Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting about 4 minutes as well landing with 3.8's. I was hoping to stuff more mah's into her, but the way the front fuselage was designed and the canopy there's just no more room.

Comment

• Bogietrim I'm glad you're back! Thanks for sharing your maiden with us all.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200518_130522.jpg
Views:	1014
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	255309
        My A4 yesterday with 2 perfect flights, as the massive F86 Turbine takes off, well known jet pilot Pablo Fernandez commented how nice the A4 looked as he taxied made me proud of my custom job . I find the 5000mah HRB lipo best suited for this jet, especially if you're flying with external fuel tanks, hump and missiles. The A4 tends to be tail heavy, I came down at 45% after 4 min flight.

Comment

• You scored big with Pablo, great repaint

Comment

• That is Great news...I have 4 of these admiral 6000's Thought that the scooter was relegated to the 5000, Cant wait to try. Video would be great. And a pic of the battery placement. Thanks in advance! :-)
            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Finally managed some flights with my Freewing A-4 Skyhawk, Corona flying restrictions were lifted!

Those were the first flights with the new livery (Buck Danny flying tigers comics). I also had a new FMS 80mm 2100kv Pro installed.

The plane accelerates without a problem now on our grass field, rotation in 40 metres if I want. The plane is a blast now and visibility is a lot better now in grey/blue skies! I'm happy I airbrushed the new livery and added the new EDF setup
              Attached Files
              https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                That is Great news...I have 4 of these admiral 6000's Thought that the scooter was relegated to the 5000, Cant wait to try. Video would be great. And a pic of the battery placement. Thanks in advance! :-)
                Let us know how your’s flies with that big battery Jay. Inquiring minds want to know. SF
                Keep this thread alive! A-4s forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                  That is Great news...I have 4 of these admiral 6000's Thought that the scooter was relegated to the 5000, Cant wait to try. Video would be great. And a pic of the battery placement. Thanks in advance! :-)
                  It handles the weight well and performance is great. Waiting on it to stop raining so I can get her out again! I will try and get a photo of the battery placement soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200518_130522.jpg
Views:	1014
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	255309
                    My A4 yesterday with 2 perfect flights, as the massive F86 Turbine takes off, well known jet pilot Pablo Fernandez commented how nice the A4 looked as he taxied made me proud of my custom job . I find the 5000mah HRB lipo best suited for this jet, especially if you're flying with external fuel tanks, hump and missiles. The A4 tends to be tail heavy, I came down at 45% after 4 min flight.
                    Love your scheme. Nice job
                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Those of you flying the 6,000mah did you remove the nose weights? I did and I'm still putting my 6,000mah all the way backed up to the aft bulkhead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                        Those of you flying the 6,000mah did you remove the nose weights? I did and I'm still putting my 6,000mah all the way backed up to the aft bulkhead.
                        I did not remove nose weight, but then again flying with 5000mah for now

Comment

• Originally posted by Brinka View Post

I did not remove nose weight, but then again flying with 5000mah for now
                          Thanks for the reply, it was one of the hardest ones to find the weights, but it was worth the extra minute of flight time.

Comment

• quitcherbitchen Thank you, it wasn't too difficult to pull off rattle can white paint some blue tape and some freehand red tomato orange, then some polyurethane coat, Callie graphics custom job, the scheme looks so good in the air, everyone loves it.

Comment

• Just had to get out flying despite the rain. It’s been raining here forever it feels like. iPhone video so be forewarned! This was flown with an Admiral 6000.

Comment

• Maidened yesterday went ok

Aerolines at 50 ...45...40

Elevator at 70 60 50

Cg as per factory

Mixed throttle 300 came down 14 percent batteries warm to hot

Flaps 1 inch then two nose down tendency when deployed

Needs some mix didn't do it yet

Lands well no flaps long rollout

No porpoise on landing tends to want to pancake

Slippery bugger

Flown on admiral 5000
                                ​​​

Comment

• Greetings all, I just got back from flying my A-4 on a new 80mm 6s in runner motor from MRC. This is a great setup. I noticed that it is an option now as a "High Performance" version of the model. It flys fantastic. There was not even a cg change after the motor was installed. After couple of flights getting used to the new motor, I did one of my favorite maneuvers. On take off, lift off, pull up the gear, stay low, and then pull to the vertical with a slow roll at the end of the runway. It couldn't do it before but now it's no problem. Scooter is such a fun plane to fly.

Comment

• Originally posted by roys001 View Post
                                    Greetings all, I just got back from flying my A-4 on a new 80mm 6s in runner motor from MRC. This is a great setup. I noticed that it is an option now as a "High Performance" version of the model. It flys fantastic. There was not even a cg change after the motor was installed. After couple of flights getting used to the new motor, I did one of my favorite maneuvers. On take off, lift off, pull up the gear, stay low, and then pull to the vertical with a slow roll at the end of the runway. It couldn't do it before but now it's no problem. Scooter is such a fun plane to fly.
                                    Sounds great! Compared to the previous motor, what was the effect on your flight time using the same battery?
                                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• This bird keeps speaking to me. I want to resist the 6s $110 for 3.5 minutes of flight time thing but I do like this bird.

maybe if it goes on sale for the introductory price I will sucked in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steelon Steel View Post
                                        This bird keeps speaking to me. I want to resist the 6s $110 for 3.5 minutes of flight time thing but I do like this bird.

Get one, you won't regret it, flies great and looks awesome in the air...

Comment

• Originally posted by Steelon Steel View Post
                                          This bird keeps speaking to me. I want to resist the 6s $110 for 3.5 minutes of flight time thing but I do like this bird.

I agree with DCORSAIR and wish to point out, the same battery can be used in a large number of other Freewing planes. So once you get this one, you can use the same battery on your new AL-37!
                                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X