Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobaroo View Post

Possibly !! Hahahaha

Click image for larger version

Name:	1549726877496-1540531075.jpg
Views:	1158
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	184339
    :Scared:That drives me crazy! Ship that here and I'll tidy that right up for you...

Comment

• Originally posted by RC30Flyer View Post

:Scared:That drives me crazy! Ship that here and I'll tidy that right up for you...
      LOL !!! ... .. TooFunny !!

Comment

• mine...

Comment

I may be a little OCD with my wiring... ;)
          You have too many wires there.... LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180217_201631.jpg
Views:	1079
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	184465

Comment

• Comment

• Ok, so I don't screw the pooch. I've been hearing 180mm is the sweet spot for CG. Which line is the correct area to measure from, the red or green? Also, what's everyone's go to measurement for elevator and ailerons throws? I'm expecting to maiden tomorrow afternoon... looking for some advice. Thanks guys!

Comment

• Mine's in storage until spring comes....so I don't have the measurements but I'll give you a little advice. I'm sure others will chime in.

1) see post #556 in this thread, dated 8/29/17. That's the definitive post. (for me it was on page 28)
                2) you'll need a bit of up trim
                3) this model is really very sensitive to ailerons.

At what I considered a modest amount of aileron throw (that looked right), my plane rolled so fast that it actually induced a high-speed stall! It was like a drill bit. With small throws and 35-40% expo, it will be very manageable but still quite sensitive.

I use a lot of expo on the steering, like 50%. The model is very easy to tip over if the nose wheel turns too quickly.

(Like most things - expo is a matter of your personal flying style. I like using it because it smooths things out.)

Last - it's easy to bring it in for a landing at a high-alpha angle of attack. Just be sure to land with some throttle, like all EDFs. This is not a difficult airplane and its very popular with us!!
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Ok, so I don't screw the pooch. I've been hearing 180mm is the sweet spot for CG. Which line is the correct area to measure from, the red or green? Also, what's everyone's go to measurement for elevator and ailerons throws? I'm expecting to maiden tomorrow afternoon... looking for some advice. Thanks guys!
                  Measure 180 from the red line. About 15mm up/down on ailerons. Go with 20mm up/down on the elevator to start with.

Comment

• Ok, so I am way tail heavy at 180 even with the admiral carbon 5100mah 70C. How the heck are you guys achieving 180mm???????????????

Comment

• Flew mine again today with "Herb's setup.
                      https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2012

After doing my maiden with book settings and scaring myself crazy with it's sensitivity I barely got it back on the ground without trashing it. I did bend my nose gear. She's a cream puff now with the new (Herb} settings and very enjoyable. This with the new Admiral 5100carbon pushed almost all the way forward. Almost as gentle and stable as the Avanti.

Comment

• Thank you RCJetdude and BEEG... I'm a moron and was reading the ruler wrong. CG is set to 180mm. I have 15mm on ailerons and about 20mm on elevator. Went with the manual with the flaps and flap to elevator mix. Had to carve out a little foam on the canopy to make it fit without hitting the lip. Maiden in about 2 hours or so. Very nervous, been flying FPV for last 3 years and jumping back into LOS flying with some jets. Been playing with RF7.5 sim for a few days now to get memory back some and can do it just fine. Wish me luck!!!

Comment

Thank you RCJetdude and BEEG... I'm a moron and was reading the ruler wrong. CG is set to 180mm. I have 15mm on ailerons and about 20mm on elevator. Went with the manual with the flaps and flap to elevator mix. Had to carve out a little foam on the canopy to make it fit without hitting the lip. Maiden in about 2 hours or so. Very nervous, been flying FPV for last 3 years and jumping back into LOS flying with some jets. Been playing with RF7.5 sim for a few days now to get memory back some and can do it just fine. Wish me luck!!!
                          Good luck, you won't need 15mm on the ailerons, more like 10mm if it's your maiden;)

Comment

• Maiden and second flight were a complete success! Thanks to everyone who answered my questions and helped out so I didn't have to sift thru 108 pages of this thread to "find" the answer. Flew with a buddy and his 90mm Eurofighter Typhoon. It was a great afternoon and the presence of the A-4 full throttle and low is just awesome! Have you guys experienced the feeling of running out of elevator on your landing? Second landing felt this way, but it was a smooth landing even tho it kinda plopped down on the mains.

Comment

• Good to hear. Glad the maiden was a success!

Comment

• Hey, good to hear you had a good time with the maiden flight! Fight the urge to add more elevator... instead, keep just a little more power on during your landing. As opposed to cutting the power completely and gliding in.... its a good glider, but you will totally run out of elevator!
                                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Can anyone comment on the addition of a E-braking system? The rollout seems super long, or maybe I'm just coming in too hot?

Comment

• Brakes add a considerable amount of weight although I don't think the A-4 would have any trouble carrying the extra weight it is something to consider. In time your landings will be less "hot" and your rollouts much shorter.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	8B680CE5-2FF7-4A0A-817A-9241EE314F63.jpeg
Views:	794
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	185266Click image for larger version

Name:	A446E186-CD71-48E2-B03C-447EE565F781.jpeg
Views:	865
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	185265 ​ Finally the weather cooperated and was able to get out for a few flights. First flights of the year. Flights 4 and 5 on the A4 today. Took the opportunity to push it more each flight as my flights to this point were more familiarization in nature. Right about 3 min flights on the Admiral 5000 pack landing at 3.78 per cell.

L-39 maiden flight today as well.

Was as a good day for flying.

Comment

• The lastest update on my build. Things are coming along. The weathering on the drop tanks and rudder scaling.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Welcome sir. Beautiful work!

Oh and Semper fi.

0351 89-95 :Cool:
                                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Working...
                                          X