X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Thank you very much for sharing that video and story, I really enjoyed watching. Such a cool little jet and it must be a total blast to fly the real scooter - and I love flying the model! (you did a really nice job on your model as well).
    Thanks.

This particular model is special to me because of my friend; Dave. With this model done in this livery, I will always be able to tell people about Dave and keep his legacy forever alive in my own little way. That's the part that counts for me.

Here's a shot of Dave "back in the day" 1968 in a borrowed A4. His A4 (like the one i replicated) was destroyed in the fire on Forrestal a few months earlier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	794
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	236775

EAA# 1366802
    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• I think it looks better without the hump.
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

I think it looks better without the hump.
        I agree completely!

EAA# 1366802
        AMA# 631508

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post

NICE!!! I love these "Scooters". They are really neat planes.
          Hey, something I noticed when I watched Dave's airshow video, besides watching the LE slats work (too bad our model doesn't have those) - did you notice how little the aileron moves? Even when he does a fast bank, it moves just a bit. So that just reinforces what I found on my model, that the Scooter is really sensitive to ailerons. With them dialed back (like I described earlier) it still rolls very quickly when I apply the stick but the expo really helps me fly smoothly because it moves less around center. The elevator seems pretty normal to me as far as how they feel.

I'm still getting used to perfecting my landings. I've dialed back the steering throw and added a bunch of rudder expo as well. Its pretty easy to turn the model up on a wing and scrape it, so I try be very gentle with the rudder on landing and not fly when there is a crosswind!
          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Hey, something I noticed when I watched Dave's airshow video, besides watching the LE slats work (too bad our model doesn't have those) - did you notice how little the aileron moves? Even when he does a fast bank, it moves just a bit. So that just reinforces what I found on my model, that the Scooter is really sensitive to ailerons. With them dialed back (like I described earlier) it still rolls very quickly when I apply the stick but the expo really helps me fly smoothly because it moves less around center. The elevator seems pretty normal to me as far as how they feel.

I'm still getting used to perfecting my landings. I've dialed back the steering throw and added a bunch of rudder expo as well. Its pretty easy to turn the model up on a wing and scrape it, so I try be very gentle with the rudder on landing and not fly when there is a crosswind!
            Yes, I did notice that as well. I assume because of the delta wing and small wingspan is why these things turn like a drill bit. Dave told me over the phone the other night the real A4 has the capability to do a 700 degree per second roll rate. However, he said doing that would damage the structure so it was never done.

I still have to setup control rates. Right now, I am pretty much 30% expo across the board.

EAA# 1366802
            AMA# 631508

Comment

• VT-7 A4 repaint job done, thank you Callie, and shout out to Alpha and Motion for putting out such a cool jet!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post
                VT-7 A4 repaint job done, thank you Callie, and shout out to Alpha and Motion for putting out such a cool jet!
                NICE!!!! That looks good.

EAA# 1366802
                AMA# 631508

Comment

• This video review is the Freewing A-4 Skyhawk Maiden Flight Review With GoPro Hero 7 Black Footage from my head! As soon as the weather clears more, I will be flying this a lot!

Comment

• Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
                    This video review is the Freewing A-4 Skyhawk Maiden Flight Review With GoPro Hero 7 Black Footage from my head! As soon as the weather clears more, I will be flying this a lot!

I can’t wait to fly mine. Looks really fast. Thanks for sharing the video.

EAA# 1366802
                    AMA# 631508

Comment

• Thanks! It is a very nice flyer and far from slow. Part of why I wanted to post this is because my other maiden video is zoomed in and out, which makes it look slower than it actually is lol

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3984.JPG
Views:	1299
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	237227

Getting ready for a few flights after the weather clears a bit...

Comment

• Love it Hard Way
                          Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Name:	DSC_3984.JPG
Views:	1299
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	237227

Getting ready for a few flights after the weather clears a bit...
                            That looks great!

Comment

• Thank you E4 and GB!! Jerry

Comment

• Brinka and Hardway , those are both excellent refinishes! Funny enough, both of those schemes were in the running a few years ago for the final production scheme. It's so nice to models finally wearing these schemes.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Nice Hardway! Funnily enough I was standing next the full size version of an ex NZ Air Force Skyhawk here in NZ a few weeks back. It’s at a small museum not too far from my home. I do remember when they had the same decals yours has on them, most seem to have been removed from this example over the years. Yours looks great!

Name:	85A90DBE-B09F-47BC-896D-C294BAD7610A.jpeg
Views:	711
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	237334

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                    Brinka and Hardway , those are both excellent refinishes! Funny enough, both of those schemes were in the running a few years ago for the final production scheme. It's so nice to models finally wearing these schemes.
                                    Oh wow! Thank you, I had no clue the A4 was used as a trainer until some research, visibility made the choice easy. Love it, hopefully Callie adds this to the A4 list. I know a few pilots that wanna do the same.

Comment

• Thanks Beetleman!!! Glad you are doing OK!!! Thanks Alpha! Great little jet for sure!!! Take care my brothers!

Comment

• That ausie a4 looks amazing!

Comment

• Thank you Bro!!! Very appreciated! Love your work too!!! Jerry

Comment

Working...
                                          X