Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm OK with removal of the slat system on V2. However, customers are getting less AND paying more. Shrinkflation + inflation! Well played MRC.

Comment

• MotionRC can you answer please... Regarding the new V2 that doesn't have the slat system - can I purchase a set of replacement wings without slats? The $72 wing set listed under spare parts appears to have slats. Perhaps the pic is wrong?

And I am wondering if the new wing without slats was re-engineered or strengthened at all - the LE of the wing had very little structure in front of the LG (because the slat system was there).
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Hit a patch of grass this morning on rollout after touchdown on pavement, first flight.
        granted was little rough grass. Had some major nose wheel damage, whole insert that holds the gear came out., gear doors, nose ect all bust.
        weakest link on this gear is the NOSE GEAR SUPPORT ARM (and yes it's sold out at Motion/RC)

The little studs that slide in the nose gear sliding rail do not support/prevent the gear from folding back at all, they'll just snap off.
        I drilled a hole through the broken arm and put a steel pin in it to repair it. (aluminum nail cut to size)

I supported it at the end with an aluminum block behind the arm to prevent the arm from coming back further once gear is down.
        See below. recommend anyone to do that, save yourself a pile of problems once the nose gear arm goes...gear will be gone.

T45 is ready to go again after nose gear support glued back in, arm, gear doors and nose repaired.

Next project >>> reverse thrust mod.

Click image for larger version  Name:	nose.jpg Views:	0 Size:	44.5 KB ID:	329199

Comment

• Interesting that Freewing now claim significant weight reduction by deleting the slat system resulting in better flight performance. I decided to go further and fit a much lighter EDF unit. To achieve correct cg,I removed both pilots which are actually quite heavy.Also modified main legs to give slightly nose up sit and moved trailing link arm so main wheels are closer to oleo.
          Model now weighs 7lbs with 5000ma pack and flight time is 4 mins. I fly off grass and model rotates after 200ft run in zero wind. Gluing in slats results in much stiffer wing with greatly improved roll rate due to reduced twisting of the wing.
          Flare and touchdown is now much more predictable due to the light weight whereas before the wing could stall suddenly in the flare resulting in nose down pitch.
          Maybe all this will be of interest to anyone flying off short grass strips as most of us do in UK

Comment

• I just purchased the new T-45 90mm version 2 plane. Is it necessary to have neutral position of the elevator 2-3 mm down on the initial flight. When I checked out the online manual, on page 14 it says to do that. The instruction manual that came with the plane on page 9 says nothing out that except in Chinese. Just wondering what you do on setup? Thanks, Richard

Comment

• Hi Richard,the down elevator setting will ensure level flight trim but I do not do this as the idea is to optimise rotation when taking off from a short grass strip. I would follow the manual if take off performance is not an issue

Comment

• Originally posted by buchst View Post
                Hi Richard,the down elevator setting will ensure level flight trim but I do not do this as the idea is to optimise rotation when taking off from a short grass strip. I would follow the manual if take off performance is not an issue
                OK, thanks. I did maiden yesterday off payment with 2 mm down in the elevator and it flew great. A couple of left clicks in the ailerons and the setup was perfect. great flying plane. Thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard63 View Post

OK, thanks. I did maiden yesterday off payment with 2 mm down in the elevator and it flew great. A couple of left clicks in the ailerons and the setup was perfect. great flying plane. Thanks again.
                  Any chance you could take a pic of where you set your elevators? I am just about to do my maiden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rucky View Post
                    T-45 Pylon Bomb

Hi, I'll finish printing soon. Then finish it. Later, put the files online
                    Rucky - I'd really like to buy a couple of these. I actually have first hand experience working on this bomb rack for the T-45. The 3D printing link isn't working. Can I get the files from you directly?

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Much heavier than Avanti (which takes off <5m, T45 stalled on takeoff after 30m, it needs more, almost full runway and then no problem)

Comment

• Comment

• What is the new weight on this model

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• I’m interested in acquiring a set of V1 wings. Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

• Originally posted by ochoaoctavio89@icloud.com View Post
                                      What is the new weight on this model
                                      3600g

Freewing T-45 Goshawk High Performance 90mm EDF Jet V2 - PNP [FJ30714P] Motion RC

Comment

• Originally posted by BadClams View Post
                                        I’m interested in acquiring a set of V1 wings. Any help would be appreciated!
                                        Or an entire V1 model!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                          X