X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ksprousejr View Post
    Disabling the steering servo when gear is up? I'm running an AR630 controlled by an IX12. Is there a way to disable the steering servo while the gear is in the up position? I had a rough landing last week and since then, I've noticed the front wheel was "tweaked" a bit so I made the adjustments to get it back to good. In the process though, I've noticed some "Slop" in the front nose wheel and about half the time I retract it, it is catching on the side of the retract housing? I did do some trimming allowing it to work fine, but I was just wondering if the steering servo should be operating while the gear is in the up position? Thanks in advance!
    When you do the RUD>NGS mix just use a Combo Switch. Switch 1 is the GER, Relation is AND, Switch 2 is whatever you use to control NGS. Personally, I like the Elevator Stick set at 10% down. This does require 2 separate mixes, 1 for low rate NGS and another for high.
    Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• My friend Brent took this pic when I was flying my Scooter last weekend, and added some wingtip trails and exhaust. This little plane cooks!]

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flying 11-20.jpg
Views:	973
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	287957
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
        My friend Brent took this pic when I was flying my Scooter last weekend, and added some wingtip trails and exhaust. This little plane cooks!]

Name:	Flying 11-20.jpg
Views:	973
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	287957
        Love it, looks scale for sure, can't wait to get back into EDF jets again, took a break and went to scale helis for a bit, I will return one day and one of the first jets I will purchase will be the A-4, love flying the Scooter....!!

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
          Just asking... And I may have missed this post. Has anyone put the T-33 power plant in the A-4?
          A bit late to answer your question, but I only recently bought an A-4. I dropped the 9 bld. inrunner from my Gripen in the A-4, which is the same motor as the T-33.

I like this motor in the A-4. It's a good step up in this plane vs. the 1857kv 12-bld. I tried the 1857kv motor which I had on hand and with it...the A-4 seemed slow to me. The extra dose of speed from the 9 bld. inrunner is just what the plane needed, in my mind and it makes it more fun to fly.

It's not a plane I'm trying to fly high alpha (except to land) so I don't mind the slightly slower acceleration than the FMS 2100kv 80mm motor I usually use and this is a plane that flies more on the wing so it doesn't really need the extra thrust given its weight. I think this 9 bld FW EDF is a good match for this plane and the FW setup requires no modifications of course, whereas the FMS on this plane would require some cutting.

I only get about 3:40 on a 5000 and 3:00 on a 4000 though.

Comment

• Your friend Brent took a fantastic photo! Love the added effects. Man, that's what this hobby is all about! Can't wait to get mine going. Too many planes in line!
            Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20201229_155116.jpg
Views:	938
Size:	348.4 KB
ID:	292053Click image for larger version

Name:	20201229_155147.jpg
Views:	941
Size:	311.0 KB
ID:	292054Click image for larger version

Name:	20201229_155201.jpg
Views:	949
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	292055Click image for larger version

Name:	20201229_155238.jpg
Views:	921
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	292056

Comment

• Heres a video explaining the mods and the finish on my a4 :)

Comment

• Looks great!

Comment

• Great stuff and incredible job! I watched the video and am impressed with the ingenuity with the project. Thanks for sharing your techniques.

Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
                    Heres a video explaining the mods and the finish on my a4 :)

https://youtu.be/2hx7l8chcg4

Comment

• And here's Brent's absolutely stunning Blue Angels tribute ship, flying recently out at Rabbit Dry Lake in SoCal...😎:

Seeing an A-4 in classic Blue Angels colors just brings back so many great memories...Enjoy the show everyone 😁!

Comment

• Love it. Great Scale detail. I did mine in BA also but not to thhe level of excellence Brent has here. I'm #4

Name:	a4.jpg
Views:	833
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	296147
                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Hi all. Just got my A-4 today.
                          on the underside of the a-4 on the left side of the tail hook is the AN/ALE 29 chaff/flare dispenser. Cir 1967.
                          has anyone found a good reference pic not black/and white to get a paint detail on it. It is a dark grey or metal?
                          TYIA.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Right wing sanded, filled painted.
                            Center mold line sanded, filled and painted.
                            filling in the hinge points.

1quart of flat color matched paint was on sale at our local hardware store for ..... 70 cents!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Want one. Come on Motion RC get this SkyHawk back in stock ASAP

Comment

• Hey guys can someone advise if this looks about right? CG is at 195mm with a 6000mah battery. I tried to set CG at 185mm but could not get there even with the battery all the way forward. The only way I could get there is put weight in the front and I didn't want to do that.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DForbes View Post
                                  Hey guys can someone advise if this looks about right? CG is at 195mm with a 6000mah battery. I tried to set CG at 185mm but could not get there even with the battery all the way forward. The only way I could get there is put weight in the front and I didn't want to do that.

It should perform perfectly with the battery there. From the pic it looks like you might be able to get the battery just a bit further forward and that will be OK too. Your pic looks just like mine.

Couple of tips - this plane is very sensitive to aileron, start out with very small throws and then dial it up to where you prefer. Most of us are using less than 1/2 of full throw.
                                  The ailerons will look like they are tilting upwards a little at the tip when the ailerons are level, this is normal.
                                  Nose steering needs to be dialed back as well, as this plane sits pretty tall and will tilt over if you turn too sharp when taxiing.
                                  Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

It should perform perfectly with the battery there. From the pic it looks like you might be able to get the battery just a bit further forward and that will be OK too. Your pic looks just like mine.

Couple of tips - this plane is very sensitive to aileron, start out with very small throws and then dial it up to where you prefer. Most of us are using less than 1/2 of full throw.
                                    The ailerons will look like they are tilting upwards a little at the tip when the ailerons are level, this is normal.
                                    Nose steering needs to be dialed back as well, as this plane sits pretty tall and will tilt over if you turn too sharp when taxiing.
                                    Hey, really appreciate your confirming my battery placement and also the advice. I Will definitely dial down the aileron throws. I have the Hobby Lobby A4 from back in the day and was amazed how little throws were required, can't even imagine the real plane LOL. Thanks again!

Comment

• I simple love this Freewing SkyHawk but am I ready for it. I am fairly new to EDF. I have the brilliant Venom and fly it now with confident. Love to get this SkyHawk, am I running before I can walk or is the SkyHawk a good next step or should I wait and buy another EDF first???
                                      ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Tigerman View Post
                                        I simple love this Freewing SkyHawk but am I ready for it. I am fairly new to EDF. I have the brilliant Venom and fly it now with confident. Love to get this SkyHawk, am I running before I can walk or is the SkyHawk a good next step or should I wait and buy another EDF first???
                                        ​​​​​​
                                        There's nothing particularly challenging about the Skyhawk to fly.

Dial down the ailerons initially until you're used to it and don't get too slow as it'll pitch up and be hard to recover unless you're fairly nose heavy.

It's prone to tipping on the ground, however, so strong crosswinds are not its forte.

Comment

• OK thanks Mizer 67. That great news. I buy one then
                                          You have to push yourself in this hobby

Comment

Working...
                                          X