Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, I want to do one. Before I do but still my other Scale Details for the T-45 finished. On the pictures you can already see a lot.

RuckyPlex ;-)

Google Translate
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Rucky View Post
      Hello, I want to do one. Before I do but still my other Scale Details for the T-45 finished. On the pictures you can already see a lot.

RuckyPlex ;-)

Google Translate
      These little details ROCK!. Are the available for 3D printing?
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post

These little details ROCK!. Are the available for 3D printing?
        Hello the parts will be available soon. I would like to redo the nitrogen lid lock, because the SuperScale ;-) are very careful to handle.

RuckyPlex;-)

Google Translate

Comment

• EA -6B Geek - Thanks for the information on the "pod"

Rucky - Great details......let us know when the 3D prints are available.

Comment

• Hello, I'm done with the 3D parts for the T-45 now. The RAM is still in beta and it will probably stay that way
            Download the files for the 3D printed Freewing T-45 Scale Details by rucky Plex;)

Comment

• Originally posted by amgsky1 View Post
              Has any one fabricated a 3D print of a Shared Reconnaissance (SHARP) pod?
              Hello as I mentioned, I did a POD
              Download the files for the 3D printed Freewing T-45 Goshawk POD by rucky Plex;)

Comment

• Thanks Rucky! Looks Great!

Comment

• Originally posted by amgsky1 View Post
                  Thanks Rucky! Looks Great!
                  Thank you very much

Comment

• Hi guys,
                    I am finally building my T45 and would like to know if anyone else has issues with the wing saddle lining up with the fuselage? It appears the jet intakes do not want to line up with the wing and it feels to me that force is needed to get this in place. I really do not like the amount of stress these parts are under. The wings halve did not line up together easily either. This is my third Freewing jet and so far, not happy with the fit and finish. MRC has helped me with some bad parts they are awesome! but I sure hope this can be resolved without major rework.

Do you have any suggestions on this issue? I really appreciate any help.

Comment

• Hmm, can you give us a picture of what you mean about the intakes not lining up? I have built 3 so far and none of mine had this issue, but I did have to move the wing around a little to get those plastic fuselage male thread inserts to line up the female wing plastic inserts to fit into each other, they need a little wiggle to get everything to line up right, everything should pull together when you tighten the middle screws, if those inserts don't pop into each other then the wing won't snug up to the fuselage saddle, all mine had a little gap but never an issue while flying. Hope I helped you and not confused you?

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post
                        Hmm, can you give us a picture of what you mean about the intakes not lining up? I have built 3 so far and none of mine had this issue, but I did have to move the wing around a little to get those plastic fuselage male thread inserts to line up the female wing plastic inserts to fit into each other, they need a little wiggle to get everything to line up right, everything should pull together when you tighten the middle screws, if those inserts don't pop into each other then the wing won't snug up to the fuselage saddle, all mine had a little gap but never an issue while flying. Hope I helped you and not confused you?
                        Hi
                        Yes, this is very helpful and I have been looking for things that are preventing the wind from sitting flat. Yes the plastic inserts seem to pop when you get them in place. But the do not stay down in position and require to keep pushing them down. (I do not like the stress) I have three photos one showing the front and the back of the wind. The back is in place but the front will not stay down. I put a photo of the horizonal stab, is the spar mold look okay.. the foam is not cast very well. (no I have not glued the cheater plastic plate on yet.

thanks for trying to help
                        Rich

Comment

• Looks good, did you put the middle screws in yet and tighten them down and see what it does?? You should have 6 screws that hold the wing on, and are the front screws already screwed down in your picture?, if nothing is tightened yet then it all looks good to me, it will pull the wing into the saddle once you tighten it all up, I install all the screws first and lightly tighten them , then I tighten down the smaller long middle screws, then move onto the front and back in a criss cross pattern front to back, that way it tightens down evenly. I don't see a problem with your stab spar, mine were all the same, the spar is handling the load and not the foam in that area. You can call me if you want at 559-230-9787 if you need more answers or if I can help in any way.

Darryl..........

Comment

Looks good, did you put the middle screws in yet and tighten them down and see what it does?? You should have 6 screws that hold the wing on, and are the front screws already screwed down in your picture?, if nothing is tightened yet then it all looks good to me, it will pull the wing into the saddle once you tighten it all up, I install all the screws first and lightly tighten them , then I tighten down the smaller long middle screws, then move onto the front and back in a criss cross pattern front to back, that way it tightens down evenly. I don't see a problem with your stab spar, mine were all the same, the spar is handling the load and not the foam in that area. You can call me if you want at 559-230-9787 if you need more answers or if I can help in any way.

Darryl..........
                            Hi Darryl

Okay, none of the screws were installed yet and wanted to see if this was normal before installing the wing down tight. the plastic wing mounting fittings kind of scare me a little and that's why I didn't want to have these under stress. it seems like these parts would be easy to strip out? I will do some touch up on the foam in the middle (light sanding) and then make the final assembly. Thank you for the support and offer for further assistance ! I really appreciate your information and follow up. I will post the final photos once I get back to working on the plane.

Rich

Comment

• Your welcome and when you tighten the screws make sure you have good phillips head that fits good, you will feel the screws tighten and then stop, at that point don't use to much muscle or you will strip them out I'm sure but I never have yet, on all mine there is a little gap at the wing saddle, it's not a perfect fit, I'm sure a person could work at it to get it nice and tight but it doesn't seem to be a problem so far, all three of mine were that way.

Comment

Your welcome and when you tighten the screws make sure you have good phillips head that fits good, you will feel the screws tighten and then stop, at that point don't use to much muscle or you will strip them out I'm sure but I never have yet, on all mine there is a little gap at the wing saddle, it's not a perfect fit, I'm sure a person could work at it to get it nice and tight but it doesn't seem to be a problem so far, all three of mine were that way.
                                So, I have this together now and the wing saddle it as good as I can get it.. take a look and let me know if this is normal. Also, can the wing slats be adjusted for deployment? I think one side travels more than the other distorting the leading edge.
                                Thanks in advance
                                Rich

Comment

• Well, looks good to me, the gap in the wing saddle seems to get better after a few landings, compresses I guess, also snug up the screws again after a few flights. As far as the slats goes, it's been awhile since I had mine out so I don't remember any adjustment other than moving the servo forward a little to not let the slat retract into the foam to much maybe?? don't remember on that, sorry.

Comment

Well, looks good to me, the gap in the wing saddle seems to get better after a few landings, compresses I guess, also snug up the screws again after a few flights. As far as the slats goes, it's been awhile since I had mine out so I don't remember any adjustment other than moving the servo forward a little to not let the slat retract into the foam to much maybe?? don't remember on that, sorry.
                                    Okay, thank you. I have checked out the wing slats and according to MRC there are no adjustments on travel. I ordered some replacement slats and will change out the ones in my plane.

All looks good at this point.
                                    Rich

Comment

• I am in the process of constructing a bomb pylon, the pylon is already finished. That's the way it should look like

Comment

• Rucky…...Looks Great......once again let us know when you post the 3D parts - TG

Comment

• Hello all:
                                          I just picked up one of these T-45's from a fellow club member. The plane has been thru a few different owners and is in need of some work. I need to touch up some of the orange/red paint. Has anyone had to do some touch up and if so what brand and what color of paint did you use?

Thanks,
                                          Ed

Comment

Working...
                                          X