Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hawk did u have any trouble getting al the plugs into the flightline blue box? I conldnt get the light plugs in at all then I took out the last 3 prong plug and the lights had room to slide in and then of course I forced the 3 prongers back in line lol

I just finished up mine today as the wind in nw ark was crazy tomorrow I might get the a10 out for a maiden or just fly the rebel as I need to make some room :)

Comment

• Ron,
      I did struggle with the board for a while. Need the hands of a micro surgeon. Lol. All good now.

Crappy weather till Saturday.
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Anyone using a gyro on there ? Or don’t think it needs it

Comment

• All done and ready for her maiden

Comment

• Beautiful! I fly mine with a gyro, smooths out the bobbles.

Comment

• The Hawk doesn't need a gyro, but if one is used, as usual with any new aircraft be prepared to dial the gain to your preferences. In my opinion, less is more. As some are reporting, too high of a gain can create a dangerous oscillation. Too low of gain isn't dangerous... it just means you're the one flying it.

This Hawk doesn't slow down to a brisk jogging pace on landing unless it has a nice headwind. Take it up high and evaluate the stall, so it doesn't surprise you while low and slow.
              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Agreed, doesn't need a gyro. We didn't use one for review. I did put the Admiral gyro rx in mine though, basically same place Steve put his. It's not needed, but doesn't hurt either depending on what kind of winds you go up in.

Comment

• I have a Spectrum 610 mounted next to the board and an A3L mounted above on the upper deck. Does it need one ? Not really but in windy conditions like yesterday, it helps to provide a peace of mind. I agree , dial it down so the plane does not oscillate at speed.

What a nice plane for the money. Best 70mm in my squadron.
                  Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                  Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                  I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Yes, to be clear, it doesn't need a gyro. I fly gyros in almost all of my planes as a matter of personal preference. I have the same Admiral 6Ch Stabilizer Receiver in my Hawk as Ryan. I keep the gains fairly low as it does not need them cranked and will cause an oscillation as Alpha mentioned. My pots are set to around 10 o'clock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                      Agreed, doesn't need a gyro. We didn't use one for review. I did put the Admiral gyro rx in mine though, basically same place Steve put his. It's not needed, but doesn't hurt either depending on what kind of winds you go up in.
                      What’s your though of the admiral RX?? Any issues with range etc?? I’ve been looking at one.

Comment

• I can't speak for Ryan but mine have performed flawlessly so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                          I can't speak for Ryan but mine have performed flawlessly so far.
                          Are you flying it In the hawk! ? Would you mind posting g a pic of your gain settings ?

Comment

• at around 30 dollars I am getting much more interested in gyros ....always strayed away from them after watching the HH vids of the older 636 programing

Comment

• Best I have at the moment. If you zoom in you can see the first two pots are at about 11 o'clock which was my starting setting before the maiden and was too much. They are now at 10 o'clock.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170924_225621.jpg
Views:	904
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	102453

Comment

• even your wireing looks neat and organized lol mine always looks like crap even when I hide it all under battery tray:)

Comment

Thank you sir! If I were half as good with painting as you are with videos that might be saying something LOL I am working on on a Blue Angels A-4 and am trying to be diligent about documenting what I do on it. I will try to capture some of the painting process for it on tape. Also, I want to do some weathering on the Hawk which would be a good opportunity to get it on video as well. Thanks again.
                                  Well then maybe, just maybe, we should join forces and produce something on that topic. I would love to some day join you guys in that part of the country and do a story on your "band of brothers", which includes your techniques on mods and painting!

In the meantime, whatever you can come up with on showing your skills would be much helpful. I'm wanting to do a scheme on my "still bare naked" A-10. Mine is pretty simple, but I've never painted before and certainly don't want to screw it too badly. :Scared:

Comment

• I try to avoid the "rat's nest" at all costs. Some are harder to avoid than others but that is when I become a surgeon and pull out the forceps and hemostats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Well then maybe, just maybe, we should join forces and produce something on that topic. I would love to some day join you guys in that part of the country and do a story on your "band of brothers", which includes your techniques on mods and painting!

In the meantime, whatever you can come up with on showing your skills would be much helpful. I'm wanting to do a scheme on my "still bare naked" A-10. Mine is pretty simple, but I've never painted before and certainly don't want to screw it too badly. :Scared:
                                      That would be awesome. You would love it at George's. We have such a great group of people there. I will put something together soon. Don't be afraid to try painting an old fuse or wing if you have one floating around. I save parts of crashed or expired air-frames just for trying new stuff on.

Comment

I try to avoid the "rat's nest" at all costs. Some are harder to avoid than others but that is when I become a surgeon and pull out the forceps and hemostats.
                                        I'm loving the removable batt trays for hiding wire runs. On the gyro I'm with Steve on the gains around 10:00 it will get along at 11 but at speed you'll know it's there. On my Tigercat I get along fine around 11, the jets just go faster and need less gain.

loving the Hawk!

Comment

• Thanks guys. I’ve order one of these RX and will Install when it arrives. There is hardly no wind tomorrow! So will maiden without

Comment

Working...
                                          X