Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will the upgraded gear be available and do you have any photos of it Ryan or Alpha ? Would be nice to order both at the same time. :)
    Last edited by Felixs10; Sep 22, 2017, 09:48 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

In for Grey ARF PLUS and the metal struts! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Felixs10 View Post
        When will the upgraded gear be available and do you have any photos of it Ryan or Alpha ? Would be nice to order both at the same time. :)
        I'm sure I'll get a set as soon as they are available so we can show them to everyone.

Comment

Comment

Excellent job on the video guys. Very informative and well put together.

Comment

Nice review gentlemen!

Vic

Comment

Super bad to the bone, guys!

I'm thinking a custom scheme on the gray airframe will be my choice.

Comment

Just placed my Pre-Order for the Red Arrow Scheme Hawk and cant wait as I have looked for one of these for years after mine was stolen when I lived in England it vanished from my workshop along with a tiger moth in barnstormer flying circus scheme and an MB339 in Tricolori colors after only 2 flights so am so excited and glad Freewing released the red arrow hawk

Comment

Nice video guys.
                    I didn't realise Freewing were doing a Red Arrows hawk. I must be honest I've ordered the FMS 80mm which should be here next month. Either way I'm sure they'll both be great to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkster View Post
                      Nice video guys.
                      I didn't realise Freewing were doing a Red Arrows hawk. I must be honest I've ordered the FMS 80mm which should be here next month. Either way I'm sure they'll both be great to fly.
                      I'm betting so. They are an inch different in span. We really like this one and our 90mm T45 which is a Hawk dressed up for the Navy.

Comment

You guys keep rolling out the hits! Nice review !
                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

I hear you guys are coming to Texas in a few weeks. The Hawk needs a Hawk ! Lol
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by Porkster View Post
                            Nice video guys.
                            The gear doors on the FMS are sweet! I am sitting both of the new Hawk's out only because I have a couple of the 90mm Goshawks.

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                              I hear you guys are coming to Texas in a few weeks. The Hawk needs a Hawk ! Lol
                              You mean dahawk needs a hawk?

Comment

Originally posted by GPJ View Post

The gear doors on the FMS are sweet! I am sitting both of the new Hawk's out only because I have a couple of the 90mm Goshawks.
                                I think these 80mm EDFs are the sweet spot, I've got a few of the freewing 90s and there isn't much in speed difference but the 80s seem to stay up longer.
                                I really like both the Hawks but am happy to go with the FMS version because of the 80mm fan and nice landing gear, I'm chuffed they've put inner doors on it !

Comment

Here are a few pics of the gray one painted up. It was nearly dark when I finally got it to the field for a quick maiden. I did the basic RAF green and gray scheme. Graphics are from Callie. I modified the front of the drop tank to turn it into a belly canon. Cut the foam , filled it with foam filler and embedded a piece of CG tube. Simple. This jet is I think another example of Freewing and Motion RC listening to their customers and providing what they are asking for. I realize the T-45 is already out there but it is in another class and price point. This little 70 mm jet is much like the 70 mm F-16. Simple but upgradeable gear, no gear doors which often just get torn off anyway, a sport jet livery and plain gray for those like me who love Warbirds. Add to that some very effective Daybright LED's and you have a nicely featured/optioned affordable package. I flew mine today with a Roaring Top 5800 35C pack as it balanced just fine at the factory CG of 162 mm from the leading edge of the intakes. I set my throws as follows: Elevator - 20 mm, Ailerons - 15 mm, Rudder - 22 mm. I am running 14 mm for half flaps and 22 mm for full. I noticed no need for any flap to elevator mix. In my DX9 I like 30% expo on ailerons, 25% on elevator and 45% on rudder with it. I flew it with a new Admiral 6 channel stabilizer receiver. It is very smooth and surprisingly powerful. It was airborne off our lumpy Geotex runway in about 150' and it needed only a few clicks of up elevator trim. It felt very comfortable and tracked well but at full throttle it was obvious that the gains on the stabilizer were too sensitive so I spent most of the short flight at about half throttle. It was enough for me to realize it has gobbs of power and is a fast little jet. I had to keep the flight short because I was rapidly losing daylight but those LED's sure helped see it. The landing was no big deal, just carried some power to a flared touchdown. I couldn't have been more pleased with it. Yes, I am sure Freewing and MRC will be delivering more scale/featured planes in the future but this Hawk is gonna be high on the fun factor list for sure. I have not flown a 70 mm EDF until now but it is a good all around deal for the price. Thank you Freewing and MRC for listening and delivering.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170924_192616.jpg Views:	2 Size:	118.9 KB ID:	98275

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170924_192627.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.2 KB ID:	98276

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170924_192641.jpg Views:	1 Size:	118.4 KB ID:	98277

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170924_192658.jpg Views:	1 Size:	103.9 KB ID:	98278

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_16506.jpg Views:	2 Size:	88.6 KB ID:	98279

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170924_225621.jpg
Views:	2154
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	98287

Comment

That looks fantastic Steve! We are enjoying ours as well. 4000 up to 5000 for us no problem. Great bird!

Comment

Thanks Ryan. I can tell that I am really going to have fun flying this plane. I have been spending a lot of time maintaining planes lately but this one is going to be less maintenance I think.

Comment

I have a freewing yak 130 with the older freewing inrunner installed. I am sure that the bae hawk is more forgiving in flight due to the larger wings but how does the baehawk compare speed wise?
                                        thanks,
                                        Tone

Comment

Hey TS8103, welcome to the Squawk! I have personally never flown the Yak but I have seen a buddies fly. Ryan may be better able to provide a comparison but I know I was thoroughly impressed with the power and speed of the Hawk. It is easily a 100+ mph bird.

Comment

Working...
                                          X