• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	B-1B.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	316398

Always thought this would be cool too, but I don't know if fans could fit in the engine nacelles below without it looking disproportionate. It's be cool to rip around in a B-1B. It must be too hard to model because no one does it.

Comment

• Cougar….feh….F4D skyray Click image for larger version

Name:	90FE8FDA-F0E1-4980-8B14-26ACC755FF80.jpeg
Views:	558
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	316427

Comment

• Always have been an advocate for either the F9F Panther or Cougar in 80mm or better yet a 90mm version. But I could easily go for that F15 with twin 80mm to take on the Mig 29.... that reminds me, it's been a long time since the F15 was in stock anywhere. I wonder why.....

Comment

• Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
          Always have been an advocate for either the F9F Panther or Cougar in 80mm or better yet a 90mm version. But I could easily go for that F15 with twin 80mm to take on the Mig 29.... that reminds me, it's been a long time since the F15 was in stock anywhere. I wonder why.....
          A twin F-15 would be awesome. I’m pretty sure I would buy it. Especially with the government going with the F-15 EX program now. There would probably be some cool modifications to be done.

I could see a 90mm F-35 also, with thrust vectoring. I don’t know if a 90mm is too big, power to weight wise for TV, but an 8s one would be cool. No one really does a good scale F-35 that I know of and a lot of the smaller ones have odd shapes. I don’t see a lot of people flying F-35’s so maybe it isn’t that popular, but I had a small version in the past and it flew great.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	9E8F1BD9-16FE-4F81-AF0B-3EA67DF6D939.jpeg
Views:	444
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	316907

Here’s one that I know I would really like, but maybe there isn’t much more of a market for. A modern looking U-2 is a badass looking airplane. Where we live in Northern CA, every once in a while we will see them fly over from Beale AFB. My Dad used to work on the mission planning teams for the U-2/TR-1 and the SR-71’s. We stayed here when he retired from Beale, so these planes have always held a special place for me.

Comment

• i like the skyray idea, but if i had to choose i would still go for the Panther/Cougar or the F-117...both good designs, fly well and can be build with a single 90 or 80mm drive system, which keeps weight an coast down

Comment

• Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post
                i like the skyray idea, but if i had to choose i would still go for the Panther/Cougar or the F-117...both good designs, fly well and can be build with a single 90 or 80mm drive system, which keeps weight an coast down
                +1 on the Cougar. "Come on man" can we get together on this and save the world with a Cougar?

Comment

• Originally posted by FoamOvercast17 View Post
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	9E8F1BD9-16FE-4F81-AF0B-3EA67DF6D939.jpeg Views:	119 Size:	50.1 KB ID:	316907

Here’s one that I know I would really like, but maybe there isn’t much more of a market for. A modern looking U-2 is a badass looking airplane. Where we live in Northern CA, every once in a while we will see them fly over from Beale AFB. My Dad used to work on the mission planning teams for the U-2/TR-1 and the SR-71’s. We stayed here when he retired from Beale, so these planes have always held a special place for me.
                  Good luck with the landing gear (tandem bogies and wingtip wheels that jettison during the roll).

Comment

• Now regardless of what comes next...is it my impression or its about time to release the next cool edf?? Would love to hear a hint from Alpha about it. Miss the game thingy in the past.

Comment

• Past due, coming up on a year since the thread for the Big MiG started.

Comment

• Yep, the last two jets (MiG-29 and then the Gripen) announced were in August 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laserdude View Post

+1 on the Cougar. "Come on man" can we get together on this and save the world with a Cougar?
                          Oh i could totaly live with the COUGAR i just think the PANTHER has the slightly more iconic shape of the two.

Comment

• I agree, I like the panther and would definitely own a larger one. The cougar, not so much.

Comment

• I’m the opposite, ha-ha. I like the Cougar more than the Panther.

Comment

• Maybe a line of racing quads?

Comment

• I know we like bigger but I understand the market for the smaller stuff tends to have better economics. Has been a while since they released a 70mm hasn't it (F-35)?

Comment

• Originally posted by mshagg View Post
                                    I know we like bigger but I understand the market for the smaller stuff tends to have better economics. Has been a while since they released a 70mm hasn't it (F-35)?
                                    I suggest that the F-35 (V3) is 80mm size and weight, but with a 70mm edf unit.

But since this is about "big", why not really go big with a Vulcan?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                                      I’m the opposite, ha-ha. I like the Cougar more than the Panther.
                                      Me too, but I think everybody already knows that. But, they could easily do both the Cougar and the Panther. I think the main (only?) difference is the wings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laserdude View Post

Me too, but I think everybody already knows that. But, they could easily do both the Cougar and the Panther. I think the main (only?) difference is the wings.
                                        That was my thoughts as well.

Comment

• It would be the Panther for me, I like the straight wing since everything else has sweep already.

Comment

Working...
                                          X