Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I just made my own...

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1556802444231.jpg
Views:	1443
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	199642
      That looks awesome! This jet is pretty dang flexible :)

I just got one myself and here is my unboxing and preliminary review.

Comment

• I took mine on a taxi test "walk" before a rainstorm rolled in. Gotta love how this jet looks during "Golden Hour".

Comment

• This is my Maiden Flight Review of the Freewing A-4 Skyhawk 80mm EDF Jet with a CG tip after the flight. Please excuse the crappy landing. That was pilot error and all on me. This plane is awesome!

Comment

• This is Awesome! Ha... I need to move my Battery Forward!
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
              This is my Maiden Flight Review of the Freewing A-4 Skyhawk 80mm EDF Jet with a CG tip after the flight. Please excuse the crappy landing. That was pilot error and all on me. This plane is awesome!
              Congrats on your maiden nice job

my first landing was not very pretty either but it keeps getting better :)
              Rich

Comment

• Thank you RichJ53 and e4dragongunner check this out for all of the details: https://www.motionrc.com/pages/produ...df-a-4-skyhawk

Comment

• Thanks forgot about this addendum
                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I never even knew about this..thanks wonder where my 45oo's will balance

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
                      Thank you RichJ53 and e4dragongunner check this out for all of the details: https://www.motionrc.com/pages/produ...df-a-4-skyhawk
                      thanks for sharing the updated information. I did not know this but, my plane flies wonderfully guess I will need to recheck the CG just to know how it compares to the new info.

Rich

Comment

• You're welcome guys! I will say this though, if your jet flies great as is, there is no reason to mess with it IMO. There are different parts and pieces that may or may not be on it that can affect CG.

Comment

• is anybody making one of the printed nose gear support plates for the A-4 yet?
                          when they outlaw R/C, only outlaws will have R/C

Comment

• Finally I could maiden my A-4. I have installed the FW 3530-1900 EDF, I am very satisfied with this set-up, the plane has plenty of power and is very agile. Definitely a keeper!

Comment

• Most Def my Next Buy. But with RNZAF Decals....

Comment

• Originally posted by Peterboi View Post
                                Most Def my Next Buy. But with RNZAF Decals....
                                Welcome to Hobby Squawk!!! Callie has the RNZAF graphics!

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyhound61 View Post
                                  Finally I could maiden my A-4. I have installed the FW 3530-1900 EDF, I am very satisfied with this set-up, the plane has plenty of power and is very agile. Definitely a keeper!
                                  Very nice job!!! Congrats on your maiden!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyhound61 View Post
                                    Finally I could maiden my A-4. I have installed the FW 3530-1900 EDF, I am very satisfied with this set-up, the plane has plenty of power and is very agile. Definitely a keeper!
                                    congratulations on your maiden flight. I really love the A4 jet. It can be a bit of a challenge at times but it just flies great. I have the stock power and its plenty for me. turn down the roll rate or add some Expo for perfect flight characteristics the A4, F35 F22 and L39 are my favorites :) is that to many?

Rich

Comment

• Does this plane handle grass well with the long front nose gear? Figure high alpha like a F-16 to slow it down and try to ride out as long as you can after the mains touch. Our grass is soft and short but the field in certain spots is bumpy.
                                      Planes
                                      -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                      -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Not really, small wheels and spindly legs. It can but there are better planes.

Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                                        Does this plane handle grass well with the long front nose gear? Figure high alpha like a F-16 to slow it down and try to ride out as long as you can after the mains touch. Our grass is soft and short but the field in certain spots is bumpy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          Not really, small wheels and spindly legs. It can but there are better planes.

I want this plane badly, only delta wing that can handle short grass, so I thought
                                          Planes
                                          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Working...
                                          X