Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m hoping for some more Cold War era jets. My two favorites are the MiG-23 Flogger and F-101 Voodoo. The MiG could be a big 90mm and the Voodoo could be one 90mm or twin 80/70mm. Anyone agree?

Comment

• Like to post this and see what you think.
      Given the current logistics issues and the much inflated shipping cost incurred by our state side suppliers, I see a trend for smaller planes. My take on all the still stagnant boats off the cost of Cali, the increased cost has already hit us. For FW and our vendors here to make a new plane release a favorable profit, two things have to be in motion.
      Popularity on both in what it’s modeled of and size. Size would have to be considered as to the number of planes that could be placed in one of those shipping containers that would need to cover the shipping cost across more product. That leads me to think more product, smaller size in any new releases. I so wish that the 90mm market would be feasible but as you all have seen, the swing toward the 80mm size has a large following but can a new plane still maintain the two prong popularity or will the move need to be toward even smaller 70mm or 64mm size in order to address the much higher shipping cost across more product per container.
      just me thinking out load today so not looking to cause big disturbance in the force.

Comment

• The bigger they are the better they fly. We should find a way to make them here. Considering freight cost that might become a possibility.

Comment

• Not really as most of the raw materials to make either foam or balsa aircraft are not in the US either. So you would still need to import a majority of the material which would sit on an inflated priced container on a ship off the cost of Long Beach anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Laserdude View Post
            The bigger they are the better they fly. We should find a way to make them here. Considering freight cost that might become a possibility.
            Much of the assembly of an RC plane in China is done manually. The average factory worker in China makes about $3.50US/hr. What do you think your average N. American factory worker is willing to do it for? 5 times that? 6 times? 7 times? One of our most expensive foamie jets today from Motion is pushing $700.00+US. Would anyone be willing to pay over $3000.00 for one?

Comment

• My post has brought up valid points that would work against having manufacturing moved to the Americas unfortunately. Even with the higher cost of shipping being taken on by us buyers already, it still falls short of possible manufacturing cost that could be seen if it became reality. Until this trade war settles down and shipping becomes more reasonable, we will be faced with smaller planes that can absorb the current shipping cost among more products sold within a given shipping container. I wish someone would prove this wrong but just wondering how far down the tunnel we need to go before light is seen again? Just my late night ramblings for thought. Thanks for the responses and thoughts, may the airplane gods give us hope once again!

Comment

• Labour is only a part of it. Motion's series of videos on production is fascinating and recommended viewing.

Rightly or wrongly, even stuff like EPA compliance adds significant overheads in an advanced economy like the US.

The cost advantages will diminish over time as China's standard of living continues to catch up (US per capital GDP is still 6x that of the PRC), similar to say the textiles industry. Shenzhen, the home of freewing models, is now one of the least affordable cities in the world to live.

Whether advanced manufacturing like this can shift to a different low cost jurisdiction seems unlikely. So, expect the cost to keep going up. And be grateful that your first world standard of living affords such luxuries :)

Comment

• Fouga Magister CM170, wingspan 1.80m

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fouga-CM170-Magister-N216DM-MT-5-Belgian-Air-Force-Red-Devils.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	327479
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Right now I'll take anything. It has been so long since a scale release I'm starting to wonder what is wrong

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post
                        Right now I'll take anything. It has been so long since a scale release I'm starting to wonder what is wrong
                        Something must be going on …………… Why are so many Freewing planes “out of stock” for so long?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          Something must be going on …………… Why are so many Freewing planes “out of stock” for so long?
                          Pandemic-related product shortages — from computer chips to construction materials — were supposed to be resolved by now. Instead, the world has gained a lesson in the ripple effects of disruption.

It's not just Freewing and it's not just our hobby.

Comment

• It’s been well over a year now and I realize the current world situation, but I find the total silence from motion on the subject to be infuriating. I know under normal conditions they don’t say anything until it’s ready to be released, but these are certainly not normal conditions and some info, any info, would be nice.

Comment

• Patience...I still stand by my hope for a CT114 Tudor, perhaps an SU25T might be great also :)

Comment

• Man, things are built in China for a reason, and getting products from overseas sucks right now. Every thread and forum doesn't have to be about that though. This thread was supposed to be about what jets would be great to have next. A Tornado would be awesome. Single 90mm, or twin 70mm's or 80mm's

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  Pretty much every Freewing plane is back in stock as we just got a container

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

Pretty much every Freewing plane is back in stock as we just got a container
                                    Say what!!???? Oh no, my poor CC. I guess Biden's decree that the docks be working 24/7 helped?

Comment

• Still nothing under the title of NEXT big jet from freewing

Comment

• Ok, so Christmas is getting closer... any chance FW will gift us with a special Christmas treat before years end?
                                        Otherwise it will have been an entire year without a single scale jet release...

#thebigsad

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                          Ok, so Christmas is getting closer... any chance FW will gift us with a special Christmas treat before years end?
                                          Otherwise it will have been an entire year without a single scale jet release...

#thebigsad
                                          It’s the Grinch for Motion rc, it’s certainly not Santa

Comment

Working...
                                          X