X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post
    Thanks guys. I’ve order one of these RX and will Install when it arrives. There is hardly no wind tomorrow! So will maiden without
    Looking forward to hearing how it goes. I think you will really enjoy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Well then maybe, just maybe, we should join forces and produce something on that topic. I would love to some day join you guys in that part of the country and do a story on your "band of brothers", which includes your techniques on mods and painting!

In the meantime, whatever you can come up with on showing your skills would be much helpful. I'm wanting to do a scheme on my "still bare naked" A-10. Mine is pretty simple, but I've never painted before and certainly don't want to screw it too badly. :Scared:
      Just make NEFI 2018 and you'll see Steve, George, Gman, Boots, myself and probably more that I can't remember cause I've already overloaded the chemo brain with name recall.LOL
      Ryan and Mike for sure too but you got to meet them at Hawk's event.;)
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I’m definately gonna put NEFI 2018 on my calendar!
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• It would be great to see you guys there. I had a blast at NEFI and at eWeek and George's 4th of July and Fall fly-ins. I am definitely hooked.

Comment

• I just ordered this jet. It's the perfect color for foggy Half Moon Bay. I shot this video of my friends maiden flight on 10/29/17. I can't wait to get mine!

Comment

• Well had her maiden flight and what a cracking aircraft and flys on rails. Grass takeoff wasn’t an issue and was pretty scale . I think the upgraded retracts helped a lot .

Used a 4000mah 60C Lipo and got 4 mins flight time ( with 1min Extra go come down and land .

She slows down really well.

big smiles all round at my club this morning!! 10 grown men all starring at me arrrr not off putting at all haha .

well recommended aircraft

Comment

• Very good to hear. Thanks for the feedback. I have yet to try mine with the upgraded struts....hopefully Saturday.

Comment

• was setting up the throws on my hawk and the lights went out...oh oooo... the 8 inch extention on the ztw esc became unsoldered...back to the local hobby shop and get that fixed... then sense I am using a fms 70mm 4s set up I checked the CG with a 4s 4000 battery...all the way forward and a extra oz at the front of the cockpit and she balanced at the 6 . something point...if the weather ever gets better here ill give it a maiden. really liking how easy this one went together...

well extention resoldered and checked over and replaced in hawk very easy to work on even in the wing compartment u don't have to take all the wires off the rx etc

Comment

• anyone figure out what the big round hole in top of the fuse is for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                      anyone figure out what the big round hole in top of the fuse is for?
                      2 typical reasons for a hole in a foamie airplane:

Cooling electronics
                      "Cheater hole" to help the EDF get intake air.

without even seeing it I'll bet its to help the EDF get enough intake air to give enough thrust for takeoff.
                      FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• On the Freewing version It's not a hole. It is a round circle about 1/4" deep...The full size planes have a hole there but I do not know what it is for other than to get us to ask questions about...:Silly:

Comment

• It is the exhaust port for the APU on the full scale jet!! :-)

Comment

• Thank you sir...

Comment

• Aux. Power Unit
                              Was trying to find a picture of it, but no luck so far....

Comment

• u can see it in these pics if u blow them up some...btw thanks hardway

just painted mine silver just for grins probably needed to be black

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                  Aux. Power Unit
                                  Was trying to find a picture of it, but no luck so far....
                                  FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• Thanks for the search.... I just wanted an up-close shot and all the web has is of the full aircraft... It can't be easy if it is not something "naughty" or political. Tired of both...

Comment

• Some footage of today’s fligt

Comment

• Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post
                                        Some footage of today’s fligt

https://youtu.be/BysXNMz4hMM
                                        Do you ever have to dodge the sheep? LOL Your grass does not look all that short but it took off with little effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Do you ever have to dodge the sheep? LOL Your grass does not look all that short but it took off with little effort.
                                          Well they share the field every now and then , they normally stay away hehe.

the grass was cut about a week ago! I did use most the patch to take off ! So it does need doing again, but yeah no issues on a grass runway

Comment

Working...
                                          X