Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden on the T-45 with the Upgraded 1835 Inrunner here in Salt Lake City!

Maiden on the T-45 with an upgraded 1835 inrunner from Freewing. See my other videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmOmmYD-3iSznBSKJJEc-vQ

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
      Maiden on the T-45 with the Upgraded 1835 Inrunner here in Salt Lake City!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/moti...615910?sfns=mo
      Nice job.

I really liked this one too, but have moved on to some turbine powered jets. MB339 and F16.

I still enjoy flying my EDF's

Rich

Comment

• Bought a nose gear retract. It has a stud in it with 2 flats. The gear has a longer stud with no flats. It has a groove in the top that would mean installing it in the retract with a “snap ring”. I don’t know how to install the gear like that. hELP!..

Comment

• How do you install the 4 “ white rod that trails the nose gear in the slot?

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFURCHE View Post
            How do you install the 4 “ white rod that trails the nose gear in the slot?
            Line up the round tabs along the track, insert and twist, locking the tabs in the slots.

Comment

• In answer to my post about the retract install, I figured out that you keep the one in the retract and remove the one from the gear!!

Comment

• Fred, you must have a freewing t45.... I am building a 2nd one from parts... where do the servos mount for the nose gear doors. 2nd question... do the 2 ply squares that hold the wing servo connections mount somewhere or just float...

thanks for the solution of the trailing support rod on front gear...

Comment

• Originally posted by EDFURCHE View Post
                  Fred, you must have a freewing t45.... I am building a 2nd one from parts... where do the servos mount for the nose gear doors. 2nd question... do the 2 ply squares that hold the wing servo connections mount somewhere or just float...

thanks for the solution of the trailing support rod on front gear...
                  I found some photos of my T45 gear. I hope this helps you

Attached Files

Comment

• I tried a regular servo arm for the steering. It isn’t working. I ordered the stop link but don’t see how that will be much different. It will allow the pushrod to point more horizontal toward the tiller arm. Wait and see.

Comment

• I did several experiments with and without slats for takeoff on rough grass. The slats worked better. Also, you need a healthy bit of up-elevator on the takeoff roll to get the nosewheel off the grass as soon as possible.
                      Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Has anyone changed the motor out to a 1750Kv and does anyone have a thrust number for this one ?I know the F-4 has this motor but the fan is a 9 blade unit .
                        Last edited by Darrellmims; Aug 1, 2020, 05:42 PM. Reason: added text /question

Comment

• Flew the T-45 today and it really flys well . I've got to do some adjusting on the expo ,got it way off . The new motor really hauls the plane around good. Take off was about 60 feet as compared to the old 1550 motor. which took 200 feet or more . It's a keeper !!

Comment

• Just been offered a Freewing Goshawk .hardly flown .Owner could not get on with EDF .Lucky me .He only wants $200 .It sounds like a bargain has is in good condition a few minor thing wrong but nothing drastic but is there any negative things I should now about this Goshawk .It is an early EDF from Freewing but for $200 it is tempting but never seen one fly so do not want to buy a white elephant .So what does it fly like etc

Comment

• For that price i don't think you can go wrong . Just replace the motor with a higher Kv, The original came with a 1550 kv and i installed a 1750 kv motor in mine as soon as it was unboxed . I still have the 1650 kv motor on my workbench . The 3748-1650 is what they come with now and I think it would do well but i had the F-4 motor and I like the power it has now .The plane flys well ,(it's not a Cub) but it does well as a Stinger or Avanti .I use the slats as well as the flaps on landing .

Comment

• Is the T-45 faster than the Avanti 80mm?

Comment

• I've never had them side by side flying ,but i'd say they would be close together in speed . Depends on the "C" rating on the batteries .

Comment

• My next project will be making this jet a ten cell ....

Battery compartments perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by Eytan View Post
                                      Is the T-45 faster than the Avanti 80mm?
                                      Nope on sixes it's slow and lacks verticals but it's very stable I say get the kit and go 8s or get a ten cell system but that's only me my idea of fast is fast I don't have the Avanti so I could be mistaken

Comment

• Hi I have just brought a second hand Freewing Goshawk .The retracts are pants Had a lot of trouble with the retracts .I do not think they are up to a grass runway .Thinking about taking off using the retracts and then belly it in on the grass but wonder if anyone else has belly the Goshawk in with the retracts up .II have taken the rear skip off but wonder if the aileron /flap servo would get damaged ????

Comment

• Does anyone know the size of the wheels? Want to install wheel brakes. TIA!

Comment

Working...
                                          X