• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201219-103838_Gallery.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	290880

For flying wings, with this origami plane by Grumman, you wouldn't have to remove the pilot to improve the CG.

Comment

• Originally posted by spook View Post
      RCGeek did a conversion based on the Mirage

https://youtu.be/gy8ZaB5uFK8
      I know, very nice :-)) Wish I had the like for building like I had in my younger days. Did build a lot of balsaplanes and even had a JHH Kfir..

Comment

• Originally posted by heartlandaccents View Post
        James Quote:

While of course, a Panther would be cool, I just feel it wouldn't offer much of a flying difference to the L-39 or T-33 as it is a similar shape.

I agree with the flying style being the same, but there is more to it than that. The looks! I'm bias because my Dad flew both the Panther and the Cougar.
        So, maybe a Cougar, it has swept wings unlike the L-39 or the T-33.

Cougar Cougar Cougar PLEASE!

Comment

• Not going to argue the coolness factor of a Panther or Cougar that's for sure. They certainly are bad to the bone

Comment

• Cougarrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by PikeStaff View Post
              The E-Flite F-4 was an experts plane; in every respect. Just like their F-86, they built an airplane that was fast and heavy - not a terrible challenge for truly experienced r/c pilots, but a disaster for everybody else. Like their 1:1 counterparts, they simply could not be slowed down to speeds average pilots are used to, and continue to fly. Thin wings and very high unit loadings are fine as long as speed is held - they are a guarantee of stalled failure if it isn’t. They were beautiful airplanes, excellent flyers in the hands of folks who understood what they needed to be successful - but not for the average, everyday foamy EDF pilot.

A big twin 80mm Phantom, done by the guys who understand their market (I.e., Motion crew), with real detail and attention to the necessary attributes - flying characteristics - would be a home run of probably unparalleled experience. Flaps and full-flying stab are absolutes; slats are a No. Gear doors, and reasonably-close-to-scale gear are mandatory......make the gear, especially the nose gear, stout enough to withstand grass use without failing in 10 easy landings. The extending nose gear was the Navy’s requirement, to get this mammoth fighter off a carrier deck, so unnecessary for us. Arresting hooks should be as per the Skyhawk; there, and attractive, but not operating. Weapons loads, cockpit details, paint / decal options, all are really strong sales incentives. And as big as this is likely to be, there ought to be lots of batt space for upgrades to 8s or bigger.

But if the sled doesn’t fly pretty doggone well, it will die a quick death. Like the E-Flite Phantoms and Sabres did. Make this fly right and they will have mucho trouble keeping them in stock.
              I got my E-flite F-4 Phantom when it first came out and Still flying it to day I still look at the Free Wing F-4 al lot and may get one yet but for now I love the one I got and fly the crap out of it. I just put on a new set of tires, ( no tread left on the original set ) This is one of the video's I took at one of the places I fly but is a little confined for this type of plane. I was a little hot on this landing but it will come in slower, but I hadn't flown it for a few months so I always keep my speed up until I get a few flights in on this one but I do like the way it fly's this was last July and since them I have put many more flights on it The Free Wing is very tempting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azmEPvmIH5E

Comment

• I love my eflite f4. I did upgrade and put the fms 2100kv fan/motor combo in it.

I would spend all the money to get a really big twin 80mm f4 from motion. It's such a great flyer a real twin would be amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
                  I love my eflite f4. I did upgrade and put the fms 2100kv fan/motor combo in it.
                  I love mine too, and put the same EDF unit in it as you did. I don't think it's a particularly difficult plane to fly.

Comment

• we need some new stuff!! Tired of the same old boring planes! Let's get a Sepcat Jaguar, some Century Series Birds (F-101 and F-106) and maybe even some new stuff like a 90mm F-35C with the bat wings!! Or better yet... the F-15EX!!!!
                    Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                    I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                      we need some new stuff!! Tired of the same old boring planes! Let's get a Sepcat Jaguar, some Century Series Birds (F-101 and F-106) and maybe even some new stuff like a 90mm F-35C with the bat wings!! Or better yet... the F-15EX!!!!
                      Love those suggestions, but unfortunately I don't see something like a Jaguar, F-101 or F-106 working with an EDF without an ugly cheater intake.

A 90mm F-35C, with the lighter wing loading, would be fantastic, as would a scale twin 90mm F-15EX to show the Mig-29 who's boss

Comment

• Cougar Please!

Comment

• F-8 crusader 90mm
                          last gunfighter
                          sooo cool

Comment

• Thinking a twin 80mm F 15 to go up against the Mig 29. That would be nice 😊

Comment

• I wouldn't mind seeing a mid-sized airliner of some kind.

I'm only speaking for myself when I say this, but as awesome as it is, the AL37 is just way too big to store and transport. If there was an airliner model closer to the size of the 64mm A-10, that be really awesome.

Comment

• Su-25 Frogfoot

Comment

• Still waiting for my Cougar. In this livery please. Click image for larger version  Name:	Coufar white and red.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.5 KB ID:	310227

Comment

• is this the quiet before the storm???

Comment

• Is it me or..its about time for a new cool jet release? I would love to see something out of the ordinary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petronio View Post
                                        Is it me or..its about time for a new cool jet release? I would love to see something out of the ordinary.
                                        Tornado!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
                                          Tornado!
                                          That's funny, when I saw this thread the first jet I thought of was a Tornado. I used to see them in videos when my Dad was in the Air Force and judging the Bomb Competition down at Nellis AFB. The Tornados would fly in from England. Those guys could TEAR IT UP down in the canyons of the southwest U.S.. Such a cool airplane!

Comment

Working...
                                          X