First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tigerman View Post
    OK thanks Mizer 67. That great news. I buy one then
    You have to push yourself in this hobby
    Read all you can though before you fly it, it is a great jet to fly, do not go with the recommended rates in the book, I don't know who gave that info to the person writing the manual, you will drill it in the ground if your not to experienced with EDF jets, so take your time setting it up, other than that is flies great and very easy to land with flaps down, I think it flies better with the drop tanks and rockets onboard myself, seems to settle it down.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Read all you can though before you fly it, it is a great jet to fly, do not go with the recommended rates in the book, I don't know who gave that info to the person writing the manual, you will drill it in the ground if your not to experienced with EDF jets, so take your time setting it up, other than that is flies great and very easy to land with flaps down, I think it flies better with the drop tanks and rockets onboard myself, seems to settle it down.
      The drop tanks are a huge orientation aid for me. I always fly mine with them on. Good advice DC

Comment

• Hello everyone.
        Quick story followed by a question for you A-4 drivers. I picked up an A-4 late spring 2020. I took it out to the field for maiden day and three flights. We have a rough 500’ paved runway. On rollout of all three landings that day the A-4 skidded onto a wing, and even flipped completely over on the second landing. The wing tips were in bad shape. The nose and canopy were scratched/scuffed and the top of the vertical stab was damaged. I went home feeling discouraged and a little defeated. I didn’t think any of the three landings were all that bad on my part. I put the A-4 in storage and moved on.

Fast forward to the last few weeks. I repaired the wing tips by adding and shaping some foam filler, then applied a couple layers of thin fiberglass and epoxy for reinforcement. Added a new nose cone and performed a few other minor cosmetic repairs. Ohh, and I added a 3D printed nose gear brace.

I took the A-4 back out to the club tonight all these months later to give it another go. I had a much better experience to say the least. 4 flights with numerous touch-and-go’s. Only one time did the A-4 end up on a wing tip. Unfortunately scraping away the fiberglass repair.

Question. Has anyone come up with a wing tip repair that can at least take some asphalt punishment?

The A-4 was a lot of fun tonight. The rudder inputs are so true. I didn’t see any notable roll coupling from rudder input. I like that! Looking forward to more flights.

Comment

• Look up Assan steering gyro from RC Castle or Paradise RC in Hong Kong, they are designed specifically to prevent tipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyinhigh042 View Post
            Hello everyone.

Question. Has anyone come up with a wing tip repair that can at least take some asphalt punishment?
            The stock A-4 has plastic wingtip protection that should be good for more than a few scrapes.

If I had to replace it, something like an old credit card would work, or you could even use some balsa sheet stock. They also sell abrasion resistant marine tape that would be a stick-on and go solution which would last through at least a few tip overs, but replacing it would likely pull up the paint underneath.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post

The stock A-4 has plastic wingtip protection that should be good for more than a few scrapes.

If I had to replace it, something like an old credit card would work, or you could even use some balsa sheet stock. They also sell abrasion resistant marine tape that would be a stick-on and go solution which would last through at least a few tip overs, but replacing it would likely pull up the paint underneath.
              Thanks! Believe it or not... The very first landing and subsequent tip on the wing resulted in one of the plastic protection pieces tearing completely away. I'm going to look onto the marine tape. Thanks. Our runway is rough with large cracks...

Comment

• Brought the SkyHawk. It has a E5 connecter on it and I have XT 150 connecter on my Lipos. So rather then cut the E5 connecter off and replace it with a XT150 (in the future I am thinking of changing my lipos to E 5 connecter) I have some spare 12 gauge wire, will this be OK to make an adapter up E5 to XT150. I have been told I should use 10 gauge wire but will the 12 gauge wire be up to it or should I buy some 10 gauge wire?

​​​​​​

Comment

• I just had to get another scooter, there was one PNP kit left in stock last night and I snagged it, had to get one before the price increase...

Comment

• Had one about a year ago, flew great, one of the best flying and best looking jets there is in my opinion, looking forward to the build.

Comment

• Another scooter dolled up and flown. Rods from the Helena Flying Tigers.

Comment

• Comment

• My maiden went very well, flew great no issues with that part, but I did have issues with the build, decals wouldn't stick very well but I got them all on except the rudder decals, I messed those up so I ordered another set, also snapped the end of the left aileron off, stupid mistake, so then I decided to just make it a dirty Scooter after all, may have went a little to much but the way the build was going already, why not...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Based on photos of other jets I've seen, especially post deployment, you didn't dirty it too much. It looks good!

Comment

• Got 4 more flights on the A-4 today after work, the new inrunner sounds and flies it so much better, this thing really scoots now.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• So why sell it?

Comment

• Oh, I decided today that I was going to fly only large scale helis, which takes up a lot of room in my shop, also I can fly the helis from my front yard and since I lost my runway in front of my house, I hate loading up and traveling.,...............

Comment

• Got to ask. Cg measured gear up or down

Comment

• I check gear down but remember that’s just a preliminary point that needs to be adjusted by flying it.

Comment

• Ya sense all 3 gear go forward… evan u useing 185 or 195 cg?

Comment

• Sorry don’t know off the top of my head. I write it under the canopy but the plane is stashed in my work shop.

Comment

Working...
                                          X