Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20210603_101615.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	318495

Comment

• Originally posted by Laserdude View Post

Me too, but I think everybody already knows that. But, they could easily do both the Cougar and the Panther. I think the main (only?) difference is the wings.
      The wings really do distinguish them the most. I'm a huge fan of the swept wing look of the Cougar and the Delta-like shape. I also like the underside of the nose and it's shape.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Goblin.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	318688
        I would love to see this put out as an 80mm-90mm just for the shear YouTube maiden flight chaos content alone. By the size of the fuselage, you could squeeze a 90mm fan in about a 70mm jet package. I can't believe our U.S. military backed this project!

Comment

• Originally posted by FoamOvercast17 View Post
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Goblin.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	318688
          I would love to see this put out as an 80mm-90mm just for the shear YouTube maiden flight chaos content alone. By the size of the fuselage, you could squeeze a 90mm fan in about a 70mm jet package. I can't believe our U.S. military backed this project!
          Ha-ha. Yeah, that would be fun to watch.

Comment

• I think it was a stopgap solution to be attached to a B-36 long range bomber for reconnaissance on long range SAC bombing missions. I saw some videos of tests trying to get the airplane to attach on this trapeze contraption on the bomber. It was dangerous, to say the least! The program was later dropped, never became operational. Maybe that was a Good thing!

davegee

Comment

• Twin 80mm F 15 would be great. Just hope they can sort out there stock problem soon here in Europe before we talk about new models

Comment

• A new FW Twin 80/90 mm F15 would be nice. I have been searching for an FW F15 but none in stock anywhere for a long time yet James keeps wearing that F15 just to tease. Orrrrr is it a little hint of things to come. On the other hand, a new 80/90 mm F9F Cougar or Panther would be added to the hangar quickly

Comment

• I second the big twin F15...I like the existing one but a tad too small for my taste 🙄.

Comment

• Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

I'd probably omit the air brake, though... I can count on one finger how many times I've seen someone other than me and Tony consistently and the Freewing 90mm F-15 with full flaps and full air brake out. Same with the F-104 and T-45... it's rare to see them landed consistently/stably with everything hanging out.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Bummerrrrrrrr, ha-ha. That airbrake and the look of it on final approach is absolutely spectacular. That’s one of the main reasons that led me to buy that F-15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                        Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

I'd probably omit the air brake, though... I can count on one finger how many times I've seen someone other than me and Tony consistently and the Freewing 90mm F-15 with full flaps and full air brake out. Same with the F-104 and T-45... it's rare to see them landed consistently/stably with everything hanging out.
                        There are already plenty of F-15 options out there.

Not so with Hunters, Skyrays, F-106s or Cougars

And a replacement for the FW Eurofighter would be very nice too

Comment

• kallend Very true. Approaching ten years in the EDF business, though, we can certainly see a pattern regarding what people want and what people buy. Unfortunately, the trend is hauntingly similar to the common notion that "If you want to make a hit, make a Cub [or Mustang]". I'd like to think we gave (and will continue to give) as diverse a portfolio of options for customers to choose from, but that pattern so far has proved undeniable. For more exotic birds, we're probably wiser to wait for that data to shift before sticking our necks out even further.

That being said, one of our next birds is the precise opposite of a Cub.

#ChallengeAccepted
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps.

Would some of the modern gyro RXs tame them out to help with that? Or does all of the drag and disrupted airflow at these sizes wreak all sorts of havoc still?

I will say this (probably in the minority) I do appreciate how certain 'scale' features have been omitted with more of a focus on performance, lower weight, and better thrust. Kind of like keeping the old kit-built Top Flites stripped down and simple, and then using a Saito 1.20 to make them haul around like ultra sticks 😁

If a jet is getting re-released the F-15 deserves it, and it'd be awesome if it was brought up to the MiG-29's size and standards. Wouldn't mind a proper 90mm F-105 either, or a Mephisto, or an AreS...

Still need to get that MiG-29 though, after plenty of delays caused by the chaos of things I'm long overdue to get my own with VT to have some fun

Comment

• Originally posted by Topdogzrc View Post
                              If a jet is getting re-released the F-15 deserves it, and it'd be awesome if it was brought up to the MiG-29's size and standards.
                              Yep. It would even be awesome to change things up a bit and make that twin 80mm EDF F-15 an “E” or “EX” variant.

Comment

Approaching ten years in the EDF business.

#ChallengeAccepted
                                OK, so the opposite of a slow, High Wing, Single Engine prop plane primarily used in civilian applications. Must be a fast, twin EDF inrunner used in military applications, or maybe a UFO? We've already got all the current "F" series, and the F-14 and F-15 are still popular enough without the absolute need for a face lift, so what's left, maybe a B-1 Lancer, or a B2 or even an F-117?
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I’d LOVE a stealth aircraft, but any of them in black painted current EPO foam gets a “No Purchase” stamp by me as it simply wouldn’t stand a chance when subjected to the sun. After the first flight it would look reptilian, and I just can’t have that happen on a nice jet. I’ll gladly fly other people’s RC stealth aircraft though if they offer.

Comment

• Alpha, waiting to see what that challenge will produce!

Comment

kallend Very true. Approaching ten years in the EDF business, though, we can certainly see a pattern regarding what people want and what people buy. Unfortunately, the trend is hauntingly similar to the common notion that "If you want to make a hit, make a Cub [or Mustang]". I'd like to think we gave (and will continue to give) as diverse a portfolio of options for customers to choose from, but that pattern so far has proved undeniable. For more exotic birds, we're probably wiser to wait for that data to shift before sticking our necks out even further.

#ChallengeAccepted
                                      Guess #1:

Hmm, a Blackburn Buccaneer can be thought of as the opposite of a Cub, because “Cub” spelled backwards is “Buc” although it’s not a “precise” opposite because Buc is short for Buccaneer, but is still a very closely related one. Making something like the Buccaneer would go against some of the reasoning you had stated in the first part of your post, although you did mention “we gave (and will continue to give) as diverse a portfolio of options”, so that keeps the door open so to speak. Now that you have your EU warehouse and a great customer following, it would make sense to produce an aircraft like the Buccaneer.

Guess #2:

A cub is the young of a carnivorous mammal, which a Panther is. Therefore, a Panther cub is the young of an adult Panther, which is the precise opposite. So, a F9F Panther 70-90mm EDF jet is a great possibility.

Comment

• I'm betting it's a twin 80mm, 2m length F-15 ( :

Comment

• So as Alpha said it's the opposite of a Cub...

It'll probably really fast in flight and on landing, difficult to fly, but easier to takeoff and land and WON'T ground loop, and needs to be the opposite of 'it'll barely kill you in a crash'
                                          So either that means it won't kill you and land you softly, or utterly anihilate you out of this realm of existance

Comment

Working...
                                          X