course I wish the wheels were bigger. Has anyone found a good set of wheels that are bigger but will still fit into the wheel wells when retracted?
                Bill

Indy Damnbeenie

Indy Damnbeenie

Comment

• Yeah I have a 90mm f86, they both fly surprisingly similar. Smooth as can be

Comment

• Originally posted by billd3 View Post

I'm loving my F-86...just installed the 1835kv in-runner for a little more power...Plane flies very good with he stock power , but.......... Aside from wanting a LARGER '86, the only thing I would like to do is install slightly larger wheels. I fly off grass and even though it's kept like a golf course I wish the wheels were bigger. Has anyone found a good set of wheels that are bigger but will still fit into the wheel wells when retracted?
                    Bill

Indy Damnbeenie

See my post number 830 for bigger wheels, minor mod to wells required, size is limited by the plastic wing securing bolt holder

Comment

• Haven't gone through all the previous pages so maybe has been covered already...has anyone opened up any of the gun ports for additional cooling?

Comment

• Originally posted by swo3stitch View Post
                        Haven't gone through all the previous pages so maybe has been covered already...has anyone opened up any of the gun ports for additional cooling?
                        Yes Swo3stitch See my post numbers 751 and 757 on pg 38

Comment

• Just picked up this little guy from a flying friend. Its the older 6s outrunner version, ill take it out and see if i like it or not. If i think its sluggish, from reading i guess ill go to a 12b 2100kv 100amp setup ive had my eye on it for awhile now. He got tired of reglueing and gixing the landing gear every other time it landed. softly or hard supposedly it didnt care, and always tore out the main gear. . Click image for larger version  Name:	20220228_154648.jpg Views:	1 Size:	166.5 KB ID:	338714

Comment

• ob1 i installed the flightline hp 1920 fan and fly it off grass with no problem its really a powerfull 9b fan

Comment

• my older f86 had to have the battery (admiral 4000 6s) back over the esc to make the sit test work right...my new hp version useing the same batteries sit about a inch in front of the esc... not sure if its a lighter fan and motor or lighter fuse but it flys great after the mains pull out on landing and i gorilla glue them back in...seems they never come loose when i tug on them just when it lands lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                                my older f86 had to have the battery (admiral 4000 6s) back over the esc to make the sit test work right...my new hp version useing the same batteries sit about a inch in front of the esc... not sure if its a lighter fan and motor or lighter fuse but it flys great after the mains pull out on landing and i gorilla glue them back in...seems they never come loose when i tug on them just when it lands lol
                                Yeah mine is the same way. I can yank on them as hard as I want but a feather touch landing and YANK! Out they come. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

Yeah mine is the same way. I can yank on them as hard as I want but a feather touch landing and YANK! Out they come. Lol
                                  The back box plastic has a lot of fresh air gaps fresh air gaps and therefore little contact area with the epo, i replaced the thin plastic decorative cover with ply glued to the back box and surrounding epo to distribute the load over a wider area, Post 830 pg 42.. Not had a problem since. Ideally traililng link oleos similar to Avanti would also help. Avanti oleos are too long for F86 .but I have not checked sizes of others but 90 to 95mm with appropriate length of peg might work. work.

Comment

• Oh heck yeah I might get some CF and start cutting some reinforcement plates, the CF works wonders on the F14

Comment

• i added some wing fences today to aid in a slower stall speed. The ol onterwebs show the older versions f86 use to have them so i figured why not. made them from an old credit card placed as close to a factory setting i could find on google, sanded it to my liking and a little silver paint. looks like they were suppose to be there. ill test it in the morning to see if it makes any difference.
                                      Click image for larger version  Name:	20220303_164934.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.8 KB ID:	338890Click image for larger version  Name:	20220303_164926.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.8 KB ID:	338891 RIFLEMAN, thats actually a good idea, if i tear the gear out, i think ill go that route. i have plenty of ultra light carbon material in my shop that i use to repair a few fiberglass planes.

Comment

• Where is everyone placing their receiver in the F-86?

Comment

Working...
                                        X