First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thmprusmc View Post
    The latest update on my build.
    TMPR, Beautiful work, Sir. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• So today I had a pretty bouncy landing... nose gear and one of the mains feels like the struts are loosey goosey. Is there any way of tightening these up?

Comment

• Mine got Hammered and Hog'd out from some Gravel Strip Operations. Always had to mess with them. The Struts are rather Long and with the aircraft weight, I find keeping all the Landing Gear Parts together and Tight a real challenge on this one. I've purchased 'Spares' for the NoseGear stuff but honestly, the Mains could use a different Strut assembly (More Robust). One of these days I'll get around to it. GL

Comment

• So, I was advised to change the CG from 180mm to 190mm... man what a difference. She lands a lot slower and more predictable, even tho the landing in the video doesn't show it, it was getting dark and I couldn't see very well on the last landing.

Comment

• I’ll I know is that I had to put 2 weight bars in my nose to get her to cg

Comment

• Originally posted by RC30Flyer View Post
              So, I was advised to change the CG from 180mm to 190mm... man what a difference. She lands a lot slower and more predictable, even tho the landing in the video doesn't show it, it was getting dark and I couldn't see very well on the last landing.

Awesome flight! Which batteries are you guys using in this beautiful jet?

Comment

• Has anyone tried this jet on 8s??

Wondering if it is not too heavy a wing loading?

Comment

• I'm going with 6s because I fly off of grass, and want to keep it as light as possible. But if I had access to a paved runway, I would try 8s. There's plenty of room inside to shift battery weight around.

Comment

• Originally posted by scootergenie View Post
                    I'm going with 6s because I fly off of grass, and want to keep it as light as possible. But if I had access to a paved runway, I would try 8s. There's plenty of room inside to shift battery weight around.
                    Yes, Our field has a paved runway. So it will go off pavement. Just wasn't sure if the 8's would make it too heavy. Clearly I will get more umph!! but don't want the landings to be impossible to execute.

Comment

• Did my maiden and second flight. All I have to say is wow. This plane flies so well! Stock 6s setup. It seems to have gobs of power. As everyone else has pointed out the roll rate is crazy. I got video with my soloshot 3. No aerobatics, just bomber patterns so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by apmech1 View Post
                        Did my maiden and second flight. All I have to say is wow. This plane flies so well! Stock 6s setup. It seems to have gobs of power. As everyone else has pointed out the roll rate is crazy. I got video with my soloshot 3. No aerobatics, just bomber patterns so far.

https://youtu.be/pNFRUr4lYhI
                        Good stuff! Which packs were you using and what are your settings?

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post

Good stuff! Which packs were you using and what are your settings?
                          Thanks. Admiral 6s 50c. The short flight was the maiden, 2 circuits and then down. The second flight I flew until my battery capacity warning of 2500mah (50%). I use the e-fuel gauge, It is awesome. My flight time I believe is just under 4 minutes. As I get used to the approaches better, I will probably set the alarm @2750mah.

Cg was where the manual called for 180. All controlls were low rate, 75% of manual full deflection. I was using 50 % expo. . I am going to move ailerons down to 60% throw and decrease all expo to 35%.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post

Awesome flight! Which batteries are you guys using in this beautiful jet?
                            Thanks GB... I'm using the Admiral Carbon 6S 5100mah 70C

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                              This winter I built many of my MRC airplanes and the A4 was one of the first projects. So much fun to build and the waterslide decals (lots of them) were easy to work with. Actually I have not applied waterslide decals in a long time. nice plane to build and went together easily.

So today, I did the maiden flight using my Thunder power 5000 6S packs which are about 60 to 90grams heavier than the MRC new Admiral batteries. I put the pack back 1/4" behind the front edge of the plywood that gave me the CG slightly aft of the normal call out.

The plane flew beautifully on low rates with lots of power. very agile and quick to turn. Rolls were fast and predictable. Full flap landings were spot on with high Alpha flares. So much fun and reminds me of my old Byron Originals A4 just slightly smaller scale. Great plane and good job by MRC and Alpha to bring this plane to us with great scale fidelity. One of the club members shot some videos of my flights but I did not get them yet. Hopefully I will post them once I see them for myself :)

I highly recommend this jet to anyone with some EDF flying time
                              Rich

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2810.jpg Views:	0 Size:	198.3 KB ID:	195369Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2811.jpg Views:	0 Size:	336.1 KB ID:	195370

Comment

• Hello fellow Oregonian! The A-4 is a sweetheart and I love flying it. One of my favs.

Comment

• I have always had a really hard time with this jet.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                                    Hello fellow Oregonian! The A-4 is a sweetheart and I love flying it. One of my favs.
                                    Hello and right back at you.
                                    I agree this jet will be one of my favorites..... I flew my L39 first after reading all of the hype and watching the videos. Yes the L39 flies great too, but the A4 is sweet and agile

All the best
                                    Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                                      I have always had a really hard time with this jet.
                                      Try dialing down the control throws a LOT, especially for the ailerons. Plus use expo as well. Its much happier that way IMHO.

(With the original throws, mine was sensitive as hell and rolled so fast it was like a freaking drill bit - and after about 3 or 4 revs it actually induced a snap roll! Or that may have been because I touched the elevator :Cool:)
                                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshot19 View Post
                                        I have always had a really hard time with this jet.
                                        So, this jet needs an second chance :) Try turning down your rates and adding some more Expo My Aileron low rate is 60% and 30% Expo plus the expo can be turned up even more depending on your flying style.

all the best
                                        Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
                                          Hi Guys,
                                          This winter I built many of my MRC airplanes and the A4 was one of the first projects. So much fun to build and the waterslide decals (lots of them) were easy to work with. Actually I have not applied waterslide decals in a long time. nice plane to build and went together easily.

So today, I did the maiden flight using my Thunder power 5000 6S packs which are about 60 to 90grams heavier than the MRC new Admiral batteries. I put the pack back 1/4" behind the front edge of the plywood that gave me the CG slightly aft of the normal call out.

The plane flew beautifully on low rates with lots of power. very agile and quick to turn. Rolls were fast and predictable. Full flap landings were spot on with high Alpha flares. So much fun and reminds me of my old Byron Originals A4 just slightly smaller scale. Great plane and good job by MRC and Alpha to bring this plane to us with great scale fidelity. One of the club members shot some videos of my flights but I did not get them yet. Hopefully I will post them once I see them for myself :)

I highly recommend this jet to anyone with some EDF flying time
                                          Rich

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2810.jpg Views:	0 Size:	198.3 KB ID:	195369Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_2811.jpg Views:	0 Size:	336.1 KB ID:	195370
                                          Looking good and I love the stand! I am not quite in Oregon, but I am from the PNW too :D

Comment

Working...
                                          X