Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the life of me, I can't understand why people request the T-33 (a trainer) and not the F-80 (single seat fighter). Alpha, is there a reason for the T-33 to be a better subject for a foamie EDF (CG, whatever)? A 90mm F-80, I'm hitting the buy button.

Also, I know I'm dreaming, but to me, the Grumman F9F Panther (straight wing, as in Bridges at Toko Ri) is one of the most iconic cold war jets and flown by everybody from William Holden (that's a joke) to Neil Armstrong, John Glenn and even baseball great Ted Williams. I spent a number of hours improving and repainting an ancient Starmax (I think) Panther, including carefully research markings duplicating Brubaker's Toko Ri bird (which was an actual aircraft for the filming of the movie).

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8595.JPG Views:	0 Size:	246.7 KB ID:	201835Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8593.JPG Views:	0 Size:	242.8 KB ID:	201834Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8597.JPG Views:	0 Size:	241.8 KB ID:	201833

Comment

• Originally posted by MrSmoothie View Post
      For the life of me, I can't understand why people request the T-33 (a trainer) and not the F-80 (single seat fighter). Alpha, is there a reason for the T-33 to be a better subject for a foamie EDF (CG, whatever)? A 90mm F-80, I'm hitting the buy button.

Also, I know I'm dreaming, but to me, the Grumman F9F Panther (straight wing, as in Bridges at Toko Ri) is one of the most iconic cold war jets and flown by everybody from William Holden (that's a joke) to Neil Armstrong, John Glenn and even baseball great Ted Williams. I spent a number of hours improving and repainting an ancient Starmax (I think) Panther, including carefully research markings duplicating Brubaker's Toko Ri bird (which was an actual aircraft for the filming of the movie).
      I have asked my self that very question about the T-33. Not sure why people would prefer that over the P-80. If anything they could make two different cockpit hatches so that those that what a T-33 can just swap out the cockpit.

Comment

For the life of me, I can't understand why people request the T-33 (a trainer) and not the F-80 (single seat fighter). Alpha, is there a reason for the T-33 to be a better subject for a foamie EDF (CG, whatever)? A 90mm F-80, I'm hitting the buy button.

At least for me, I love the T-33 because of its long service history. The last T-33 was still in active service until the early 90s! It trained several generations of pilots, and really proved itself in that role. I’m also biased because my Dad got to fly in one, and I’ve wanted to paint one in his Squadron markings for a while. Don’t get me wrong, the P-80 is great as well, and held an extensive combat record in Korea, but as one of the early jets, it was quickly outclassed by jets such as the F-86, and phased out of being a frontline fighter within a few years. Compare that to the 40+ years the T-33 remained training new pilots and being used for system testing.

And a BIG +1 on an F9F Panther! A John Glenn or Armstrong paint scheme would sell me in a heartbeat! I’ve hovered over the buy button many-a-time for the RC Lander version, but have held out in hopes of a Freewing bird. The little 64mm was my first EDF, and it flew excellent, and would love to have a larger one with retracts. Excellent work on the Toko Ri scheme as well! The rescue helicopter from that movie (Sikorsky HO3S) remains one of my favorite aircraft. At some point, I want to try my hand at 3D printing a scale fuselage for one.

Comment

• A large F117A Nighthawk. This would be awesome👍

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweeney View Post
            A large F117A Nighthawk. This would be awesome👍
            It has been stated before on these forms that the main reason that Nighthawk and any other airplane in black like the SR-71 and B2 would not ever get made in the foreseeable future is because of the problems with black paint gatoring on foam in the sunlight.
            So until they can solve this issue we won't be seeing any models in Black which is unfortunate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evoman View Post

It has been stated before on these forms that the main reason that Nighthawk and any other airplane in black like the SR-71 and B2 would not ever get made in the foreseeable future is because of the problems with black paint gatoring on foam in the sunlight.
              So until they can solve this issue we won't be seeing any models in Black which is unfortunate.
              Yes and no. They could kind of make the SR-71, but it'd have to be in the silver with black trim of the A-12 Oxcart.

Comment

• Mig15/17seems like would be a very nice compliment to the f86 and f4 The direct rivals would look really nice in the air(on the ground too for that manner). Its a straightforward design. There is a 80mm mig 15/17 out there but i have heard the quality is sub par. Freewing makes really nices products I'm sure their mig 15/17 would be awsome

Comment

• A new big SU-35 with 2x80mm and Vector would be great.

Comment

• F-117A, SR-71, B-2, U2

Freewing should do a black jet series. These unique aircraft changed the course of history. Cool factor on these planes is off the charts. Imagine rolling into your local airfield with a Freewing twin 90mm SR-71. I can see it now taking off with dual centerburners glowing--sweet! You would have everyone’s attention. LX has made money off their old designs for 10 years, and I heard a new shipment is arriving this summer. They keep selling out. Why? Because people want the black jets.

Think of all the engineering challenges the real planes overcame. Now, the biggest (and only) problem we have is gatoring?

Comment

• Originally posted by cg7060 View Post
                      F-117A, SR-71, B-2, U2

Freewing should do a black jet series. These unique aircraft changed the course of history. Cool factor on these planes is off the charts. Imagine rolling into your local airfield with a Freewing twin 90mm SR-71. I can see it now taking off with dual centerburners glowing--sweet! You would have everyone’s attention. LX has made money off their old designs for 10 years, and I heard a new shipment is arriving this summer. They keep selling out. Why? Because people want the black jets.

Think of all the engineering challenges the real planes overcame. Now, the biggest (and only) problem we have is gatoring?
                      It's because they use a different type of foam. LX uses EPS where Freewing and Flightline use EPO. What the difference in strength and durability is, I do not know.

Comment

• I agree totally. The F117 nighthawk is my all time favorite. Had the lx one years ago. It was underpowered, and the retracts were terrible, but it flew great. I just can't believe there's no solution to the dark paint problem.

Comment

For the life of me, I can't understand why people request the T-33 (a trainer) and not the F-80 (single seat fighter)...
                          Yep! Or how about an F-84G Thunderjet. Looks just like a T-33 but has an extensive combat history. Huge number of colorful paint schemes, too. Flew for several countries.

I'd jump at a F9F Panther or Mig 15, too.

I'd prefer 80mm, but would still buy 90mm.

Comment

• I still say twin 80mm S-3 Viking.

Comment

F-117A, SR-71, B-2, U2

Here are two official statements that have been made before regarding Black paint on EPO foam airplanes and why EPS foam is not used as much anymore.

"It's not a Blackbird, sadly. Until black paint plays well with EPO foam, it's out of the question for us."
                              Post #552
                              https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...guesses/page28

Year after year, the supply chain for EPS foam grows increasingly... complicated. It's a big reason why there aren't many EPS planes in mass production from the major manufacturers these days, especially not in larger EDF sizes. It often ends up being more expensive than EPO, assuming one can even secure a steady supply. Consistency is key in our business, so fragile chains are clear red flags.
                              Post #2713
                              https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...-alpha/page136

Comment

• Originally posted by Veltro View Post

Yep! Or how about an F-84G Thunderjet. Looks just like a T-33 but has an extensive combat history. Huge number of colorful paint schemes, too. Flew for several countries.

I'd jump at a F9F Panther or Mig 15, too.

I'd prefer 80mm, but would still buy 90mm.

No, it doesn't look like a P-80/T-33. The engine's fed from the front, like a Sabre, not the sides. It looks like a Koi with it's mouth open.

Comment

F-117A, SR-71, B-2, U2

Ok, for all you F-117 fans, since black is out, I found some articles with it in alternate color schemes:

Lockheed F-117A Stealth Fighter, LO, VLO, low obervable, TAC, DARPA, Have Blue

Its development was kept under wraps for 14 years, but by 1991, the F-117 Nighthawk had become a household word.

Remamber, half a loaf is better than none.

Comment

• Originally posted by Valkpilot View Post

No, it doesn't look like a P-80/T-33. The engine's fed from the front, like a Sabre, not the sides. It looks like a Koi with it's mouth open.
                                    If you think having straight wings and tip tanks is all you need then it looks like a t33..... (it doesn't)

Comment

• French Rafale 90mm...pleeeeaaaassssseeee ! Or twin 80mm Mig 29.

Comment

• 105mm EDF Avanti

Comment

• Panavia tornado...
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X