Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started assembling mine late last night and found a bad aileron servo. Disappointedly filled out a ticket with MRC this morning and received notice that a new servo shipped this afternoon. Great customer service.

Don

Comment

• I hope it's not the blue box causing failures again like on the mig...

Comment

• I finally maidened mine. Oh how I love it. Flew my maiden with suspension struts. Mike had his on as well. These things look great together. Like Steve reports, the speed is impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by the snake View Post
          I hope it's not the blue box causing failures again like on the mig...
          No, this is definitely the servo. Once I removed it, I could wiggle the wire at the servo and it would work occasionally.

Don

Comment

• Hi, for the people who has both plane (Freewing AvantiS and Hawk) how many percent the hawk goes faster than the AvantiS and how many minutes do you run the Hawk, I do three with my AvantiS ? Thanks

Comment

• I can’t comment on the speed difference either FMS Avanti but I’m getting about 4 min on the Hawk. I do keep up speedwize with the FW 80mm Avanti S.
              Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
              Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
              I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• It is noticeably faster than the Avanti when flying on my china hobby line 70°C packs. I love how much space it has inside of it. My 6000mah pack even fits inside it and I will get 4:30 run time out of the 6000mah pack.

FAR happier with these packs than the Admirals I️ got through MotionRC.

Comment

• I am turning mine into a desert hawk and arming it. I got the sidewinder rails from the 70 mm F 16, they are slightly too big at 9”s, am looking for some AIM-9 Sidewinders to go on it and external tanks. My buddy said to look at the freeway 90 mm F 15 tanks and sidewinders. Anybody else have suggestions?
                  ive already had Callie graphics start on the decals.

Comment

• Went flying this weekend and when I got to the field what did I see but another Avanti S sitting on the tarmac ( grass ),:Silly: that makes 3. So Bill comes over to me and says "did you see my new plane"? "yep I saw it; looks good ; did you fly it yet"? "nah, waiting on a battery; After seeing yours fly and that beefy undercarriage I ordered it right then, my first jet ever". "I've been wanting to get a jet but I just didn't like the undercarriage on them so I just couldn't do it but after seeing yours; that sold me". So guy again I think this is a big deal on sales of these jets. We are on shipment number 5 on the Avanti S; the first 4 were sold out before they hit the ground. We are on the first shipment of the red hawk and it's not sold out yet. Numbers don't lie. sales are just not there on this jet and it's beautiful, I LOVE IT. It can't be the looks of the jet because it looks awesome so what do you all think it is?:Confused: I was a little wrong about the undercarriage, I think I got the FMS and the Freewing mixed up. After reading all your comment ( and thank you ) I went and looked again and I do like the upgrade undercarriage but again I have to spend $229.00 for the plane and then I have to spend another $43.00 to upgrade the landing gear just to get what should have already been in it, then my labor to install it and it's still has to small of wheels and it's not the Avanti S . At $272.00 it just to close in price; I'd buy the Avanti S. AGAIN ; this is not me bitching but an observation. I love Motion RC, Ryan, Mike and Alpha so I'm just giving some feedback (because I know they are reading this) so they can do better on the next one. Just like the Freewing 70MM F-16 V1 with thrust vectoring and no retracts ( who wants to fly a F-16 with the wheels hanging out especially doing 3D maneuvers ) to V2 no thrust vectoring but now it has retracts. Just my opinion but If this jet came with the Avanti S undercarriage at this price it would have already sold out. I think ; anyway ; just my $.02 worth. Oh, and when I say not so good grass I mean cow pasture, cow patties, mole hills and no grass sandy spots that the little wheels sink into.:Sick2:

Kenny

Comment

• No question the Avanti S is a big hit. My buddy flies one. Runs circles around the 90mm Stinger. But don’t underestimate the new 70mm Hawk. I keep up with the Avanti without any problem. She’s fast and the red arrows livery is far more attractive to me than that God awful yellow Lol. Fly’s great off grass as does the Avanti.

I had a 2200kv XRP 14b waiting in the wings so bought the Arf+ @ $169.00. No need to upgrade the chicken legs yet but can always do that later. Don’t see them when they are retracted.

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• To all,

I thought you might like to see pictures of my Freewing Hawk that I just finished. I'm not really into the one color red British paint scheme because I am new to EDF's and I wanted a scheme to help me with orientation. I ordered a grey version and painted it like a T-45C of training wing two. This is the special Navy 100 year Centennial paint scheme.
                        Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• Very nice, vdanger. What's an AWM blister?

Don

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk vdanger. Your Hawk looks incredible. Love the color scheme..

Comment

• I just got the repairs finished on mine after putting it down in some trees because I forgot to re-secure the vertical fin after transporting it. It was one of my stupid moments :Silly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171111_171135.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	103583

Comment

• AWM stands for Advanced Whistle Mount. Here's a closer view
                                Super Airliner, Corsair, Viper, BAE Hawk, L-39, A-6, PC-21, B-25, T-28, GeeBee, Wildcat, Stinson, F-16, F-4

Comment

• Originally posted by vdanger View Post
                                  AWM stands for Advanced Whistle Mount. Here's a closer view
                                  Capt Mike will love this.

Don

Comment

• maidened the hawk today...flew great as its a 4s set up..used the g force 4s 5000 3 min flight and came back at 60 per cent left lol...only problem was after the flight I was going to adjust the elevator and noticed the right elevator was torn about one to 2 inches from the inboard side... used packing tape to fix it but why would freewing put nylon hindges on flaps witch are used very little compared to airalons and elevator but not the other often used serfaces???

one thing that I learned was that it needs a small shot of power just before u flair for landing lol but did land pretty nice I blame landing on the pilot figure wearing mittens

Comment

• So Ron,

You say you flew the hawk on a 4s battery and it flew fine? Did you think it had enough power on 4s?

The reason I ask is that I have not maidened mine yet and I only have one 6s battery but I have a bunch of 4s batteries!

Vance

Comment

• I am running a fms 70 mm fan with a 2750kv motor made for 4s...I flew off short grass today without flaps as I wanted to test them in the air first (but never did lol) it took off after a 75 foot run ,,,so what id say is don't use the 4s with a setup for 6s as it will have a much lower kv motor

Comment

• OK thanks. I didn't realize you weren't using the stock setup.

Vance

Comment

Working...
                                          X