X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
    Could not fly today because of our 2 day heli event. Stopped by the field and watched Ben Storick in from Las Vegas. One of the top 3 heli guys in the world. Holy crap. Amazing.

So it looks like tomorrow if I don’t go to see the Blue Angels or Monday if I can break away. Rates, gyro all set. Dying to fly this girl.

Thanks guys for your advice!

Hawk
    Supposed to be really windy here tomorrow as this front moves through. :( I hope your maiden goes well Dave.

Comment

• Thanks Steve,

Btw,
      I used the same marks and 5800 batt placement you suggested for CG. Spot on !
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
        Thanks Steve,

Btw,
        I used the same marks and 5800 batt placement you suggested for CG. Spot on !
        Excellent! Good to hear.

Comment

• I would think the Brits do the same thing the blues do on there planes...wash and wax after every preformance. not much weathering to do if you leave it red lol...but then again from what ive seen Steve never leaves any plane stock color:)

Comment

• They were pretty clean, but as with any aircraft there were some areas here and there. References from Graham James' walkaround found online:

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Red Arrows-0333.JPG
Views:	876
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	102248Click image for larger version

Name:	ra 92.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	133.7 KB
ID:	102249Click image for larger version

Name:	The Red Arrows-0331.JPG
Views:	884
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	102250Click image for larger version

Name:	The Red Arrows-0330.JPG
Views:	833
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	102251
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	ra 25.jpg
Views:	775
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	102253Click image for larger version

Name:	ra 84.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	102254

Name:	ra 72.jpg
Views:	807
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	102255Click image for larger version

Name:	The Red Arrows-0317.JPG
Views:	791
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	102256

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	The Red Arrows 0334.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	102258Click image for larger version

Name:	ra 27.jpg
Views:	789
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	102259

Name:	The Red Arrows-0327.JPG
Views:	847
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	102261Click image for larger version

Name:	ra 21.jpg
Views:	805
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	102260

Comment

• Pretty darn cool. The red arrows are a proud group. Watched our Blue Angels this weekend. All I can say is WOW!
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                    I would think the Brits do the same thing the blues do on there planes...wash and wax after every preformance. not much weathering to do if you leave it red lol...but then again from what ive seen Steve never leaves any plane stock color:)
                    Not true, I left my F-86 the stock color... :)A show plane though has to be clean. I am glad that Freewing offered this jet in the base gray. Made it very easy to paint to my liking.

Comment

• Was it difficult to install the upgraded struts. ?? Mine will be here tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post
                        Was it difficult to install the upgraded struts. ?? Mine will be here tomorrow
                        Not really. Helps to have a magnetic Philips screwdriver. Nose Gear is the hardest part about it. Takes less than 30 minutes total to make the swap.

Comment

• your painting is second to none...wish I had your modeling skills

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                            your painting is second to none...wish I had your modeling skills
                            Thank you. I don't consider myself to be all that good but I am trying to improve by trying different techniques. I really need to work on my airbrushing skills.

Comment

• Mines arrived from motion RC to the U.K. . More pics to follow

Comment

• To anyone that has built this plane. Am I missing something how to connect the main gears?? I’ve 2 leads and 1 spot left on the board to connect it

Comment

• Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post
                                  To anyone that has built this plane. Am I missing something how to connect the main gears?? I’ve 2 leads and 1 spot left on the board to connect it
                                  There are two spots on one side and one on the other. The nose gear will already be plugged in. Same with the rudder, and nosewheel steering. Rudder will need to be plugged in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post

There are two spots on one side and one on the other. The nose gear will already be plugged in. Same with the rudder, and nosewheel steering. Rudder will need to be plugged in.
                                    So there is . How I feel stupid . My eyesite is bad. Didn’t even see the slot on the other side

Comment

• That's funny. Don't feel bad. I did the exact same thing. Was scratching my head, (cussing at Pilot Ryan- LOL ) until I finally located the missing connection on the board.

Comment

• And done , just radio setup to do . Optional retracts installed

Comment

• April,

Nice photo's. I'm sure that must have taken you a whole 1 hour to build and ready for maiden. LOL

I maidened mine today with some snarly wind conditions. 12-18 variable. Flew great ! Not even a click of trim needed . Using an A3L stabilizer. Hope to have some video later.

The second flight was a bit more tenuous. At the suggestion of one of my flying buddies, He had flown for AA earlier in the day and told me at 3000 ft. the wind was coming out of the South yet they still had him set for a North approach. The low level winds were running opposite. So I upped the gain on the gyro slightly to compensate more for the wind conditions. As I got her up to speed and about 150' agl, she started the classic gyro vibration.Too much gain. So I slowed her down on the downwind leg for a short final to bring her in and adjust. Wind shifted slightly and with a low throttle setting she almost completely lost elevator authority in the base to final turn. Like a downwind stall. Got her level with full back pressure at the last second and brought her down just short of the runway on the apron. Kind of a hard landing but not too bad. She didn't bounce. No damage. She's a keeper ! Whew !

Ran with both a RT 5800 35C and an Admiral 5000 50C. Kind of liking the lighter weight Admiral better for this plane. Both got about 4 min including taxi time.

Hawk

Comment

Working...
                                          X