X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post

Looking good and I love the stand! I am not quite in Oregon, but I am from the PNW too :D
    Hi GB

Thank you and the PNW counts too. By the way, this new American made stand is just awesome. CrewZinn Flight deck RC work and CG stand by John Zinn. I can use this with most of my 70-90mm jet aircraft and most of my 1600mm warbirds. The CG rods mount to the bottom of the stand which makes them available where ever you are.

Help support John and America made stuff and you will not be disappointed.

Rich

Link below:

Comment

• Oh yeah, I love my Crew Zinn stand too. I did a review for the stand and it has only proven more and more amazing with time.

Comment

• So I have a few flights on this bird at about 180-185mm CG... what are your guys experiences with tha manuals call out of 190-195? How about with the drop tanks and missiles?

Comment

• Originally posted by RC30Flyer View Post
          So I have a few flights on this bird at about 180-185mm CG... what are your guys experiences with tha manuals call out of 190-195? How about with the drop tanks and missiles?
          I've flown mine with the CG back at 190mm, but think it's happier with the more forward numbers, 180-185mm. I don't think the drop tanks do much to degrade performance, but they do aid in my ability to maintain orientation, especially on the downwind leg to land, so I always fly with them on. It's my favorite jet.:)

Comment

• I just ordered one. Nice product. Thanks for the post on the quality product

Comment

• Originally posted by Pheonix View Post
              I just ordered one. Nice product. Thanks for the post on the quality product
              This is a great jet and at a good price point too.

Best of luck to you
              Rich

Comment

• I flew my A4 today for the first time in a couple months or more. I'll have the video probably tomorrow.

There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• That photo.... !!! !!!
                  Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Is that just before you hit the tower ? :)

Comment

• My wife took some photos of mine at a Memorial Day Fun Fly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	196880Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	196881Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	196883
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Its kinda overly dramatic, but was great fun to make :) Thanks Alpha, the A-4 is certainly a joy to fly!

Comment

• I've got budget for 2 planes and A4 has been on my short list. Would like to pick up one jet and one prop plane.

Talking with few people I trust, some say how it's tricky to land and can is not as forgiving as others. I've only been flying for a shor twhile but own many jets and do fine with them. Just don't want to get in above my head. Will be flying off grass field.
                          Planes
                          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• It's one of the smoothest landing planes I own. I flew my A-4 a bunch at Joe Nall and didn't have any issues with it. Love the Scooter!

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                              It's one of the smoothest landing planes I own. I flew my A-4 a bunch at Joe Nall and didn't have any issues with it. Love the Scooter!
                              Thanks Steve, I’ve read w/ delta wings to stay in the throttle in the turns. But what are the selling characteristics?
                              Planes
                              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Thanks Steve, I’ve read w/ delta wings to stay in the throttle in the turns. But what are the selling characteristics?
                                I agree with RCJetDude... This aircraft is pretty mellow in my own opinion. I fly several other jets which to compare with and it flies very nicely. There is one thing that I thought would be a problem, but it is very managable..The elevator being high on the tail can become soft in high alpha. It gets blanked out by the body of the aircraft. When I was first learning to fly it I found it easy to stall out when landing because it would kinda get stuck in the high alpha position when flaring out. I aborted a few landings at the start because of this. Havent crashed because of it though. Every high tail jet exhibits it to some degree, the F104 much more so.

Mine is a couple years old now and still in great shape. If you are on the fence about getting it, I would say go for it. I also abuse mine a bit with the photography stuff and she has been a workhorse.

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post

I agree with RCJetDude... This aircraft is pretty mellow in my own opinion. I fly several other jets which to compare with and it flies very nicely. There is one thing that I thought would be a problem, but it is very managable..The elevator being high on the tail can become soft in high alpha. It gets blanked out by the body of the aircraft. When I was first learning to fly it I found it easy to stall out when landing because it would kinda get stuck in the high alpha position when flaring out. I aborted a few landings at the start because of this. Havent crashed because of it though. Every high tail jet exhibits it to some degree, the F104 much more so.

Mine is a couple years old now and still in great shape. If you are on the fence about getting it, I would say go for it. I also abuse mine a bit with the photography stuff and she has been a workhorse.
                                  Thank you!

I assume on landing nose down, level off and just raise the nose a little to keep elevator authority?
                                  Planes

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Thank you!

I assume on landing nose down, level off and just raise the nose a little to keep elevator authority?
                                    Sure, yeah, pretty much! It performs completely predictable in every way and since you are aware not to over flare on landing, you should be golden. I don't notice any performance issues in flight. Good control all around. My CG is a bit more forward and my rates are greatly reduced. At factory settings the A-4 is a drill bit. Chris, The RC Geek has a good set up youtube video that covers it. My flight set up is exactly as he describes his final set up and I really like it. I see you already fly the BAE Hawk, so no worries.

Comment

• I come in too high & fast on landing (I've only had 4 flights), but this jet is pretty forgiving. I pitched mine pretty high just before touchdown to bleed off speed and it "felt" like it wanted to continue pitching up. About 5 inches off the ground i pushed nose down a bit and landed well with very low roll out. That wasn't my intention though;). Even with my not perfect knock on wood, I haven't broken anything. I've fliown a 70mm F-86, FW 90mm F-16 on 6s, I fly the FW F-4 on 6s, and the A-4 on 6s and I have to say this is the best flier followed closely by the F-4. If you are on the fence, go for it you won't be disappointed.

And did I metion that it's fast. I am getting ~116 mph from my telemetry, averaged ground speed from upwind and down wind passes.

Comment

• Very nice. I saw that livery and was wondering how it would turn out. Excellent job.

Comment

• I wish Motion would put these out in Blue Angels

Comment

Working...
                                          X