Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, most enjoyable video posted for a long time. How do you land yourself whilst looking back at an F-86 landing behind/beside you ???

Comment

• thx guys, haha... that was funny brk6! A difficult task for sure.

The camera records in 360 and the view selection is done post edit. It is both complicated and simple at the same time. Using the camera for raw footage is the simple part. The edit is the more difficult part.

I placed a raw version of that flight video on my YouTube for those interested to play back and move the camera around to their favorite scenes.

I think the raw format makes it difficult for people to see what you want them to see because there are just too many options as you can choose any direction at any time during viewing.The result is that if you only watch the raw version one time, you will miss everything that happened behind you, lol.

Here is the link to the raw vid. Its interesting, but I think you will see what I mean.

-Den

https://youtu.be/sHqdVJxzEAk
      There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Some pics of my Babies...

Comment

• Thanks for the explanation WB. Must be a very nice lens to pick up all of that. Obviously the way to go if you want an first class video instead of those dots in the sky, non edited, crap -- yes I know I don't have to watch and I don't any longer than the five seconds it takes to realise what is coming. Nice F-15, sold mine as thought it marginal on 6S and I am not an 8S guy. Can you post pics/facts of your camera and its mounting set up ? It looks like it could pan but is that just your editing? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
            Thanks for the explanation WB. Must be a very nice lens to pick up all of that. Obviously the way to go if you want an first class video instead of those dots in the sky, non edited, crap -- yes I know I don't have to watch and I don't any longer than the five seconds it takes to realise what is coming. Nice F-15, sold mine as thought it marginal on 6S and I am not an 8S guy. Can you post pics/facts of your camera and its mounting set up ? It looks like it could pan but is that just your editing? Thanks.
            No Prob, Happy to tell you what I know. I have only had the camera for a week though, so I'm still learning on the fly (see what I did there LOL), and the weather has been limiting too. Many have asked and I should probably make a how to vid. I'll take that up shortly as I discover how to wring all of the goodness out of it.

There are 3 ways to record video with this cam:
            1.) Make initial recording while live stream (viewers can actively move and select the camera view)
            2.) Make initial recording, download video direct to internet.(viewers can actively move and select the camera view)
            3.) Make initial recording, download to editing software, choose each fixed camera angle with options of other industry standard editing for stitching, picture quality, color, etc. (viewer cannot move the camera view)

I am still figuring out how to live stream, but even as a retired automation engineer, I have struggled at times to understand what the %^$@$%%^*%$ I am doing wrong. :Silly:

6S for me too. I can only guess that all stock power systems are not created equal. You are one of many to feel the F-15 was under powered to them. Mine has been so strong that it was my first camera ship with the Mobious, AND it has added servos for controlled drop tank release in flight. It is otherwise bone stock so I have no explanation??:Thinking:

-Den

Comment

• While exchanging the stock fan with an FMS unit, I discovered the blunt joint of the inner walls of the intake ducting. Such design creates a lot of undesired turbulence. I made a simple 3DP part to create a sharp joint to improve the airflow. In addition, a nose gear brace was made. Both stl. files are attached.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                While exchanging the stock fan with an FMS unit, I discovered the blunt joint of the inner walls of the intake ducting. Such design creates a lot of undesired turbulence. I made a simple 3DP part to create a sharp joint to improve the airflow. In addition, a nose gear brace was made. Both stl. files are attached.
                Great ideas, both! At this stage of our technology with batteries and such, efficiency is the name of the game. I see more clam shell type construction these days with wood and plastic components sandwiched into the foam mold process. If I were involved with design I would consider a one piece, smooth, plastic/laminate or similar thrust tube from beginning to end with an appropriate space to insert your fan shroud, etc. I know there would be issues with cheater holes and the attached consideration for power systems, short vs long field ability, and all of that stuff... not even suggesting it would be the way to go. Just saying it would be an avenue I would investigate thoroughly. I'm not a scientist and have no data to even suggest the increase in efficiency would be enough of a benefit to outweigh the change in design and manufacturing costs. If anyone has done thorough thrust tube testing it would be cool to see the data. I tend to agree with your idea that every little bit helps. :Cool:

Comment

While exchanging the stock fan with an FMS unit, I discovered the blunt joint of the inner walls of the intake ducting. Such design creates a lot of undesired turbulence. I made a simple 3DP part to create a sharp joint to improve the airflow. In addition, a nose gear brace was made. Both stl. files are attached.
                  Thanks, those look very useful !

Have you done any tests, does your "low-turb splitter" seem to produce better thrust? Does it change the sound?
                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Thanks, those look very useful !

Have you done any tests, does your "low-turb splitter" seem to produce better thrust? Does it change the sound?
                    No tests with the A-4 yet. But I made a similar mod on the FW F-4, F-22, Lippisch, Avanti and L-39. On the last three, I did a ‘before and after’ comparison, and there is a noticeable higher top speed (GPS measured on the Lippisch). The question regarding the sound is hard to answer, I feel it sounds smoother at top revs.

I’ve no idea, why the intake ducts are designed with the “high-turb” rounded splitter. Just google “skin friction drag”.

If you look at well-designed wooden or composite EDF models with bifurcated inlets, you will always find such a design.

Comment

No tests with the A-4 yet. But I made a similar mod on the FW F-4, F-22, Lippisch, Avanti and L-39. On the last three, I did a ‘before and after’ comparison, and there is a noticeable higher top speed (GPS measured on the Lippisch). The question regarding the sound is hard to answer, I feel it sounds smoother at top revs.

I’ve no idea, why the intake ducts are designed with the “high-turb” rounded splitter. Just google “skin friction drag”.

If you look at well-designed wooden or composite EDF models with bifurcated inlets, you will always find such a design.

The last three don't have split exhausts, what are you doing and what is "significant"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post

The last three don't have split exhausts, what are you doing and what is "significant"?
                        Correct, but this is about the intake section. The mods to the Lippisch (incl. closing cheater holes plus wing spar fairing) resulted in about a 10% higher top speed. For the others, the term “noticeable” is probably more appropriate. Please excuse my poor English!

Comment

• Looks like he is putting the sharp edge on the rear of the inlet splitter just before the inlet air hits the fan spinner/blades. If you look at well designed EDF flow paths both inlet and exhaust flow paths are optimized --- see Bob Violet's models.

Comment

• Originally posted by brk6188 View Post
                            Looks like he is putting the sharp edge on the rear of the inlet splitter just before the inlet air hits the fan spinner/blades. If you look at well designed EDF flow paths both inlet and exhaust flow paths are optimized --- see Bob Violet's models.
                            That’s what I was trying to say. Thanks!

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

• My latest project.

Comment

• I designed vortex generators for the wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by thmprusmc View Post
                                    I designed vortex generators for the wings.
                                    Welcome aboard Marine! Those vortex generators look great.

Comment

• Nice... Welcome Marine! :-)
                                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Thanks guys! Having fun building and detailing this bird. Any good ideas on how to build scale speedbrakes?

Comment

• Originally posted by thmprusmc View Post
                                          Thanks guys! Having fun building and detailing this bird. Any good ideas on how to build scale speedbrakes?
                                          Yes,. I do.
                                          It'll be easy on this one because it is larger, and the bulk of the Hardware can be housed within the thickness of the Engine Hatch on the FW A-4. I plan to get into one of these and do it.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...??​​​​

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

Working...
                                          X